Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HD-to-SD Lock on 722k

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,110 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:56 AM

I mentioned the other day that ever since L7.50 was downloaded, my 722k would lock all of the HD channels to stretched-out SD. The Mode button on the remote was frozen so I couldn't get the aspect ratio to come back to normal. At the time, all I could think of doing was a cold reboot. That solved the problem for me.

Today, I was able to recreate the problem and that's why I've started this thread.

Today, I put the 722k in interactive mode to check on the weather. When I came out of it, all of my HD channels were locked in SD just like the other day. After fiddling around with it and confirming that my Mode switch didn't do anything, I went back to the interactive app. When I came out of it, the correct aspect ratio on all of my HD channels was back. It actually acted like a toggle switch of sorts.

Edited by Henry, 11 January 2012 - 12:29 PM.

VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:27 PM

Yep, a known problem (at the other forum, perhaps here too not sure) for the 612 receiver also with the recent update. It has been reported by the CSR's on the forums.

#3 OFFLINE   MattG@DISH Network

MattG@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 550 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:30 PM

I mentioned the other day that ever since L7.50 was downloaded, my 722k would lock all of the HD channels to stretched-out SD. The Mode button on the remote was frozen so I couldn't get the aspect ratio to come back to normal. At the time, all I could think of doing was a cold reboot. That solved the problem for me.

Today, I was able to recreate the problem and that's why I've started this thread.

Today, I put the 722k in interactive mode to check on the weather. When I came out of it, all of my HD channels were locked in SD just like the other day. After fiddling around with it and confirming that my Mode switch didn't do anything, I went back to the interactive app. When I came out of it, the correct aspect ratio on all of my HD channels was back. It actually acted like a toggle switch of sorts.

tampa is correct that this is a known issue. This is what it says: After exiting the TWC interactive application the receiver will no longer change its video format on the TV1 location and the TV2 video does not fill up the entire screen.

This will be fixed in a future software update (no ETA on release)

*EDIT* I forgot to put that resetting the receiver will correct the problem

Edited by MattG@DISH Network, 12 January 2012 - 04:39 PM.

Matthew "Speedy" Gonzales
Social Media

Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday 11a-10p MT.  Off: Weds/Sat/Sun.

#4 OFFLINE   Rduce

Rduce

Legend

• Registered
  • 301 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:37 PM

I have found two remedies for when this happens; 1: Turning the unit off and back on will sometimes clear the problem up... 2: Restoring factory defaults will bring it back when the above doesn't work. Now I have 3!

#5 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 3,110 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:11 PM

Thanks, Matt/tampa;

No problems yesterday or today (yet). Either Dish fixed the issues or they are intermittent. Given that these are "known", I'll sit back and wait for the fixes. :D
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#6 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 3,110 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 28 January 2012 - 11:43 AM

It's still doing it. After a few days of perfect operation, all of the old problems are back, including the aspect ratio issue when I bring up the Interactive Application. :nono2:
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#7 OFFLINE   CeeWoo

CeeWoo

Godfather

• Registered
  • 336 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 11:52 AM

It's still doing it. After a few days of perfect operation, all of the old problems are back, including the aspect ratio issue when I bring up the Interactive Application. :nono2:

I've found that I need to do an 'unplug reset' every few days as well to clear up this problem, and then it's good for a while

I still don't have any means to download the HD versions of things on BBMP. My connection is getting more sleep than I am (and it's starting to get pretty irritating LOL). It has given me reason to buy a ROKU and I'm using it so much I may just dump BBMP and save $10 from my dish bill each month

#8 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 3,110 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:55 PM

I've found that I need to do an 'unplug reset' every few days as well to clear up this problem, and then it's good for a while

I still don't have any means to download the HD versions of things on BBMP. My connection is getting more sleep than I am (and it's starting to get pretty irritating LOL). It has given me reason to buy a ROKU and I'm using it so much I may just dump BBMP and save $10 from my dish bill each month

Yeah, didn't know about that. As for BBMP ... I never signed up and have no intention of doing so until they iron out the bugs. Given their track record, I guess I never will. ;)
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

spam firewall