Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR23-700 - Can't turn off the blue LED circle once upgraded to 0x57b (HG GUI)

blue led circle

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   MarkEHansen

MarkEHansen

AllStar

• Registered
  • 97 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:23 PM

Since I've had my HR23-700, I've been able to turn off the blue LED circle on the front panel by pressing both the left and right buttons to dim it until it was off. This was a handy way to instantly tell when the machine had rebooted.

However, since my machine has upgraded to 0x57b (the HD GUI release), this no longer works. I can click both left and right to dim the circle, but it only dims a little (not much) and it won't go all the way off.

Is there still a way to turn this LED off?

Thanks,

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   webby_s

webby_s

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:32 PM

Make sure you are not on an active channel (red button to see scores or weather) and don't use the right arrow to start the turn off, right arrow loads the apps.
SlimLine 5LNB SWM 16
HR34-700 -->52" Sharp Aquos LED
H25-100 -->32" Philips Master BD
HR21-100 -->19" Vizio LED Kitchen,
HR24-500 --> 50" Panasonic DLP
Hockey is not a sport in Minnesota, it is life.

#3 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,916 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 05 January 2012 - 07:19 PM

Since I've had my HR23-700, I've been able to turn off the blue LED circle on the front panel by pressing both the left and right buttons to dim it until it was off. This was a handy way to instantly tell when the machine had rebooted.

However, since my machine has upgraded to 0x57b (the HD GUI release), this no longer works. I can click both left and right to dim the circle, but it only dims a little (not much) and it won't go all the way off.

Is there still a way to turn this LED off?

Thanks,

It's working fine for HR22; did you try RBR ?

#4 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,647 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:10 PM

It still works. Just be sure you're on a regular channel, not a sports channel with 'active content'.
HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#5 OFFLINE   MarkEHansen

MarkEHansen

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 97 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:00 PM

Okay, thanks. I was able to get it to work. Funny, but every time I've done it before, I just pressed the two buttons and it dimmed all the way to off.

I placed it on one of the local network channels and started with the left button and it worked fine.

#6 ONLINE   armophob

armophob

Difficulty Concen........

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,984 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:03 PM

Okay, thanks. I was able to get it to work. Funny, but every time I've done it before, I just pressed the two buttons and it dimmed all the way to off.

I placed it on one of the local network channels and started with the left button and it worked fine.

some times by hitting the left one first, you initiate a back action to the last thing you were doing. Then you are waiting for it to pop up before it responds to anything else. If you start with the right one, you may have better luck.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...