Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Whole home setup question DCCK

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   msiano

msiano

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 10:45 PM

I searched and can't find a solid answer here. I am in the process of installing the whole home system. I have an HR21 and an HR24. I installed the SWM and have that working as dual tuners on a single wire.

I installed a Wireless cinema connection kit (DCCK) on the hr21. The only way I could get it to work was to pass the signal through it and use the cat5 connection. Doing that I was able to connect both tuners to the internet.

I have not received my deca yet but sent an email to have the whole home turned on. When I got home it was activated, I checked and I can see both tuners and access the playlists.

Is this going to hurt anything until I get the deca? I will have it Tuesday. It seems like I read that the wireless DCCK was a deca but can't confirm that. I just don't want to hurt something while waiting on the deca.

Would it even work if there was not a deca on the hr21?

Thank for looking

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 10:51 PM

It will work until your DECA arrives. Its just that the ethernet port on the HR21 shares CPU cycles from the DVR, so may slow it down a bit if someone us watching a program on the HR24 from the HR21 while you are using the HR21.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#3 OFFLINE   msiano

msiano

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:34 PM

Thanks for the info!

spam firewall