Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2011-12 Season Ratings - Winter

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#26 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,338 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 18 January 2012 - 06:36 PM

Is Ringer done?
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#27 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 13,665 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 18 January 2012 - 06:53 PM

No, it returns January 31.

The CW apparently must have written the course for broadcast network TV programmers on how to confuse viewers by not actually supporting a fixed schedule.

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#28 OFFLINE   Holydoc

Holydoc

Legend

• Registered
  • 231 posts
  • LocationPanhandle, FL

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:38 AM

Phrelin,

Is AMC not even a player in the ratings? With shows like The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, The Killing, Mad Men, and Hell on Wheels, I would have thought that their ratings would out surpass those of CW.

I am probably just bias since I do not watch anything on CW and all the above series on AMC.

Was just wondering.

#29 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 13,665 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:08 PM

Phrelin,

Is AMC not even a player in the ratings? With shows like The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, The Killing, Mad Men, and Hell on Wheels, I would have thought that their ratings would out surpass those of CW.

I am probably just bias since I do not watch anything on CW and all the above series on AMC.

Was just wondering.

AMC shows are getting much better ratings than The CW, as are a number of cable and premier channel shows. Tuesday night's season premiers of "White Collar" (USA), "Justified" (FX) and "Southland" (TNT) all did better than anything on The CW even if you don't look at ratings for the same night and same week repeats. The cable daily results are available at TVbytheNumbers. But....

The Nielsen ratings reports are divided. The broadcast network prime time ratings are a separate category from cable channels and both separately from premium channels. The Nielsen folks do report results for the Spanish language broadcast channel network Univision, which gets around double The CW ratings each week and frequently pulls more than an NBC prime time half hour. Apparently they also report weekly results for PBS, but getting that info is a puzzle.

Along with other info gatherers, Nielsen does report online activities, but we really don't know what folks are doing.

This becomes really clear when you see the ratings for the third Wednesday of Winter:

Posted Image

Apparently 24 million viewers have doing something else Wednesdays at 9:00.

Fox. "American Idol" competition brings in the viewers like NFL playoff games. The numbers depend on where things are in the season and what's on elsewhere. But unlike NFL playoff games, there's also the slow, long decline of any show that begins in a given year. Here's three years of "AI" 2 hour premiers:

1/12/2010 11.8/29 - 29.80 million
1/19/2011 9.7/25 - 26.06 million
1/18/2012 7.2/18 - 21.61 million

ABC's shows did ok despite the "AI" premier. "Modern Family" at 9:00 in particular seemed to pick up 4 million viewers that were not there for "Suburgatory" at 8:30.

CBS let the first hour go with a rerun of "NCIS." They won't be bringing "Survivor" back until February 15. The Winter return of "Criminal Minds" had it's regular audience while the evolving "CSI" gained from having more folks watching live TV.

NBC in the first hour either took a hit from "AI". Or "Whitney" and "Chelsea" can't hold an audience. Or maybe it's just NBC. "Harry's Law" is slowly dying like most shows moved to Friday. Oh wait, this isn't Friday, it's just NBC.

Which brings us to the big hit taken by "SVU" just as romance blossoms for Detective Olivia Benson which doesn't bode well for Harry Connick, Jr. in what one reviewer called "one of the best episodes of SVU this season."

The CW live viewers do overlap some with "AI". But maybe the network has stumbled onto something. If you add the ratings from Tuesday's premier of "Remodeled" to Wednesday's rerun of the episode, you get a demo rating of 0.6 with 1.32 million. Or you have the same mindless viewers watching both nights.

Edited by phrelin, 19 January 2012 - 01:13 PM.

A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup

#30 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 13,665 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 01:33 PM

Here's the third Thursday of Winter:

Posted Image

Fox. Ouch! Here's a four year history of "American Idol" premier week night 2:
  • 1/14/2009 11.8/29 - 29.85 million
  • 1/13/2010 10.1/27 - 26.40 million
  • 1/20/2011 7.8/21 - 22.90 million
  • 1/19/2012 5.6/15 - 17.74 million
Last year "Bones" in the second hour pulled 3.5/9 - 10.55 million. Ouch again with "The Finder" pulling 2.2/5 - 6.78 million.

Some thoughts.

"AI" is getting "long of tooth" particularly the "let's all make fun of the worst tryouts" episodes. And its viewers really don't offer a lead in to another show - they just disappear.

