Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Is anyone having problems with 722K software version L750?

s119

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   dmspen

dmspen

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 09:11 AM

Had a weird one last night. From the recorded shows screen, I selected a show that was currently recording so we could watch it. In fact there were two shows recording. I selected the show and hit Select. A frozen picture popped up from a completely different channel (or recording). Hitting Stop killed it, but it was very odd nonetheless. I was then able to select the show I wanted.

I figured out what is happening here. The frozen picture is the current show being recorded. It shows up for a split second when selecting the show to start over. I guess this could be a spoiler!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   MistyEyes

MistyEyes

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 09:30 AM

Here is my list that I submitted to Dish:

1) The 'daily schedule' will NOT allow changing of times. example: A program that starts at 10 am, that I want to have start at 10:01 am, normally it can be done right there in the daily. NOW I have to go to 'timer list' to change it. (FURTHER RESEARCH SHOWS THAT THIS IS ONLY WITH MANUAL TIMERS, AND IS A NEW PROBLEM SINCE THIS VERSION)

2) In 'timers', shows that are scheduled to run one time, do not always show up in the daily schedule.
They disappear into thin air!

3) STILL! The software program crashes when going to 'themes and searches', searching, and pressing the 'get results' button. The STB reboot happens. This has been an ongoing problem for many software versions.

4) Also in 'themes and searches', for many older software versions to current: I can set a time for a searched show, go and check in the daily schedule area to see if there is a conflict, if there is a conflict, delete that 1 timer, then go back to 'themes and searches' and find another time, but the GUI is blank. (JUST AN IMAGE)

Also there is a problem with the keywords. They don't change correctly. It used to be that the keywords could be deleted and stay deleted. That is no longer the case. The preciously typed keywords MUST be cleared and new keywords typed. NOTHING stays cleared, ever.

* 5) When recording a show in progress, using the record button below the pause for the DVR, the show will say it is being recorded on TV2, even though it is actually on TV1. In the 'my recordings' is shows TV2, but when highlighted there is s 'stop recorded option' only found for TV1 when on TV1.

* 6) Now this is the weirdest one of all! I had Top Chef to record on Sat, 12 noon. In the 'guide' as well as the 'daily' there is looks to be no problem, but when the program is clicked to check the time, it gets FUBAR!
Originally it said: Top Chef (no problem), then I clicked the 'timer' and the show description showed a tv show for sunday at 11am, not Top Chef. I just checked it again LOL and now it says in 'daily': Top Chef: Texas. I click it and
go to timer, and now in the description it's showing another show all together in the description.

And yes the response time between the remote and DVR is sometimes very slow,
then catches up like a cartoon in fast motion LOL!

* HAPPENED 1-2 TIMES

Attached Thumbnails

• stb-reboot1.jpg
  • stb-reboot2.jpg
  • missing_themes.jpg

#23 OFFLINE   eichenberg

eichenberg

Legend

• Registered
  • 128 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 02:46 PM

Here is my list that I submitted to Dish:

1) The 'daily schedule' will NOT allow changing of times. example: A program that starts at 10 am, that I want to have start at 10:01 am, normally it can be done right there in the daily. NOW I have to go to 'timer list' to change it. (FURTHER RESEARCH SHOWS THAT THIS IS ONLY WITH MANUAL TIMERS, AND IS A NEW PROBLEM SINCE THIS VERSION)

2) In 'timers', shows that are scheduled to run one time, do not always show up in the daily schedule.
They disappear into thin air!

3) STILL! The software program crashes when going to 'themes and searches', searching, and pressing the 'get results' button. The STB reboot happens. This has been an ongoing problem for many software versions.

4) Also in 'themes and searches', for many older software versions to current: I can set a time for a searched show, go and check in the daily schedule area to see if there is a conflict, if there is a conflict, delete that 1 timer, then go back to 'themes and searches' and find another time, but the GUI is blank. (JUST AN IMAGE)

Also there is a problem with the keywords. They don't change correctly. It used to be that the keywords could be deleted and stay deleted. That is no longer the case. The preciously typed keywords MUST be cleared and new keywords typed. NOTHING stays cleared, ever.

* 5) When recording a show in progress, using the record button below the pause for the DVR, the show will say it is being recorded on TV2, even though it is actually on TV1. In the 'my recordings' is shows TV2, but when highlighted there is s 'stop recorded option' only found for TV1 when on TV1.

* 6) Now this is the weirdest one of all! I had Top Chef to record on Sat, 12 noon. In the 'guide' as well as the 'daily' there is looks to be no problem, but when the program is clicked to check the time, it gets FUBAR!
Originally it said: Top Chef (no problem), then I clicked the 'timer' and the show description showed a tv show for sunday at 11am, not Top Chef. I just checked it again LOL and now it says in 'daily': Top Chef: Texas. I click it and
go to timer, and now in the description it's showing another show all together in the description.

And yes the response time between the remote and DVR is sometimes very slow,
then catches up like a cartoon in fast motion LOL!

* HAPPENED 1-2 TIMES

#3 I have not experienced on any software. In fact this weekend I did severla searches becuase I got a new 722k and was trying to set up timers. I searched for Bones, Billy the Exterminator, Ice Road Truckers, Covert Affairs, and The Glades all without crashing.

