Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR34 "EXIT" during recording behavior

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Herdfan

Herdfan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,023 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:58 PM

I don't know if has been mentioned before, but I noticed last night while watching a recording that pressing the EXIT button returns me to the playlist screen with Live TV in the corner box.

On my other HR's, pressing EXIT during a recording exited me out to full screen Live TV.

Has anyone else noticed this? Has it been mentioned before and I missed it?

PREV works as normal.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,627 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:10 PM

I don't know if has been mentioned before, but I noticed last night while watching a recording that pressing the EXIT button returns me to the playlist screen with Live TV in the corner box.

Which version s/w are you on? IIRC, with 4C8, pressing EXIT while watching a recording took me to the recording's INFO screen, with RESUME highlighted and LIVE TV playing in the PIP.

I actually prefer that to the HR2x way of dropping right into LIVE, because your finger's already there, so you can just hit EXIT again for full-screen LIVE, or SELECT to resume, if you hit EXIT by accident.
/steve

#3 OFFLINE   Herdfan

Herdfan

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 6,023 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 07:53 PM

Steve,

You are correct. I was posting from memory. :blush:

I don't really care, just think it needs to be the same among all DVR's.

My Setup

Why can I get to the "Adult's Only" area faster than I can get to the "ToDo" List?  DirecTV, that is messed up!!!

#4 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,627 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 07:25 AM

I don't really care, just think it needs to be the same among all DVR's.

Agree! I can't imagine they won't be the same, once they port the new GUI over to the HR34.

Given an HR2x with the new GUI doesn't EXIT to the INFO screen, my guess is the HR34 won't either, which will be disappointing to me, because I liked it. :P
/steve

#5 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 06 January 2012 - 07:44 AM

It will be, they need a little time to get the HR34 in sync with the other models that have matured software-wise.

#6 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,878 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 10:14 AM

Absolutely right. Just be patient for a little longer. Remember, the HR34 still isn't even released nationally yet.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...