Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

tv2 remote control help?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Ivtec

Ivtec

AllStar

• Registered
  • 64 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 04:58 PM

Hi guys need some help.

I have a VIP222 receiver and i have tv1 remote control and tv2 came also with a UHF remote control,now i ordered a second TV2 remote control to control the tv in the laundry room, per instructions i did the system info on the receiver and record on the remote everything good it did tune in,now went to use the other remote control and it doesn't work then went and did the retune on the first remote now the other doesn't work.

My question how can i keep both tv2 remotes tuned in at same time,Thanks.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   MaryB@DishNetwork

MaryB@DishNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 360 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 11:19 PM

Hi guys need some help.

I have a VIP222 receiver and i have tv1 remote control and tv2 came also with a UHF remote control,now i ordered a second TV2 remote control to control the tv in the laundry room, per instructions i did the system info on the receiver and record on the remote everything good it did tune in,now went to use the other remote control and it doesn't work then went and did the retune on the first remote now the other doesn't work.

My question how can i keep both tv2 remotes tuned in at same time,Thanks.

Hi I would be happy to help. Yes, you can have both UHF remotes set to control the TV2. The trick to this is that you need set both remotes to the same remote address. It sounds like everything you readdress the remote you change the address from the previous remote.

Try this: The remote that is working will have the address listed on the System Info Screen (Menu-Menu), Secondary Remote Address. This is the number you will want to address the other TV2 remote too.

Remote:
1. Go to System Info screen.
2. Hold down the SAT button until all mode lights light up.
3. Enter a number between 1 and 15 using the numeric keypad on the remote.
4. Press the pound (#) button.
5. Once the SAT button blinks three times, press record.

Note: If successful, the number selected in step 3 will appear in the System Info screen under Secondary Remote Address.

Mary Catherine Brady
Team Lead- Dish Internet Response Team

Sunday-Wednesday 2:30pm-11:00pm, Thursday 1:30pm-10:00pm (MST)

#3 OFFLINE   Ivtec

Ivtec

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 64 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 02:23 PM

I had learned before i red your post and it's exactly what i did,thanks a bunch

Protected By... spam firewall...And...