Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Not sure if it's Whole Home or iPad issue

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   crawdad62

crawdad62

Godfather

• Registered
  • 286 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 10:15 AM

I had a HD DVR hardwired into my router (right behind the TV) and I had no problem with the iPad app. It would see the single DVR and I could control it without problem. On Friday I had Whole Home installed along with the CCK. Whole Home works great. All receivers and DVR's are showing connected and they're working as promised. Problem is the one DVR that I would like iPad control for isn't available. It shows on my list when I go to settings but doesn't have a Rec. ID except ....0000. I've tried to enter the IP address manually but it only goes to "Searching For Receiver" and that's it.

Like I said that's the one on the whole list I want to control and I can't get it added. Any suggestions?

Oh and edit* On all the other receivers/DVR's in the system info. under Network is says Connected but on the one DVR that I'm having trouble with it shows Coax Connected (it's a HR24-100 BTW)

Edited by crawdad62, 01 January 2012 - 10:25 AM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   azarby

azarby

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,017 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:05 PM

I had a HD DVR hardwired into my router (right behind the TV) and I had no problem with the iPad app. It would see the single DVR and I could control it without problem. On Friday I had Whole Home installed along with the CCK. Whole Home works great. All receivers and DVR's are showing connected and they're working as promised. Problem is the one DVR that I would like iPad control for isn't available. It shows on my list when I go to settings but doesn't have a Rec. ID except ....0000. I've tried to enter the IP address manually but it only goes to "Searching For Receiver" and that's it.

Like I said that's the one on the whole list I want to control and I can't get it added. Any suggestions?

Oh and edit* On all the other receivers/DVR's in the system info. under Network is says Connected but on the one DVR that I'm having trouble with it shows Coax Connected (it's a HR24-100 BTW)

Can you list the IP addresses for each of your receivers. Most likely the DVR in question is on a diferent subnet. Also check to see if the HR24 has an ethernet cable plugged in.

#3 OFFLINE   crawdad62

crawdad62

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 286 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:27 PM

Bedroom 1 10.0.1.22
Bedroom 2 10.0.1.21
Master BR 10.0.1.9

The Family RM DVR is the one in question. Network setup shows the IP as 10.0.1.20 which is the new HR24-100

There's no ethernet plugged into the HR24. When the installer came I told him I had two coaxial cables running to each DVR I had in the previous install and he said good I'll use one for the CCK. So how it's set up is the HR24 only has a coax coming to it. The CCK has the other coax that was used previously and the ethernet cable off the CCK goes into the router which is behind the TV.

#4 OFFLINE   phoneman06

phoneman06

Mentor

• Registered
  • 46 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:34 PM

Have you checked this:
Settings>Whole Home>External Device>External Access. Should be set to allow.

#5 OFFLINE   crawdad62

crawdad62

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 286 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:35 PM

Have you checked this:
Settings>Whole Home>External Device>External Access. Should be set to allow.

Yep. That's the first thing I checked because the iPad app even asks if the setting are correct. The weird thing is if I go to the HR's setting and block access the iPad app actually finds it but won't allow access since it's blocked. Allowing it just brings it back to "Searching For Receiver."

Edited by crawdad62, 01 January 2012 - 12:41 PM.

#6 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,478 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:49 PM

If all receivers are seeing one another, and you have VOD on the DVRs, I'd simply try a reset via Menu on the bolshy DVR, and reboot the iPad before trying to connect again.

Good luck!
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#7 OFFLINE   crawdad62

crawdad62

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 286 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 01:36 PM

Yeah I'll probably just leave well enough alone. Everything else is working well. If it were any other of the boxes I wouldn't even care.

#8 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,242 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 01 January 2012 - 02:36 PM

When was the ethernet cable unplugged from the HR24 that is causing the problem or was an ethernet cable ever plugged into it?

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#9 OFFLINE   crawdad62

crawdad62

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 286 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:10 PM

When was the ethernet cable unplugged from the HR24 that is causing the problem or was an ethernet cable ever plugged into it?

- Merg

The installer never plugged the Ethernet into the HR24. The Ethernet from the DECA goes to the router. And the coax goes back to the switch. The MRV works great as does the iPad app with the exception of excluding the HR24 being available.

#10 OFFLINE   TDK1044

TDK1044

Godfather

• Registered
  • 539 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:30 PM

Uninstall the DirecTV I pad app and download it again. Let it find your configuration settings as they are now.

#11 OFFLINE   crawdad62

crawdad62

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 286 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:36 PM

I've done that too. A couple of times. I even deleted it from the iPad then from iTunes and synced just to be sure it was gone. Weirdest thing. It's just this one DVR, everything else is seen and available. It's frustrating because it's the only I want to control via the app and it's the only one I can't.

#12 OFFLINE   TDK1044

TDK1044

Godfather

• Registered
  • 539 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:45 PM

Have you tried reauthorizing that DVR using the tool on the D website?

#13 OFFLINE   crawdad62

crawdad62

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 286 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:52 PM

Have you tried reauthorizing that DVR using the tool on the D website?

No that one I haven't tried. I'll check that out.

#14 OFFLINE   TDK1044

TDK1044

Godfather

• Registered
  • 539 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:56 PM

No that one I haven't tried. I'll check that out.

Help......Tools.....Reauthorize your Receiver. :)

#15 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:58 PM

It is the receiver id of all zero's.
You will need to call the 1-800 number and ask the csr to update the details for that receiver.

Model
Serial
Access Card
Receiver Id
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#16 OFFLINE   crawdad62

crawdad62

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 286 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 08:42 AM

Help......Tools.....Reauthorize your Receiver. :)

Okay I gave that a shot. Unfortunately it didn't help.

It is the receiver id of all zero's.
You will need to call the 1-800 number and ask the csr to update the details for that receiver.

Model
Serial
Access Card
Receiver Id

Well on D* website it shows the RID it just doesn't show it on the iPad app.

#17 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:22 AM

Okay I gave that a shot. Unfortunately it didn't help. Well on D* website it shows the RID it just doesn't show it on the iPad app.

PM me your DIRECTV.COM Login and your Account Number (no password).
I can send it to the right people to correct that.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#18 OFFLINE   crawdad62

crawdad62

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 286 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:24 AM

PM sent. Thanks Earl

spam firewall