Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

first person shooter for Xbox 360 that's kid friendly

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Getteau

Getteau

Icon

• Registered
  • 808 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:59 PM

Does anyone know of any 1st person shooter games that don't have all the bad language or nudity (less gore would be nice as well)? My son really likes the "shooter" type games, but I'm uncomfortable letting him play them with all the language in them. Before anyone says it, I know it's an odd request and it's hypocritical that I'm OK with blood and shooting, but not language. Heck, I'd be OK without the blood and gore as well. It just seems in the quest to make everything super real and life like, they have ramped up the games to a point where they have pushed them past the younger audience.

Anyway, since the Xbox is new to us, I figured i'd ask you guys to see if you have any suggestions other than play with the TV on mute.

Sent from my Droid using the DBS Talk app

Thanks,
Rich

HR44-500 - HDMI to Panasonic TC-50S1 50" Plasma
HR24-100 - HDMI to Panasonic TC-50S1 50" Plasma
HR23-700 - HDMI to Insignia 42" Plasma
HR22-100 - HDMI to LG 32" LCD
HR21-700 - WD 1T Green Power drive - HDMI to Toshiba 65HM167 65" rear projection

R22-200 - Component to Insignia 42" Plasma
R15 - svideo to Toshiba 32" tube tv

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:48 AM

Most games are not geared to kids under 14 when it comes to FPS. Borderlands, Dues Ex are both good games but do have some language in them. It's not excessive and over used. You can pickup Borderlands GOTY for around $30 and it's a blast. Borderlands is more of a comedic setting and is more cartoonish than most FPS.

#3 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:42 AM

Depending on how you feel about the movie Running Man, Monday Night Combat is a lot of fun and VERY cartoony. There's a low cut shirt on the one promotion-type girl during interstitials or between rounds but otherwise it's not bloody and usually you're shooting robots.

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#4 OFFLINE   Getteau

Getteau

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 808 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:05 AM

Cool, I'll give them a look.

Thanks,
Rich

HR44-500 - HDMI to Panasonic TC-50S1 50" Plasma
HR24-100 - HDMI to Panasonic TC-50S1 50" Plasma
HR23-700 - HDMI to Insignia 42" Plasma
HR22-100 - HDMI to LG 32" LCD
HR21-700 - WD 1T Green Power drive - HDMI to Toshiba 65HM167 65" rear projection

R22-200 - Component to Insignia 42" Plasma
R15 - svideo to Toshiba 32" tube tv

#5 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:24 AM

Get him the cabela hunting game...shouldn't be any language in that. I don't know what age your kids are, but it would seem that if they arent old enough for the language, they probably arent old enough for most fps games either, considering almost all of them have a mature rating....

#6 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:07 PM

Monday Night Combat's T-for-Teen.

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#7 OFFLINE   Kevin F

Kevin F

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:21 PM

James Bond Goldeneye Reloaded

Kevin
Kevin

Good TV (Cable). Better TV (Dish Network). DirecTV.

My Setup

#8 OFFLINE   kiknwing

kiknwing

Godfather

• Registered
  • 487 posts
  • LocationOgden, UT

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:53 PM

I consider any of the halo games, no language and not a lot of excessive alien blood. It is rated M but it is the mildest M game I have ever played.

My Setup
Directv '98

#9 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:16 PM

I consider any of the halo games, no language and not a lot of excessive alien blood. It is rated M but it is the mildest M game I have ever played.

Good call.

#10 OFFLINE   naijai

naijai

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:15 AM

The actual gameplay has no language but online play you will have to monitor. There are a lot of foul mouthed kids on there
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.
Winston Churchill

DIRECTV employee since May 2003.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views DO NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

spam firewall