Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2011-12 Season Ratings - Winter

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#141 OFFLINE   TBoneit

TBoneit

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:55 PM

NBC really can't catch a break!

Nielsen Overnights (18-49)
NBC's 'Bent' bombs in Wednesday night bow
New sitcom averages a 1.0 in 18-49s in its first episode
By Toni Fitzgerald, Media Life Magazine - Mar. 22, 2012

NBC's new comedy "Bent" had a rough first night.

The show bowed to disastrously low ratings, becoming the lowest-rated new scripted series this season.

"Bent" averaged a 1.0 in adults 18-49 in its first episode at 9 p.m., according to Nielsen overnights, and a 0.9 for the second episode, which aired at 9:30.
http://www.medialife...y-night-bow.asp

I figured it was doomed when I saw they were doing two 1/2 hour episodes one after the other. next week too. I presume from that they don't expect it to succeed and just want to get the use of the episodes they paid for.

I watched it and I will watch it until it is no more. I also enjoyed Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip.

I'll most likely watch the spin off from the Closer too.
Remember when your kids were the TV set's remote control?

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#142 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 13,554 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:21 AM

Here's (you may need to use the link to see a full size version of the chart) the fourth Friday of March Doldrums with the 50+ demo broken out along with the February Sweeps averages:

Posted Image

And here's (you may need to use the link to see a full size version of the chart) the 8:00 to 10:00 competition averages:

Posted Image

Fox's scheduling habits were successful in completely killing "Fringe" which last night was returned to lower ratings than The CW's "Vampire Diaries" on Thursday. Of course the lead-in "Kitchen Nightmares" returned to lower ratings than last week's repeat.

CBS continued its run of the NCAA Basketball Tournament which seems to have been a winner last night.

ABC's lineup ran #2 for the night.

NBC's lineup didn't do very well.

The CW. :shrug:

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#143 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 13,554 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:45 AM

Here's (you may need to use the link to see a full size version of the chart) the fourth Sunday of March Doldrums with the 50+ demo broken out:

Posted Image

And here's (you may need to use the link to see a full size version of the chart) the 8:00 to 10:00 competition averages:

Posted Image

Most ratings pretty much stayed the course with just minor changes from week-to-week. Fox ran some reruns which dropped their numbers while CBS had an NCAA Basketball Tournament overrun which distorts their numbers slightly and persuades a few "CSI:Miami" viewers to go to bed rather than stay up later than usual.

A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup

#144 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 13,554 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:23 PM

Here's (you may need to use the link to see a full size version of the chart) the fourth Monday of March Doldrums with the 50+ demo broken out along with the February Sweeps averages:

Posted Image

Posted Image

CBS ran reruns of its Monday lineup.

Fox's "Alcatraz" two-hour finale ran 4th behind the CBS reruns.

ABC's "Dancing with the Stars" ran second in the 18-49 demo (30% fewer) behind NBC's "The Voice" while "DWTS" ran first in the 50+ group (49% more). There's a significant generational split here.

"Castle" was first in the 10:00 competition, but "Hawaii Five-0" was a rerun.

NBC's "The Voice" gets very strong ratings in the demo. The big question is whether as a lead in it's propping up "Smash."

The CW ran a 2009 movie "Confessions of a Shopaholic" last night. :shrug:

My AV Setup

#145 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 13,554 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:54 PM

Here's (you may need to use the link to see a full size version of the chart) the fourth Tuesday of March Doldrums with the 50+ demo broken out along with the February Sweeps averages:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Compared to last year, in the 8:00 to 10:00 competition viewership was down about 10% across all demos. And yet, at 10:00 the demo was 24% higher than last year and 29% higher in the 50+ group.

ABC's two "DWTS" shows, the recap and the results, over the two hours compared to last year were down about 28% in both the demo and the 50+ crowd. "Body of Proof" was also down that much, but did win the demo last night.

CBS. Compared to last year "NCIS" saw a 9% drop in the demo and a 21% drop in the 50+ group. "NCIS:LA" saw a 16% drop in the demo and no drop in the 50+ group. At 10:00 "Unforgettable" was up 5% in the demo and 4% in the 50+ group over "The Good Wife" last year.

Fox's comedy lineup with a rerun of "Raising Hope" at 8:30 didn't do too well last night, including "New Girl" which during Sweeps won the demo in its time period but placed #3 last night. (Last year Fox ran reruns.)

NBC's cheap reality lineup gave them #3 in the two hour competition and in the 10:00 competition.

My AV Setup

#146 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 13,554 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:46 PM

Here's (you may need to use the link to see a full size version of the chart) the fourth Wednesday - and last night - of March Doldrums with the 50+ demo broken out along with the February Sweeps averages:

Posted Image

Posted Image

ABC ran reruns except for "Happy Endings" at 9:30 which IMHO looks like it's headed for an unhappy ending.

CBS ran reruns except for "Survivor: One World" at 8:00 which seems to be holding its own at #2 considering how long the show has been on - first episode May 31, 2000, last night was season 24, episode 7.

Fox. "American Idol" did not see a ratings drop week-over-week. Year-over-year, however, saw a 33% drop in the 18-49 demo and a 9% drop in the 50+ crowd.

NBC The last episodes of "Whitney" and "Are you There Chelsea" (I'm assuming even though we love "Whitney") didn't do as badly as a typical show on The CW. That's the best I could come up with.

"Bent" and "Brian Williams" on the other hand are getting the same ratings as a typical The CW show.

Tonight begins the four week Spring runup to the April 26 - May 23, 2012 Nielsen May Sweeps. Any shows that haven't yet been picked up or dropped will see their fates determined prior to the big "June Upfront" presentation to advertisers as its called.

My AV Setup

Protected By... spam firewall...And...