Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Pause, Rewind, FF on H25 with MRV

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   TAK3210

TAK3210

Legend

• Registered
  • 143 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:19 AM

I know I saw this in another thread somewhere around here, but I can't find it now. To be able to pause, rewind, fast forward a live show on the H25 with MRV, what are the right steps? I had gotten it into my head that once you hit 'Record', you can pause, etc. But, when I tried it out for the first time last night, after hitting 'Record', I had to go to the Play List and start playing the show from the beginning before I could do the pause, etc. Is there an easier or more direct way to do this that I'm missing? :confused:

Thanks,
Tom
HR24/100
HR23/700
H25/500

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Go Beavs

Go Beavs

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,271 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR DMA

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:07 AM

You got it right. You need to select the show from the playlist before you can use trick play with the H25 (or any WHDVR capable H series receiver).

What I do to speed things up is to skip to the end of the recording (so I'm "live") by pressing FF and then the SKIP/SLIP button to jump to the end.

Genie, Hx2x, nomad
D* customer since Oct '99

#3 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,643 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:43 AM

You do need to be watching a recording.
When I press record, it starts from that time, unless the DVR was already buffering the show.
A.K.A VOS

#4 OFFLINE   hilmar2k

hilmar2k

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:45 AM

Until you select the show from the list, you are watching it using the H2x's tuner, which does not have a buffer or trickplay ability.

#5 OFFLINE   TAK3210

TAK3210

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 143 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:39 AM

OK, thanks. Makes sense, I guess. I was showing the wife how it worked last night and it didn't do what I said it would do. (Oops. :D) I thought maybe the H25 was clever enough to automatically switch to watching the recording when you hit the 'Record' button. Seems like the software could do that...maybe too hard, though.
HR24/100
HR23/700
H25/500

#6 OFFLINE   hilmar2k

hilmar2k

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:42 AM

OK, thanks. Makes sense, I guess. I was showing the wife how it worked last night and it didn't do what I said it would do. (Oops. :D) I thought maybe the H25 was clever enough to automatically switch to watching the recording when you hit the 'Record' button. Seems like the software could do that...maybe too hard, though.

Switching to the remote recording from the local tuner would cause a delay in the playback while the buffer loads. I would not want that as the default action (assuming I actually had an H2x, I have all HR2x's).

#7 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,643 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:43 AM

I thought maybe the H25 was clever enough to automatically switch to watching the recording when you hit the 'Record' button. Seems like the software could do that...maybe too hard, though.

Not sure I'd even want that. Scheduling a recording is something customers might want to do more that "instantly" shifting to it.
A.K.A VOS

#8 OFFLINE   TAK3210

TAK3210

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 143 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:56 AM

Yeah, that's probably best. I was thinking using the 'Record' button in the Guide or while watching a live program could act differently depending on the context. Maybe too complicated to bother with that, though.
HR24/100
HR23/700
H25/500

spam firewall