Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Audio with Marantz SR6005

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   nittanylion99

nittanylion99

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:19 AM

I have a Marantz SR6005 that is at the center of my home theater system. I have HDMI connections to my DirecTV HR20, Sony BluRay, and AppleTV. I had an older 50" Panasonic rear projection tv. All was happy with the world with this setup. I utilized my receiver for all audio and had my TV speakers set at zero.

I replaced the TV with a 60" Panasonic GT30 on Saturday. Now I am having issues with the audio not being processed by the receiver. I noticed it the first time with the BluRay and have had it happen since with the other connections.

I am suspecting that it has something to do with the new TV but I have no clue what. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to go about even diagnosing the issues?

One thing I think it might be is that my HDMI cables are all older. I suspect with my older TV it wasn't an issue since it didn't use any newer protocols. But that is just a huge guess.

Any help would be great - I am sure I will get gruff from my spouse when stuff doesn't work right.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   John Williams

John Williams

Legend

• Registered
  • 106 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 11:42 AM

You didn't say what exactly your 'audio problems' were. So taking a guess that you're not getting any audio or the wrong audio for what you select, the first thing you should do is: Go into the GT30's menu. Select the last icon (looks like a wrench). Find the selection "VIERA Link settings" and select it. Now make sure to turn "VIERA Link" to off. See if that fixed your issue.

#3 OFFLINE   nittanylion99

nittanylion99

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:33 PM

My issue is that the audio is coming out of the TV and not the receiver.

I will try your suggestion. Based on some research I've done using your line of thinking, I think that might be it.

#4 OFFLINE   nittanylion99

nittanylion99

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 01:21 PM

Your suggestion worked. It seems my SmartTV is smarter than me.

Thanks for your help!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...