In fact, there were 43.91 million viewers in the 8:30 half hour, 19.26 million of which were "AI" viewers. In the 9:30 half hour, there were 35.30 million viewers, 6.09 million of which were "The Finder" viewers. So 8.61 million viewers disappeared. Fox lost 13.17 million.

"The Finder" was up from its premier, though "Bones" ratings last year were 3.6/10 - 10.95 million.

CBS. The first hour comedy lineup held up, even though the second episode of "¡ROB!" did not do nearly as well as the first episode. We'll see how it does in future weeks.

"Person of Interest" scored its highest demo rating. "The Mentalist" did well.

ABC's lineup didn't have a good night.

NBC. What can one say? "The Firm" demo rating is in The CW range making the prime time Leno show on 1/15/2010 look really good with its 1.4/4 - 4.41 million. I keep looking for those screaming affiliate managers and TV critics who made headlines back then.

What's even more fascinating is that last night "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" pulled a 2.7/7 demo (CBS's "Late Show with David Letterman" got 3.0/8).

The CW. :shrug:

My AV Setup

#31 OFFLINE   mreposter

mreposter

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:33 PM

HOLY COW - NBC Comes In 8th!

The latest NBC series to take over ER‘s Thursday 10 PM slot, new legal drama The Firm, drew a puny 0.9/2 in the key adults 18-49 demographic, ranking eighth is the hour behind the Big 3 broadcast networks as well as four basic cable networks including slot leader MTV with its juggernaut Jersey Shore.

from Deadline Hollywood
.......... There are none so blind as those who can not see it in HD.
.......... Directv customer since January 2000.

#32 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 13,665 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 01:20 AM

The latest NBC series to take over ER‘s Thursday 10 PM slot, new legal drama The Firm, drew a puny 0.9/2 in the key adults 18-49 demographic, ranking eighth is the hour behind the Big 3 broadcast networks as well as four basic cable networks including slot leader MTV with its juggernaut Jersey Shore.

from Deadline Hollywood

Good for Nellie Andreeva of Deadline Hollywood. It's time someone actually in the business starts pointing out the emperor has no clothes.

The death bell for viable broadcast network television has been tolling since the labor strife of 2007-08. The ratings she lists in the story really aren't that unusual these days.

As I keep saying in discussions here, the rules of the TV game set up in 1958 make no sense. In the mid-1960's "Bonanza" episodes had 35 million viewers. Typical viewership in the 1970's for the three broadcast networks in prime time was 55-60 million. We're subsidizing a system that can no longer work IMHO.

My AV Setup

#33 OFFLINE   klang

klang

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNear Houston, TX

Posted 21 January 2012 - 08:44 AM

With Jersey Shore the winner of that hour is the problem really the broadcasters or our fellow citizens?

#34 OFFLINE   makaiguy

makaiguy

Icon

• DBSTalk Club
  • 675 posts
  • LocationAiken, SC

Posted 21 January 2012 - 09:08 AM

from Deadline Hollywood

I'm actually enjoying this one, although I didn't expect to. That probably means it's doomed. I do find the flash-forward / flash-back stuff to be a bit irritating, but it looks like their two time streams MAY be coming closer together. I got so irritated with the same approach on Damages that I gave up on it halfway into the second season.
DirecTV customer since 1997
HR24-500, HR22-100
I don't do buddy/friends lists, don't ask.

#35 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 13,665 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 01:24 PM

Here's the third Friday of Winter:

Posted Image

CBS is running reruns on Friday until February Sweeps which inadvertently is quite kind to ABC's new shows and to the last three episodes of "Chuck" on NBC. But CBS still had the most total viewers in each of the three hours

ABC premiered a new season of "Shark Tank" at 8:00 and "What Would You Do? at 9:00 to mediocre ratings, particularly considering CBS is running reruns.

Fox. Well, "Fringe" gained a few over-50 live viewers.

NBC. Sadly that is a 2011-12 season high for "Chuck" and if NBC can't find a better place for "Grimm", they're NBC. I personally think they should have moved "Grimm" to Monday at 10:00, premiered "Smash" on Thursday at 10:00, "The Firm" to Sunday at 10:00 following "Harry's Law" and "The Apprentice" at 7:00 Sunday as a throw-away. And fortunately for me, my income doesn't depend of my scheduling for NBC.:grin:

The CW continued their ill-fated scheduling pattern of repeating episodes to try and find a new viewer for a show. The big question for "Remodeled" is did the show actually score a 0.9 demo with three 0.3's or did the same mindless viewers watch the show over and over and over.

