Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

RF Remote Malfunction?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   sheltrk

sheltrk

AllStar

• Registered
  • 55 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:33 AM

The "TV2" remote (RF mode) for our 722k seems to be malfunctioning. Mostly, it works fine, with one big exception: the "Select" button no longer works. When you press it, nothing happens. The "SAT" LED lights up when we press other buttons, but not when we press "Select". So I'm thinking that the "Select" button itself is broken on the remote.

We're relatively new to Dish. What's the normal procedure here? Do I call Dish? Or do I call our local installer to see about a replacement remote? Is this sort of thing covered in the Protection Plan?

Thanks!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   dmspen

dmspen

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:12 AM

It is covered in the Protection Plan but will cost you $14.99 to replace. Still pretty cheap all things considered. If you don't have the Protection Plan, look around at Ebay and such. You can find all kinds of remotes at these sites.

#3 OFFLINE   sheltrk

sheltrk

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 55 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:05 AM

Looks like a replacement remote (all types) costs $20 from the Dish Network online store. Is $14.99 the price with the Protection Plan? (And yes, I am paying $6.00 per month for Protection Plan.) Doesn't seem like Protection Plan is much help for a malfunctioning remote...

I want to be sure the remote has UHF capability, as my other two remotes in the house do not. The online description for the 722k compatible remote looks like it does, but then it includes weasel words at the end.

#4 OFFLINE   sheltrk

sheltrk

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 55 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 12:48 PM

Well, it turns out my remote wasn't broken after all. On a whim, I tried reprogramming it, and now the "Select" button works just fine. No idea how the "Select" button (and only the "Select" button) got de-programmed. Everything else was working just fine...

#5 OFFLINE   BillJ

BillJ

Icon

• Registered
  • 826 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 05:51 AM

I had a remote problem earlier this year. Replacement would have cost $20 but was free if I signed up for Protection Plan at $6/month. Then they gave me a $5/month credit for the first 12 months. A new remote and a year of Protection Plan for $12. Just don't cancel the Protection Plan in the first, I believe, 3 months. Hefty cancellation fee.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...