when I change channels in the router, the clients have always adjusted to the change without needing to do anything.
25-30 dB difference should be enough I would think.
I reset my router using the reset button and then positioned it vertically to try to increase airflow. I also went in and moved the wifi setting off automatic and changed the channel to 2 while also setting for auto 20-40 MHz. This seemed to make the wifi computers browse a little quicker while also holding the internet connection better and resolving (at least for the moment) some video stuttering when running video through it with wifi MRV. InSSIDer showed me that where the router was originally with the channels on ch 6, there were about three other networks nearby that were using the same channels. Plus, my neighbor was using ch 8. So I set to ch 3 and will see how long it lasts.
ANd I found a firmware upgrade on the Cisco Linksys site which also may help things a bit...
Edited by gphvid, 01 April 2012 - 02:34 PM.