Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Dish On-Line Guide Channel

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   sulu600

sulu600

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:00 PM

I am on my third Vip 922 and noticed that when I go to Dish-Online, along with my local Louisville, KY stations, I have stations listed from about 4 different parts of the country, many are on channels that are not available in this area. For example, Channel 5, which in not an active channel in the Louisville MSA, shows up as NBC KSNV, Fox KVVU, and PBS KNPB. Makes it very hard to scroll through all the odd channels to find what you are looking for. Anyone know of a way to make them go away? Does this mean that this receiver has been activated in three or more other areas, and returned?

Steve

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 908 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 08:13 AM

Those channels are locals out of Las Vegas and Reno, respectively. If the 922 was just activated, it may take a day or two for all the updates to be downloaded to the receiver. Please let me know if you continue to have this problem. If so, I will need for you to PM your account information to me so I can check on this issue further. Thanks.

I am on my third Vip 922 and noticed that when I go to Dish-Online, along with my local Louisville, KY stations, I have stations listed from about 4 different parts of the country, many are on channels that are not available in this area. For example, Channel 5, which in not an active channel in the Louisville MSA, shows up as NBC KSNV, Fox KVVU, and PBS KNPB. Makes it very hard to scroll through all the odd channels to find what you are looking for. Anyone know of a way to make them go away? Does this mean that this receiver has been activated in three or more other areas, and returned?

Steve

spam firewall