My AV Setup

#36 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,620 posts
  • LocationColbert, WA

Posted 21 January 2012 - 02:48 PM

It really is too bad how badly Friday night shows are doing. I actually have a lot of shows on Friday to record: Nikita, Fringe, Chuck and all three CBS shows.

I don't understand the lack of viewers for Chuck and Fringe - I really like both of them!! But, with that said, my husband has bailed on Fringe.

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#37 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

DaBears

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,980 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 04:03 AM

It really is too bad how badly Friday night shows are doing. I actually have a lot of shows on Friday to record: Nikita, Fringe, Chuck and all three CBS shows.

I don't understand the lack of viewers for Chuck and Fringe - I really like both of them!! But, with that said, my husband has bailed on Fringe.

I bailed on Fringe in season 2.

I loved Chuck but this season it just seems like they're grasping for a long term solution that isn't there. It's sad because I like the characters but the story this season has been horrid.

I have enjoyed Grimm for the most part though.

#38 OFFLINE   renbutler

renbutler

Godfather

• Registered
  • 560 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 08:51 AM

We still watch Fringe religiously, although it has strayed from some of the charm of the earlier seasons. I really hope they wrap it up before it's canceled.

Grimm is excellent. I am picky about which shows I start watching, and this one barely made the cut. I'm glad I started watching.

#39 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 13,665 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 03:08 PM

Here's the third Sunday of Winter for what it's worth:

Posted Image

Fox carried the NFC Giants at 49ers playoff game followed by American Idol which started essentially at 11:00 Eastern/8:00 Pacific. This pretty much screws up the ratings for the night.

ABC. "Once Upon a Time" did remarkably well considering that in half the country ABC's lineup was opposite the playoff game and on the Pacific Coast even at 8:00 was opposite "American Idol" after the game. The rest of the lineup did a little worse than usual.

CBS. The ratings for "Undercover Boss" took a hit. But the rest of the lineup were reruns.

NBC at 8:00 ran a rerun of "Dateline" against the playoff game which made sense. Then, for whatever reason, decided to burn off the last two episodes of "Prime Suspect" in the last two hours.

My AV Setup

#40 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 13,665 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:45 AM

Here's the fourth Monday of Winter:

Posted Image

CBS ran reruns leaving 3+ million viewers with time on their hands.

ABC. "The Bachelor" was a curiosity for a million or so normally CBS viewers though many did something else by the second hour. "Castle" picked up less than half million and had its lowest demo for the Winter.

Fox opened the night with a new episode of "House" back in its traditional time slot at 8:00 for the first time in the 2011-12. It got a serious boost in the demo, more like old times, but we won't know how much of that is because of CBS reruns until February 6. "Alcatraz" actually dropped slightly in the demo from "House" and even more over the second hour of its premier last week.

NBC. "Who's Still Standing" picked up some viewers over its previous two outings. I guess the fear factor at the Florida Republican Debate wasn't as much fun as "The Fear Factor" but a bit more interesting than the regular "Rock Center with Brian Williams."

The CW's shows were preempted in Chicago for a Bull's game, so they may be a little off, but not by much as they were consistent with the late fall.

One final comment. Compared to the four weeks prior to the Holiday Doldrums, apparently 8 to 9 million total viewers have found something else to do other than to watch TV Live+same day. That includes about 2 million in the demo. The broadcast networks appear to have a problem.

My AV Setup

#41 OFFLINE   Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 513 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:39 PM

One final comment. Compared to the four weeks prior to the Holiday Doldrums, apparently 8 to 9 million total viewers have found something else to do other than to watch TV Live+same day. That includes about 2 million in the demo. The broadcast networks appear to have a problem.

Actually, you mean, I assume, something else other then watch broadcast network TV. They could be watching cable channels. On the other hand, like me, they just might be reading books and playing with their Christmas gifts (high tech toys for the childlike adult:)).
Luke

Sagaciously eschew obfuscating sesquipedalianisms.

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.--from Joan of Arcadia

#42 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 13,665 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:55 AM

Sorry, I didn't respond sooner, but the cable ratings for Friday were slow coming and it's part of the answer.

I'm not sure whether NBC and Fox just don't get it or what. I guess as far as broadcast television goes, it's still 1958.

Friday at 9:00 on the cable channel Discovery "Gold Rush" pulled a 1.9 demo - 4.81 million. That was a higher demo than any broadcast show. It's likely to continue to get those ratings as the Discovery Channel will run the season, from episode 1 through however many there will be, always on Friday at 9:00, week after week. It will not be preempted by anything to make a quick extra buck or by someone trying to be clever as a programmer. If you like the show, you know you'll be able to watch it. Try doing that with "Fringe."

