Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

2012 Dish HD

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
115 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   jeffdb27

jeffdb27

AllStar

• Registered
  • 99 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:11 PM

How long, once a local channel is uplinked "for testing", does it usually take for the channel to become available to subscribers? I see that KSCW (CW) in Wichita, KS was uplinked on February 22nd, 2012.

Back on February 3, 2012, I emailed the station and asked why they weren't on DISH in HD and was told they they had talked to DISH "last week" and were told "soon". Of course no date was given.

Thanks.

Hopper (owned) + EHD + Sling Adapter + OTA Adapter
AT200 + BB@Home + RSNs + Locals
SATS: 110/119/129
Dish Network Customer since
October 1996

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#62 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators
  • 19,420 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:19 PM

There really is no usual... I believe there have been channels uplinked for testing that stayed there for a year and never became live to customers.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#63 OFFLINE   jeffdb27

jeffdb27

AllStar

• Registered
  • 99 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:23 AM

Well, in this case, it turns out to be a little over a month. I was surprised to see on the uplink report for March 28th that KSCW was available to customers. Yesterday I confirmed that that channel was in fact available in HD on my 722k. :)

Hopper (owned) + EHD + Sling Adapter + OTA Adapter
AT200 + BB@Home + RSNs + Locals
SATS: 110/119/129
Dish Network Customer since
October 1996

#64 OFFLINE   domingos35

domingos35

Icon

• Registered
  • 536 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:45 AM

any new HD channels coming?
i want FSC+ HD

#65 OFFLINE   rtd2

rtd2

Legend

• Registered
  • 160 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:28 AM

I guess I'm in the 2013 time frame for dish upgrading our locals to HD. Also Our Market has been a short market(only ABC/FOX) its entire existance but last week our local ABC- WLOX went live with our areas first CBS on one of its subchannels and its no where in site on Dish. according to Wlox's site here is the latest info. from dish ,

"DirecTV is airing a CBS feed in HD on channel 390 temporarily, but will air WLOX CBS by April 25. When we learn what channel number they are giving it and when it is available, we will let you know. We have yet to hear from DirecTV, Dish Network about placement for WLOX-CBS on their channel lineups, but we are optimistic that WLOX- CBS will soon be available on their services. WLOX- ABC is unchanged by this addition"

Also Learned our Local Fox -WXXV will be adding NBC in July! thus giving us all 4 networks local

#66 OFFLINE   PBowie

PBowie

Legend

• Registered
  • 121 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:45 PM

Agreed - FSC+ in HD is a must for me-Im paying 15 bucks a month extra for a SD channel :(

#67 OFFLINE   MarkoC

MarkoC

AllStar/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:27 PM

Agreed - FSC+ in HD is a must for me-Im paying 15 bucks a month extra for a SD channel :(

I was a FSC+ subscriber as well until I dropped it and signed up for foxsoccer2go.com. It is available for 19.99 a month or 169.99 a year and you have access to a lot more games, both live and on demand. I have a Mac Mini hooked up to my TV and the picture quality is much better than the SD version of FSC+. Additionally, they have an iPhone and iPad app. No brainer for me.
"I believe there is something out there watching us. Unfortunately, it's the government." -- Woody Allen

#68 OFFLINE   bonipie

bonipie

Mentor

• Registered
  • 44 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:01 AM

Hi,
We are avid motocross fans. For several years, Directv fans have had HD broadcast on Fuel. If we go to a bar at 9am that will let us tune to motocross on Fuel, we can see it in HD-sad. This is not minor. The SD is so bad-the riders have 12" high numbers on their back and you can't read the 12" high numbers. Is that bad, or what?

I hope they don't say that "enough people don't watch Fuel TV to justify it" because you do not watch Fuel unless you really want to see something specific-It is bad in SD! If it was in HD, we would watch a lot of the programming in HD.

I think, for the price we are paying for programming, we deserve to see the available Fuel HD programming in HD, like Directv has. When is this going to happen?

Boni
:D Boni

VIP722
Dish 1000

#69 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 905 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:07 AM

I will submit a programming request form to our programming department. Thanks.

Hi,
We are avid motocross fans. For several years, Directv fans have had HD broadcast on Fuel. If we go to a bar at 9am that will let us tune to motocross on Fuel, we can see it in HD-sad. This is not minor. The SD is so bad-the riders have 12" high numbers on their back and you can't read the 12" high numbers. Is that bad, or what?

I hope they don't say that "enough people don't watch Fuel TV to justify it" because you do not watch Fuel unless you really want to see something specific-It is bad in SD! If it was in HD, we would watch a lot of the programming in HD.

I think, for the price we are paying for programming, we deserve to see the available Fuel HD programming in HD, like Directv has. When is this going to happen?

Boni

#70 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,070 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:50 AM

Hi,

Boni

I've never heard Fuel TV.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#71 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 905 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:48 PM

It's channel 398 in the AT 120 and above programming packages.

Here is a description of the channel:

FUEL TV delivers original and exclusive programs that speak to the core of the action sports lifestyle like no other network. FUEL TV reaches the youth demographics that is extremely loyal to their favorite brands and has a high consumption appetite for advanced video and data platforms.

Thanks.

I've never heard Fuel TV.

#72 OFFLINE   bonipie

bonipie

Mentor

• Registered
  • 44 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:30 PM

I will submit a programming request form to our programming department. Thanks.

Sorry to hear that. I believed (can't remember why) that Dish was already working on it.

But, thanks for your efforts.

Boni
:D Boni

VIP722
Dish 1000

#73 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,070 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:58 AM

Well Dish! is starting out 2012 in good form adding Epix3-382 in HD.

I can only hope that Epix Drive In-292 will go HD in the future?Soon?.;)

I thought I remembered I read somewhere that Encore was going to offer more of their channels in HD besides Encore E- 340?.Hope so.;)

I would like all of the ENCORE channels in HD PLEASE!!!

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#74 OFFLINE   Jhon69

Jhon69

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,637 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:46 AM

I would like all of the ENCORE channels in HD PLEASE!!!

Me too!!.:)

#75 OFFLINE   astrantz

astrantz

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:45 PM

I miss the Dish HD absolute package.
It was awesome

#76 OFFLINE   jilla

jilla

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:02 PM

I wish Willow TV is on HD. If you sign up for them in the internet it is in HD using my samsung TV Apps but with Dish it is not :mad:
Also I wish Some of the South Asian channells (SUN TV network) is relayed in HD in India. Dish is monopolizing them now & why not offer in HD?:D

#77 OFFLINE   domingos35

domingos35

Icon

• Registered
  • 536 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:24 PM

any new HD channels coming?

#78 OFFLINE   ggotch5445

ggotch5445

AllStar

• Registered
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:37 AM

I will add my vote to seeing Dish pick up the HD feed for NASA-TV.
Could the recent channel number move be the first step towards seeing this happen?
Thanks!

#79 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,204 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:53 AM

I will add my vote to seeing Dish pick up the HD feed for NASA-TV.
Could the recent channel number move be the first step towards seeing this happen?
Thanks!

HD can be on any channel number ... personally I feel the move is a step backwards for NASA, pushing the channel away from the news and weather channels (which are common go to channels) into a range of channels that is not so special.

#80 OFFLINE   Tiny

Tiny

Mentor

• Registered
  • 66 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:24 PM

Espn u in hd before college football season starts please dish network.

spam firewall