Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

622 picture freezes

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   haeffb

haeffb

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:18 PM

So, this afternoon I started experiencing problems with my 622 receiver. Watching ESPN HD and the receiver appears to lock up with a frozen picture. Unresponsive to the remote and the only solution I've found is to reboot the receiver.

Any ideas what's going on and how to fix it?

Thanks!

Edit: Never mind. Hard rebooted and got a "Hard Drive Failure" error message. Dish tech support chat is sending a new 622 via UPS.

Edited by haeffb, 02 January 2012 - 09:53 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   MattG@DISH Network

MattG@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 561 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:19 PM

Sorry to hear that your receiver went bad. I hope that everything with the new receiver works out for you. Let us know if we can help at all

Matthew "Speedy" Gonzales
Social Media

Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday 11a-10p MT.  Off: Weds/Sat/Sun.

#3 OFFLINE   festivus

festivus

Legend

• Registered
  • 190 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:34 AM

I've been having the same issue on my upstairs 622. It was happening once every day for 3 or 4 days. I would unplug for while, plug back in, and it would be OK for a day.

My wife called customer service the other day. She was told to plug the receiver directly into the wall, to bypass the UPS that I had been using. I have a UPS because my electricity service is not good at times. I'll get short, frequent outages.

So anyway we plugged it directly into the socket and it seems to have fixed the issue so far.
Panasonic TCP50S1 50 inch plasma in great room, Dish VIP622, Pioneer Surround System

Sanyo PLV-Z5 Projector in basement, 106 inch gray screen, 2nd Dish VIP622. LG Surround System

db2 antennna in attic for both VIP622s

Time Warner Roadrunner

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. ~Carl Sagan

#4 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:53 AM

If you continue to experience problems with the receiver, more than likely it will need to be replaced. You might get an error message (024 or 311). Please let me know if you have further problems. Thanks.

I've been having the same issue on my upstairs 622. It was happening once every day for 3 or 4 days. I would unplug for while, plug back in, and it would be OK for a day.

My wife called customer service the other day. She was told to plug the receiver directly into the wall, to bypass the UPS that I had been using. I have a UPS because my electricity service is not good at times. I'll get short, frequent outages.

So anyway we plugged it directly into the socket and it seems to have fixed the issue so far.

#5 OFFLINE   festivus

festivus

Legend

• Registered
  • 190 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:19 AM

Thanks, Ray. As far as I can tell, the issue went away when I bypassed the UPS. But I'm at work during the day now so I can't be sure. I'll let you know if it happens again. Thanks.
Panasonic TCP50S1 50 inch plasma in great room, Dish VIP622, Pioneer Surround System

Sanyo PLV-Z5 Projector in basement, 106 inch gray screen, 2nd Dish VIP622. LG Surround System

Time Warner Roadrunner

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. ~Carl Sagan

#6 OFFLINE   festivus

festivus

Legend

• Registered
  • 190 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 04:20 PM

Well it did it twice today. Both times I was navigating through the guide and doing searches. Only way to get it to come back up was to reboot.

Right now I'm sending my recordings to my external hard drive and writing down my timers. I'll be calling support a bit later.

Time Warner Roadrunner

spam firewall