Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

new service being set up thursday

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   satman7918

satman7918

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:19 AM

I used to install echo and dt* from 2002 to 2008 its been awhile but I signed up with dt* and I'm being installed Thursday I ordered 2 std boxes 1 hd box and 1 hddvr not the one that records 5 programs at once. What kinda equipment will I be receiving and is it anybetter than it was 4 years ago. How does this cinema work and does the swm dish work with cold weather now it didn't when I installed it. I live in Madison wi will the locals still be coming off the 110 and 119 or have they been moved over to the 99 and 103? Should I be prepared for anything when they come I have a kaku already on the roof but it's the 4 line one any help or info is appreciated

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:39 AM

If you ordered whole home you have a chance of getting an HR24 and H25's however you could still get equipment you used to install. SD receivers will be D12's.

They'll swap out your old LNB for a SWM. The SWM's only had a problem with a certain LNB and it was a small issue overall.

Not much has really changed in 3 years except SWM being the main installation type now and the advent of whole home which will allow you to share your playlist.

Not sure why you didn't get the HR34 and then all HD receivers. You would be better off in the long run.

#3 OFFLINE   Jodean

Jodean

Icon

• Registered
  • 678 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:56 PM

Havent seen any cold weather problems at all this year.

Last year was 9 out of 10 lnbs didnt work for 4 months straight with the hr24-700's

First year of swm up here they replaced 95% of the lnbs in my area. My good friend worked for corporate direct at time, he had to roll back to the entire years worth of jobs and replace lnbs.

#4 ONLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,168 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 10 January 2012 - 06:51 PM

And Madison, WI. (Net. 628) SD locals are still on 119 (nothing is on 110 right now) and your HD locals are on 99W.

So you will need a SL5 LNB. Be sure that 119 LOS has not been blocked by any tree or foliage growth in the four years hence you were a subscriber or the installation will not go forth.

#5 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:44 PM

Havent seen any cold weather problems at all this year.

Last year was 9 out of 10 lnbs didnt work for 4 months straight with the hr24-700's

First year of swm up here they replaced 95% of the lnbs in my area. My good friend worked for corporate direct at time, he had to roll back to the entire years worth of jobs and replace lnbs.

Only that you installed. This was not a national issue except for 1 time and it was not last year.

#6 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:49 PM

Only that you installed. This was not a national issue except for 1 time and it was not last year.

And just WNC brand SWM lnbs if I recall.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#7 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:51 PM

And just WNC brand SWM lnbs if I recall.

Correct

Protected By... spam firewall...And...