Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

SWM Errors

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   scott0702

scott0702

Legend

• Registered
  • 214 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:50 PM

I had the whole home setup installed in October by D* and has been working great since last night. I have been getting 771 and 771B errors on the screen and I decided to run a system test on a few of my receivers (HR23-700 and HR24-100) and it comes up with the error 49 I posted below. I have a SWM 16 module and 7 HDDVR's which would be 14 tuners. The SWM 16 module should be enough to support 14 tuners. All receivers are getting the 771 or 771B errors at random times and other times working fine. I called D* to report the problem and I was referred to Case Management. A technician will be out Sunday to troubleshoot.

Anyone had similar cases?

49 Primary Tuner Connection Problem – No SWM channels are available. The receiver is unable to register tuners for Live TV or Recordings because there are too many receivers connected to the coax network. Please call Customer Service at 1-800-531-5000 and report the diagnostic code displayed above. Diagnostic Code: 49" H / HR 24s and higher only

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,913 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:02 AM

771B means you have more than 8-tuners on a leg of the SWiM-16. Each leg can only support 8-tuners

DREW

Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR21-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#3 OFFLINE   scott0702

scott0702

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 214 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:19 AM

Maybe that is the problem then. I recently about 3 weeks ago swapped out an HD receiver for another HDDVR and maybe that went over capacity on one leg of the SWiM-16. I'll have the technician check that on Sunday. Interesting though the problem just started last night.

#4 OFFLINE   RobertE

RobertE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:40 AM

Maybe that is the problem then. I recently about 3 weeks ago swapped out an HD receiver for another HDDVR and maybe that went over capacity on one leg of the SWiM-16. I'll have the technician check that on Sunday. Interesting though the problem just started last night.

Since this was a problem caused by you, technically you should be charged for the service call. So just be prepared for that on your bill. It will all depend on the resolution code that the tech uses to close the work order out.
Have an Error or Diagnostic code? Find out what it means and how to fix it here: Click Me
Having issues with your HD locals? Report them here: Click Me
Is your receiver compatible with MRV? Check Here

#5 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,913 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:35 AM

Get the tech to tag the coax at the SWiM-16. This way, if you do another swap, you can also move the connection there as well.

Q: With WHDVR, why did you have to swap a H for a HR in the first place. The only benefit of a H is the ability to direct a recording to any DVR on the WHDVR network.

DREW

Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR21-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#6 OFFLINE   scott0702

scott0702

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 214 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:22 PM

Since this was a problem caused by you, technically you should be charged for the service call. So just be prepared for that on your bill. It will all depend on the resolution code that the tech uses to close the work order out.

To clarify, the change to a HDDVR was performed by a D* technician so this will not be an issue. I don't remember the technician making any adjustments at the SWiM.

Get the tech to tag the coax at the SWiM-16. This way, if you do another swap, you can also move the connection there as well.

Q: With WHDVR, why did you have to swap a H for a HR in the first place. The only benefit of a H is the ability to direct a recording to any DVR on the WHDVR network.

Thanks for the suggestion.

You are right that was a nice feature, however D* offered the upgraded so I went with it for the additional storage. Hopefully that will be an enhancement in the future for the HR.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...