Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Warning From Dish

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Skeeterman

Skeeterman

Legend

• Registered
  • 211 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 01:01 PM

My wife been complaining there's a "Warning Window 807" that pop ups on the TV screen various times of the day on the VIP211 that is in the family room. It did this morning when I turn the HDTV. It states that I have three mores days view my programming. I'm to logon to dish.com and make a programing change. So I did just that and find from doing some searching on my account, there's a "EPIX channel that shows I have since 10/01/2011 and will expire 1/05/2012. If I don't want this to continue I must summit that I don't want it, and if I don't I will be charged $7.00 per month.

I don't remember ordering such programing (channel) back in October.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   normang

normang

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 01:28 PM

I thought it was an extended promo, and if you do nothing, the channels disappear??
Norm

#3 OFFLINE   karrank%

karrank%

AllStar

• Registered
  • 114 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:46 PM

we had something similar, our hbo/cinemax promo was set to auto-expire on that date. I assume the system wants you to re--up.

Sounds alarming at first though.

#4 ONLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,242 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:50 PM

EPIX was on as a free preview during October; you didn't sign up for it.

spam firewall