I have not experienced the slow remote either, of course I use a Harmony remote, but my daughters TV is TV2 and she uses the Dish remote and has not had any slowness with the remote.
Vizio SV470XVT1A
Yamaha RX-V663 DD 7.1
Dishnetwork
Vip 722k
DP 625
Soon to be Hopper/Joey System
PS3
Wii

#24 OFFLINE   barryaz1

barryaz1

AllStar

• Registered
  • 89 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:31 AM

Got a new box a few weeks ago, and one timer that I had before and redid was to tune into Today, Mon-Fri and have the tune-in on the OTA station. At first, it wouldn't do it all. Now, with 750, this morning I turned on the TV to find that it had tuned itself to a different OTA station, and I had set it correctly. Ideas anyone? Dish?

Still happening. Anyone else have regular Auto-tunes set up that are not working? Will also try the same station as a Dish channel and see if that makes a difference.

Frustrating, since I like to back up to the beginning of Today before all the National Enquirer-like stuff comes on.

#25 OFFLINE   CeeWoo

CeeWoo

Godfather

• Registered
  • 336 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:46 AM

I have not experienced the slow remote either, of course I use a Harmony remote, but my daughters TV is TV2 and she uses the Dish remote and has not had any slowness with the remote.

I get the problem from time to time now...resetting the receiver seems to cure it for a few days. (up until a few weeks ago-it didn't happen on my receiver)

I'm not so sure it's a problem with the remote. To me, it's more like the remote is fine, but the receiver gets slow in reacting to the commands it's given

#26 OFFLINE   Jhon69

Jhon69

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,637 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 03:11 PM

Still happening. Anyone else have regular Auto-tunes set up that are not working? Will also try the same station as a Dish channel and see if that makes a difference.

Frustrating, since I like to back up to the beginning of Today before all the National Enquirer-like stuff comes on.

Normally when things don't work the answer is"Reboot"!.:)

In the 722k's case it's open the right side door,push the red button.;)

#27 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,243 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 24 January 2012 - 03:31 PM

I continue to have problems with the 722k. Should I even bother calling DISH with this? I assume that they know we are having problems, but I also know what happens when you ASS-U-ME!

The Dish Response Team is reading these threads, Jim. They know what's happening. But it never hurts to contact Dish directly either.
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#28 OFFLINE   barryaz1

barryaz1

AllStar

• Registered
  • 89 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:03 PM

Normally when things don't work the answer is"Reboot"!.:)

In the 722k's case it's open the right side door,push the red button.;)

Duhhh...

Multiple reboots, both warm and cold

#29 OFFLINE   Jhon69

Jhon69

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,637 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:35 PM

Duhhh...

Multiple reboots, both warm and cold

I Apologize.:o

Had to suggest it.mine is averaging 2 reboots a day.:(

Think it's DISH trying to get their new system (Hopper) working?;)

#30 OFFLINE   barryaz1

barryaz1

AllStar

• Registered
  • 89 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:38 AM

Tested it this morning. It seems that Auto-tune is not working with OTA, but is with the Dish Local equivalent. OTA is so much sharper, so that's always my first choice. C'mon DISH!:grrr:

#31 OFFLINE   fuzzface

fuzzface

Mentor

• Registered
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:10 PM

Since getting L750 all of my problems went away. I had ultra-slow guide for about 4-5 months and occasional self-reboots. Since getting L750 the ONLY issue I am having is that when the receiver comes on after being asleep, there is a slight lag in on-screen navigation response, but it clears up after about 10 seconds.

#32 OFFLINE   Jhon69

Jhon69

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,637 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 08:24 PM

Noticed today when I loaded Dish Home,then after I exited I lost the format button on my remote control.A RBR corrected this problem.

On the bright side when I do a RBR now it completes it much quicker,which I like.:)

Edited by Jhon69, 30 January 2012 - 08:41 PM.

#33 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,243 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:03 PM

Noticed today when I loaded Dish Home,then after I exited I lost the format button on my remote control.A RBR corrected this problem.

Yes, it's being diiscussed in http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=200816

Perhaps the Moderator would like to merge it to here.
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#34 OFFLINE   Transplanted Yankee

Transplanted Yankee

Mentor

• Registered
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:43 PM

Within say, the past week, I've noticed when I select BBMP within the menu, I receive a message indicating my DVR must have a Broadband connection....Which I do.
So I go into the Setup menu, to Diagnostics, Broadband, and select Test. When completed, I'll go back into the BBMP and everything's fine.
I now have to do this every time I want to access BBMP on either of my 722K's.
My wife says that I have never met a tool I haven’t liked. People on the other hand......

#35 OFFLINE   Jhon69

Jhon69

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,637 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:18 PM

The problem I have been having now is when I have been watching a satellite channel for a few hours,I then try to go to a MT2 channel(30.1) the top banner stays onscreen,remote is not working,cannot clear top banner when I press exit.RBR corrects this issue.

#36 OFFLINE   bnborg

bnborg

Icon

• Registered
  • 616 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:47 PM

Within say, the past week, I've noticed when I select BBMP within the menu, I receive a message indicating my DVR must have a Broadband connection....Which I do.
So I go into the Setup menu, to Diagnostics, Broadband, and select Test. When completed, I'll go back into the BBMP and everything's fine.
I now have to do this every time I want to access BBMP on either of my 722K's.

I have been seeing this also. Even worse, it started saying "Broadband Connection Failed" when I tried diagnostics. I unplugged the ethernet connection from the router and plugged it back in. Diagnostics now said OK. But when I tried BBMP later it gave me the same old runaround. Go figure. :rolleyes:
Dish Network VIP722k - Gold 250 + HD/Platinum
110,119, and 129 on Dish 1000.2
Dynex (BestBuy) 42" HDTV, Onkyo TX-SR303 Receiver

Protected By... spam firewall...And...