Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

The Firm

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 ONLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,835 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 03 February 2012 - 02:07 PM

Looks like The Firm is being sent to Saturday night to die quietly. Link

I've only seen the pilot, have the rest recorded. Is it worth bothering with?

Personally I don't think so. It's one thing for a great series that just can't get the ratings, but The Firm just isn't one of them.

On that note...Deleted all episodes.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   MikeW

MikeW

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 02:32 PM

I think it would have made a better one hour show. Did anyone notice Josh Lucas is a ringer for Grisham? Surprised it did not have the Southern nuance seen in his books.

My wife mentioned it both times that we watched the show. She is quite the Grisham fan.

#23 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,316 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 03 February 2012 - 03:01 PM

Looks like The Firm is being sent to Saturday night to die quietly. Link

As I noted in the ratings thread, "The Firm" pulled 62% fewer in the demo and 31% fewer in total viewers than the two half-hour comedies averaged last year. And one of those comedies was "Outsourced."

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#24 OFFLINE   spaul

spaul

Godfather

• Registered
  • 264 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 04:08 PM

So far my wife and I are still watching and find it worth the time. Hopefully if it doesn't last that NBC at least shows remaining episodes they have in the can.I,m still don't understand why NBC gave an even better show Prime Suspect in same time slot a quick hook.They will never build any following for their network at this rate.NBC gets the worst ratings on a whole so, they should just bite the bullet and let some shows gain a audience. Instead of rapidly replacing or even as Harry's Law keep moving it all over the schedule which hasn't worked either.

#25 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,912 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:44 PM

I know this show is cancelled and the end (or cliffhanger) is near, but this is one of the best shows I've watched in a while. It's almost on par with how I felt when Journeyman died. Probably the only difference is that I expected it this time whereas with Journeyman I somewhat expected it to continue.
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#26 ONLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,436 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:10 AM

I didn't think to pad Saturday night's scheduled recording of Chapter 19, which got pushed back by the U.S. Open. Guess we'll have to watch it on-line.

The Mrs. and I watched the first 18 episodes over the course of a week and really got into it. Too bad the show couldn't find an audience. Like Awake, I enjoyed watching interesting cases each week, along with a suspenseful back story. I'd love to see it continue on TBS, e.g. I hope Grisham doesn't give up on this.
/steve

#27 OFFLINE   balboadave

balboadave

Legend

• Registered
  • 191 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:18 PM

I didn't think to pad Saturday night's scheduled recording of Chapter 19, which got pushed back by the U.S. Open. Guess we'll have to watch it on-line.

The Mrs. and I watched the first 18 episodes over the course of a week and really got into it. Too bad the show couldn't find an audience. Like Awake, I enjoyed watching interesting cases each week, along with a suspenseful back story. I'd love to see it continue on TBS, e.g. I hope Grisham doesn't give up on this.

I don't think it aired at all. Chapter 19 has been rescheduled for next Saturday, bumping the rest of the episodes by another week. It is available now on NBC and HULU for free. I agree this show is much better than the ratings suggest.

#28 OFFLINE   LOCODUDE

LOCODUDE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,649 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:41 PM

I don't think it aired at all. Chapter 19 has been rescheduled for next Saturday, bumping the rest of the episodes by another week. It is available now on NBC and HULU for free. I agree this show is much better than the ratings suggest.

I agree, really like this show....

Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it.

Confucius

#29 OFFLINE   mfeinstein

mfeinstein

Godfather

• Registered
  • 325 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:34 PM

Hulu and NBC pulled Episode 19 from their web sites. I imagine that they'll wait to post it again after the show airs on the new schedule.

#30 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,120 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:41 PM

My DVR recorded some stupid Betty White comedy show but the title still showed The Firm episode 19. I checked next weeks schedule and it still shows episode 20.

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#31 OFFLINE   balboadave

balboadave

Legend

• Registered
  • 191 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:27 AM

Hulu and NBC pulled Episode 19 from their web sites. I imagine that they'll wait to post it again after the show airs on the new schedule.

I guess I caught it just in time. It was a really good episode.

#32 OFFLINE   John Strk

John Strk

Legend

• Registered
  • 159 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:39 AM

I really like this show and have seen every episode so far until now. I go to watch my recording from Saturday night and I see golf and some other stupid crap. Golf at 9pm? Really? Why can't nbc just re-air the episode at another time? Pisses me off!!! :mad:
DirecTV Customer Since 2007

#33 OFFLINE   kenmoo

kenmoo

Legend

• Registered
  • 205 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:27 PM

I'm in the Sacramento DNA and my NBC is showing episode #19 on Saturday June 23 per my onscreen DirecTV Guide info. Bumped #20 to the next Saturday. Maybe all of you that missed the episode and saw Betty White instead (I deleted it within 30 seconds) need to call your local NBC and complain.

#34 ONLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,436 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:38 PM

My HR34 GUIDE data is now showing Episode 19 for Saturday night. Even though I have a Series Link for The Firm, my To Do List isn't showing it as scheduled to record, tho. That's probably because it thinks it already recorded that episode last Saturday night.

I just manually selected it to record from the GUIDE. Others with SLs or Timers who recorded golf and Betty White last Saturday may want to check their TDLs as well.
/steve

#35 OFFLINE   hoophead

hoophead

Godfather

• Registered
  • 332 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:27 PM

Either I fell asleep during the ending of the series finale this wknd or it was the strangest ending to any show I've seen.....help
AT250 with ViP 722 via HDMI to 47" LG in living room and 27" JVC in exercise room. ViP 722 via HDMI to 42" Panny in master bedroom and 27" Philips in another bedroom

#36 OFFLINE   makaiguy

makaiguy

Icon

• Registered
  • 614 posts
  • LocationAiken, SC

Posted 15 July 2012 - 07:18 PM

My HR34 GUIDE data is now showing Episode 19 for Saturday night. Even though I have a Series Link for The Firm, my To Do List isn't showing it as scheduled to record, tho. That's probably because it thinks it already recorded that episode last Saturday night.

Yeah, even the episode numbers on NBC On Demand seemed to be screwed up. Eventually I just downloaded everything they had and was able to figure out which ones I needed.

Either I fell asleep during the ending of the series finale this wknd or it was the strangest ending to any show I've seen.....help

Very disappointed that things weren't wrapped up -- the trial string was left up in the air and the final episode ended with a teaser scene for "Six weeks later". Sure looks like everything was already in the can before word of its non-renewal came through.

I thought the mafia partner trial string at the end was some of the best parts of the season, then they junked it up with all that lame Russian stuff.

This was being shown elsewhere than the US, though. Does NBC's cancellation necessarily mean it's dead everywhere? If it continues in another market, maybe we can eventually find it on Netflix or somewhere.
DirecTV customer since 1997
HR24-500, HR22-100
I don't do buddy/friends lists, don't ask.

#37 ONLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,436 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:55 AM

This was being shown elsewhere than the US, though. Does NBC's cancellation necessarily mean it's dead everywhere? If it continues in another market, maybe we can eventually find it on Netflix or somewhere.

Fingers-crossed, but I've been unable to Google even a hint of new episodes in the works. :(
/steve

spam firewall