Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Moble Dish Network

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   grubin

grubin

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:17 PM

I wish to mount a dish on my motor home and travel from Colorado to the east coast, Florida area. Currently I connect to 110 and 119. Will my 625 still work if I can find those satellites? Is there any connection problem I should anticipate?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   filefly

filefly

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:26 PM

You can certainly use it -- but there are a couple caveats. With mobile dishes (ones used for RVs) many times they only support one tuner. If you're using a regular residential dish and pointing it yourself, this won't be a problem. Also, it's not recommended to use a DVR in a motor home since the constant movement and vibration can cause hard drive issues. If you understand these things, you shouldn't have any trouble.
All postings I make on this site are my own, and do not represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of my employer, Dish Network.

#3 OFFLINE   grubin

grubin

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 04:39 PM

Thanks for the information. I've read that it's sometimes hard to find 119 at the 91 degree longitudes. Do I have the option to use the newer east coast satillites or do I stay with my 110 and 119?

#4 OFFLINE   BobaBird

BobaBird

EKB Editor

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 05:29 PM

No. The 625 is an MPEG-2 receiver and nearly all programming on the Eastern Arc satellites is in MPEG-4.
Charles @dishuser - a dynamic employee of Massive Veridian
Visit the EchoStar Knowledge Base
"The other guys charge $9.95/month to use tapeless record" - Dish Network Tech Forum, 8-6-01
"dual" is NOT the same as "Twin" - here's why

#5 OFFLINE   HobbyTalk

HobbyTalk

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 10:56 PM

I am currently in SW FL and use 110, 119, 129 for service. While lower in the sky I have no problems using all 3 sats from a number of locations in the state. Of course it depends on any trees that may be in your location.
DirecTV HR34 - 3 HR25's
Panny 42PX77U - Slingbox Pro
tgif: let's RV

#6 OFFLINE   scooper

scooper

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,715 posts
  • LocationYoungsville NC

Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:19 AM

I see Dishes pointing to 119 and 110 clear out on the NC coast (72 degrees west) with no issues. Florida shouldn't present any major challenges.

You might start running into some problems up towards Maine and the like, (129 is not usuable).
You CAN put antennas on your owned and/or controlled property...

http://www.fcc.gov/mb/facts/otard.html

spam firewall