Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Need help setting up D1000.4 WA

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   R DAVIS

R DAVIS

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 03:19 PM

I bought a Dish Network VIP 211K receiver, and D1000.4 Western Arc Dish assembly, on the internet, from Solid Signal Co.

The instructions that came with the dish are very confusing and or incomplete.

I understand how to assemble, mount and aim the dish itself, but am totally unclear on the wiring. The package does not include the "Service Loop", or any kind of wires or switch. I don't understand how I can connect the 3 LNBFs to the RG 6 coax that runs to my receiver, and have no idea what the "LNB IN" connector is for.

I only want to connect it to one receiver and one television, and want programming from all 3 Western Arc Satellites (110, 119 and 129). So what do I use for the "Service Loop ?

How do I convert from 3 (or 4) connectors on the LNBF to a single coax to the receiver, or is that necessary ? Is the LNBf assembly somehow connected internally to all 3 LNBs and only needing one output ?

Do I need a separate cable and switch, or does it work on all 3 by simply connecting my RG6 that goes to my receiver, to one of the 4 connectors on the LNBf. If I need to buy something else, what exactly do I need, and where can I get it ?

Please excuse my ignorance, but I previously had a dish 1000.1 dish that served 2 separate receivers. It had a coax connected to all 3 LNBs that ended up with only 2 wires coming out of the service loop inside the mounting arm obviously one to go to each of the 2 receivers. That is completely unlike the new dish, so I'm baffled.

Am I somehow overlooking the obvious and making the whole deal more complicated than it really is ?

Thanks in advance.

Randy

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,986 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 01 January 2012 - 03:45 PM

need one coax from any of three OUT (In for 4th LNBF/sat) to your 211; forget the "service loop"
see manuals for install DP or DPP equipments at dish site or www.dishuser.org

#3 OFFLINE   BobaBird

BobaBird

EKB Editor

• Registered
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 05:45 PM

The switch for the 1000.4 is integrated in the LNB assembly. The LNB IN lets you run a 4th satellite, perhaps 118 for international channels, without having to add an external switch.
Charles @dishuser - a dynamic employee of Massive Veridian
Visit the EchoStar Knowledge Base
"The other guys charge $9.95/month to use tapeless record" - Dish Network Tech Forum, 8-6-01
"dual" is NOT the same as "Twin" - here's why

#4 OFFLINE   R DAVIS

R DAVIS

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:16 PM

Thanks to both of you for the quick reply.

The manual didn't explain that clearly, and it just seemed to be too easy and simple to make sense in today's complicated world.

That's good news and will make set up a breeze.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...