And as far as I'm concerned, scheduling sports and specials is going to be the straw that kills broadcast television. Having 50 million sports fans watch one night is the quick buck. The bread-and-butter of TV is loyal live+same day viewers who expect some semblance of loyalty back in the form of consistency.

Actually, you mean, I assume, something else other then watch broadcast network TV. They could be watching cable channels. On the other hand, like me, they just might be reading books and playing with their Christmas gifts (high tech toys for the childlike adult:)).

They are watching cable channels, and they are on the internet, and a lot of them are working during prime time hours in retail, restaurants, etc., trying to make enough money to pay "the cable bill."

Cable channels repeat their original programming throughout the week and at different times, so if you're a live+same day viewer who can't afford a DVR you can keep up with episodes. Take "Gold Rush" for instance. Did you have to work an extra shift at the restaurant Friday? No problem because the folks at Discovery will take care of you at the same level they expect you to provide service at the restaurant:

Posted Image

My AV Setup

#43 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 13,665 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:20 PM

Here's the fourth Tuesday of Winter, for what it's worth:

Posted Image

The rerun of "American Idol" on Fox did pretty well. Not much to talk about since the State of the Union and reruns was all there was to watch on the major broadcast networks.

My AV Setup

#44 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 13,665 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:30 PM

Here's the fourth Wednesday of Winter:

Posted Image

Fox. Here's a four year history of "American Idol" second week:

1/21/2009 9.7/24 - 25.43 million
1/13/2010 9.8/27 - 26.73 million
1/20/2011 7.6/21 - 22.27 million
1/19/2012 6.4/18 - 19.51 million

The sneak preview of "Touch" did ok, but the show won't begin regular airings until Monday March 19. This seems like a long lead time.

CBS shows "Criminal Minds" and "CSI" did well. The "CSI" episode was the last episode for Marg Helgenberger and attracted a season high.

ABC probably wisely ran reruns last night.

NBC. Had NBC been wise, they would have given "The Leno Show" all three hours.

I don't know what they are going to do with their "Whitney" and "Chelsea" lineup. They announced the order for a full season of "Whitney" on October 4 after a few short weeks following "The Office" on Thursday when it was pulling high demos. On December 1 it had dropped to a 1.9/5 demo making that order seem downright idiotic. Last night it pulled 1.4/4 beaten by a rerun of "The Middle".

The CW. :shrug:

My AV Setup

#45 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 13,665 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:16 PM

Here's the fourth Wednesday Thursday of Winter:

Posted Image

ABC ran reruns of their lineup so many of their regular viewers were missing.

CBS. In the first half hour, "Big Bang Theory" outperformed "American Idol" which had a half hour rating of 4.8/14 - 15.46 million. "¡ROB!" didn't hold the viewers but has credible ratings.

In the remaining two hours, CBS ran reruns. In comparison, at 9:00 "Person of Interest" saw 4 million viewers disappear but 5.5 million viewers of ABC's "Grey's Anatomy" disappeared.

Fox is seeing a drop in "American Idol" viewers. "The Finder" picked up a few viewers since ABC and CBS ran reruns and NBC didn't run "The Office."

NBC. Had NBC been wise, they would have given "The Leno Show" all three hours. Oh, I'm repeating myself....

It's actually stunning that when both ABC and CBS ran reruns at 10:00, about 7.4 million viewers disappeared and "The Firm" didn't benefit.

The CW ran the movie "The Covenant". :shrug:

Edited by phrelin, 28 January 2012 - 12:17 AM.

My AV Setup

#46 OFFLINE   sean10780

sean10780

Godfather

• Registered
  • 400 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:26 PM

Here's the fourth Wednesday of Winter:

Posted Image

ABC ran reruns of their lineup so many of their regular viewers were missing.

CBS. In the first half hour, "Big Bang Theory" outperformed "American Idol" which had a half hour rating of 4.8/14 - 15.46 million. "¡ROB!" didn't hold the viewers but has credible ratings.

In the remaining two hours, CBS ran reruns. In comparison, at 9:00 "Person of Interest" saw 4 million viewers disappear but 5.5 million viewers of ABC's "Grey's Anatomy" disappeared.

Fox is seeing a drop in "American Idol" viewers. "The Finder" picked up a few viewers since ABC and CBS ran reruns and NBC didn't run "The Office."

