Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Dysfuntional DECA module?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   kepico

kepico

Mentor

• Registered
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 07:31 AM

Recently my whole home has lost connection a few times. The DECA module (white) I have attached to my network if I tap it or move it slightly the power light goes out & back in and the network light does the same (connections were tight).

So I figured it was my module but then I kept it plugged in power light green & disconnected the coax coming into it and I can tap & move it all I want but the power light now does not go off at all so now I'm not so sure if it is my module but how does a coax coming into cause this?

The coax I have attached to it comes in then to a splitter then to the DECA. The coax coming in is hot to the touch but I think thats normal if I recall.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,991 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 07:36 AM

Warm/hot is normal since there is a transmitter with some good power in these.
The power comes in the white coax pigtail.
Not sure how the power light could change/flicker from the coax on the other end.
A.K.A VOS

#3 OFFLINE   kepico

kepico

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 07:50 AM

Thanks for the reply I think I was able to fix this. I found the coax coming into the splitter itself was a bit loose so I tightened that up and now I can tap the DECA all I want and all lights stay green.

I have no idea why that would cause the power light to go off but each time I would tap it was almost like it would "re-initialize" and all the lights would go off then back on. But then as soon as I disconnected the coax the power light would stay on fine which I would expect.

#4 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,991 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 08:05 AM

Thanks for the reply I think I was able to fix this. I found the coax coming into the splitter itself was a bit loose so I tightened that up and now I can tap the DECA all I want and all lights stay green.

I have no idea why that would cause the power light to go off but each time I would tap it was almost like it would "re-initialize" and all the lights would go off then back on. But then as soon as I disconnected the coax the power light would stay on fine which I would expect.

Yeah that is kind of strange. I could see the cLink responding, but "wouldn't figure" the power light would.
A.K.A VOS

Protected By... spam firewall...And...