Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Directv to Dish what Dish type

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Simonjester

Simonjester

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:36 PM

Ok Silly question, does any one know what type dish is installed for Colorado customers with HD? I'm moving from Directv to Dish with a older D* dish.

Thanks in advance...

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   MaryB@DishNetwork

MaryB@DishNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 361 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 10:53 PM

You will most likely get a 1000.2 dish and satellites 110,119, & 129 unless there is a line of sight issue and tech can only get Eastern Arc.

Mary Catherine Brady
Team Lead- Dish Internet Response Team

Sunday-Wednesday 2:30pm-11:00pm, Thursday 1:30pm-10:00pm (MST)

#3 OFFLINE   Kevin F

Kevin F

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 10:56 PM

Also depends on what satellite your locals are broadcast on. Most likely the Western Arc though.

Kevin
Kevin

Good TV (Cable). Better TV (Dish Network). DirecTV.

My Setup

#4 OFFLINE   MaryB@DishNetwork

MaryB@DishNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 361 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 11:07 PM

Yes, locals in Colorado are on the Western Arc.

Mary Catherine Brady
Team Lead- Dish Internet Response Team

Sunday-Wednesday 2:30pm-11:00pm, Thursday 1:30pm-10:00pm (MST)

#5 OFFLINE   Rtm

Rtm

Godfather

• Registered
  • 405 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:00 AM

Why the move to dish?

#6 OFFLINE   scorpion43

scorpion43

Duplicate User (Account Closed)

• Banned User
  • 120 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:15 AM

Why the move to dish?

because he wants to
:rolleyes:

#7 OFFLINE   Slamminc11

Slamminc11

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 07:00 AM

Why the move to dish?

because it's better than direct!

#8 OFFLINE   Simonjester

Simonjester

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:59 AM

Why the move to dish?

5 years in a row of price increases from D*, I just was unwilling to pay what they wanted to charge for SD cable TV. Been a D* customer for 14 years, sad how they will give great deals to "new" customers but really stick it to existing customers. I could have called them and tried to negotiate a lower price as I have done for the past several years, perhaps upgraded to HD, but it was just time to move on.

#9 OFFLINE   boba

boba

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:21 AM

5 years in a row of price increases from D*, I just was unwilling to pay what they wanted to charge for SD cable TV. Been a D* customer for 14 years, sad how they will give great deals to "new" customers but really stick it to existing customers. I could have called them and tried to negotiate a lower price as I have done for the past several years, perhaps upgraded to HD, but it was just time to move on.

Before you jump ship take a more in depth look at DISH costs. DISH also has had just about annual price increases usually in the Feb-March time frames. They have also adjusted the fees for additional receivers so each additional receiver can cost you from $7-17 per month depending on what it is. Those low monthly fees are 12 month promotional offerings with a 24 month commitment. I have had both services and DISH can be cheaper depending on choices you make, but then again D* can also be cheaper depending on your choices.:):):)

#10 OFFLINE   scorpion43

scorpion43

Duplicate User (Account Closed)

• Banned User
  • 120 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:55 AM

Before you jump ship take a more in depth look at DISH costs. DISH also has had just about annual price increases usually in the Feb-March time frames. They have also adjusted the fees for additional receivers so each additional receiver can cost you from $7-17 per month depending on what it is. Those low monthly fees are 12 month promotional offerings with a 24 month commitment. I have had both services and DISH can be cheaper depending on choices you make, but then again D* can also be cheaper depending on your choices.:):):)

and let me guess ,you now have directv :rolleyes:

#11 OFFLINE   boba

boba

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 02:04 PM

and let me guess ,you now have directv :rolleyes:

Wrong guess I have DISH with a VIP612.:):):)

#12 OFFLINE   Simonjester

Simonjester

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 02:37 PM

I understand both companies might / will do annual price increases however with the 12 month credit and free HD, E* just wins for now. For the past several years I had gotten D* to issue a monthly credit but it seems more and more difficult...

It does suck to go from no commitment to a 24m commitment but its only 2 years. Question at the end of the 24 m commitment can you just go month to month or do you have to renew for another 24m? Currently on the DHA-24 agreement...

The main reason for this post I'm trying to see what the OD of the E* mast would be. I think it will match my current D* mount, however I'm not sure if I will be able to reuse the current mount spot. I have my D* dish mounted on the side of my house pointed up right past my neighbors roofline. I think the E* birds are lower in the sky, so back to a roof mounted dish. Guess I will find out once the installer shows up...

#13 OFFLINE   churdie

churdie

Legend

• Registered
  • 108 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 02:42 PM

stay with directv just jumped back to directv from dish picture clear new guide is fast and gave me $200 to pay termination fee glad to be back

#14 OFFLINE   Slamminc11

Slamminc11

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 02:43 PM

...Question at the end of the 24 m commitment can you just go month to month or do you have to renew for another 24m? Currently on the DHA-24 agreement...

you go month to month unless you decide to upgrade then you would be back to a 24 month commitment...well as of today anyway

#15 OFFLINE   CeeWoo

CeeWoo

Godfather

• Registered
  • 348 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 03:02 PM

I know exactly what you mean! I was one of those 'early' adopters of little dishes, and went with direct when they were only sold (not rented/leased). Cost me $800 for a single room system. After a few years, they were basically giving away 2 receivers to new customers (w/DVR). I asked if there was anyway I could get a 2nd rec (w/DVR) and the reply was "sure, for only $800 we'll set you right up". So I dumped them and went to dish-that was many years and monthly payments ago

(oh, and then I sold my Direct system on Ebay and got a pretty good chunk of change for it)

Edited by CeeWoo, 08 January 2012 - 03:30 PM.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...