NBC. Had NBC been wise, they would have given "The Leno Show" all three hours. Oh, I'm repeating myself....

It's actually stunning that when both ABC and CBS ran reruns at 10:00, about 7.4 million viewers disappeared and "The Firm" didn't benefit.

The CW ran the movie "The Covenant". :shrug:

Don't you mean Thursday? :D

#47 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 13,665 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:19 AM

Don't you mean Thursday? :D

Yeah, I don't know what day it is. One of the hazards of being old and retired. :D

My AV Setup

#48 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 13,665 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 11:54 AM

Here's the fourth Friday of Winter:

Posted Image

Once in a while we need to note the truth about Friday. In total at 8:00 and 9:00 the broadcast networks can deliver about 50%-60% of the Mon-Fri audience for regular programming. At 10:00 that number tends to be 85±%.

CBS. When CBS runs reruns, the audience numbers drop like rocks.

ABC "enjoyed" slightly higher demo ratings and significantly lower total viewer ratings for its "Shark Tank" and "What Would You Do?" at 8:00 and 9:00 against reruns on CBS than they did for "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" against new episodes on CBS. I wonder how the Disney programming decision to dump a show that contributes positively to society will compare to feeding totally frivolous shows "Shark Tank" and "What Would You Do?" during February Sweeps....

Fox. "Kitchen Nightmares" is a low budget show, so its ratings are probably ok. "Fringe" on the other hand....

NBC aired the final two hours of "Chuck" to a sad 4.2 million viewers, hopefully all eating Subway sandwiches while watching.

The CW ran reruns.

My AV Setup

#49 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 13,665 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:54 AM

Here's the fourth Sunday of Winter:

Posted Image

NBC had the NFL Pro Bowl last night which ran in prime time in the East, but basically left 8:00 - 11:00 in the West to the other networks. The ratings for the game are preliminary and will be adjusted by tomorrow.

ABC's "Once Upon a Time" was strong. Fortunately for CBS, ABC now carries the "Hallmark Hall of Fame" movie series which attracts weak a weak demo and total.

Fox's animation night did about average for nights without an NFL lead in and NFL competition on NBC.

CBS. Though I don't show it here, it is important to know that "60 Minutes" had a season low while the NFL Pro Bowl was on across the country. But "Undercover Boss" at 8:00 did better than its Winter premier. "The Good Wife" did very well at 9:00 as did "CSI: Miami" at 10:00.

My AV Setup

#50 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 13,665 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:34 PM

Here's the fifth Monday of Winter:

Posted Image

CBS ran reruns of its lineup for the third week of the five Mondays leaving about 3± million viewers (1.5± demo) for the other networks.

ABC's "The Bachelor" seems to run well against the rerun ratings for the CBS comedies except at 9:00.

Fox's "House" looks like returning to 8:00 might help a bit, but basically Fox has done such a good job of helping it lose its audience that it has half of the 4.8/13 - 13.35 million it pulled two years ago.

The "House" 8:30 ratings were 2.9/7 - 8.78 million. The "Alcatraz" 9:30 ratings were 2.7/6 - 8.20 million. CBS was running reruns so I'll be waiting to see next week what's going to happen to "Alcatraz" assuming there will be no live viewer carryover from "House." You see "2 Broke Girls" and "2½ Men" seem to destroy any chance Fox has for live viewers.

NBC. Let me quote from TVbytheNumbers: "For what is probably the last Monday this season (at least NBC hopes), Univision topped NBC among adults 18-49 on yet another in season Monday."

Against reruns on the two other networks, "Brian Williams" makes the prime time "Leno" show look like programming genius. Last week the reality show "Pawn Stars" on the History Channel at 10:00 pulled a 2.5 demo and 6.73 million.

In two weeks the current geniuses at NBC are moving it to 9:00 on Wednesday against "Criminal Minds" and "Modern Family". I'm not sure it will be able to beat "Remodeled" on The CW.

The CW seems to have found its ratings level - lower than a typical prime time cable channel show. There were, of course, cable channel shows that did better last night.

Comparing apples-to-apples, last Monday ABC Family's series "Pretty Little Liars" pulled a 1.4 in the demo and 3.17 million. Even Syfy's airing of the syndicated Canadian series "Lost Girl" pulled 0.4 in the demo and 1.11 million. I keep wondering how The CW can make it splitting revenues with broadcast stations.

My AV Setup

Protected By... spam firewall...And...