Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

RURAL TV

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   SeaBeagle

SeaBeagle

Legend

• Registered
  • 463 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:07 AM

[quote name='""']

RFD TV is having a new channel called RURAL TV. Does anyone know if DISH will carry RURAL TV?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Blowgun

Blowgun

Godfather

• Registered
  • 388 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:47 AM

I was wondering the same thing, just in case RFD-TV decides to move my train shows there. Rural-TV starts in February.

BTW, why do all of your posts have a dead quote in them?

#3 OFFLINE   GravelChan

GravelChan

Legend

• Registered
  • 220 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:05 AM

[quote name='SeaBeagle'][quote name='""']
RFD TV is having a new channel called RURAL TV. Does anyone know if DISH will carry RURAL TV?[/QUOTE]

According to an article in RFD-TV magazine Dish will be carrying this channel so apparently they have a deal cut. I think Rural-TV is scheduled to launch on Feb. 1, whether Dish will pick them up at that time or at some later time your guess is as good as mine.

#4 OFFLINE   Jhon69

Jhon69

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,637 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:19 AM

[quote name='GravelChan'][quote name='SeaBeagle']

According to an article in RFD-TV magazine Dish will be carrying this channel so apparently they have a deal cut. I think Rural-TV is scheduled to launch on Feb. 1, whether Dish will pick them up at that time or at some later time your guess is as good as mine.[/QUOTE]

Let's hope like RFD-TV it will launch in HD.:)

#5 OFFLINE   SeaBeagle

SeaBeagle

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 463 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:15 AM

[quote name='""']

True good to know the channel be carried by DISH. Yes HD would be great.

#6 OFFLINE   SayWhat?

SayWhat?

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,531 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:32 AM

BTW, why do all of your posts have a dead quote in them?

Apparently.
Help stamp out Twits and Twitterers!

HD, SchmacHD!! Just be glad you've got a picture at all.

#7 OFFLINE   Blowgun

Blowgun

Godfather

• Registered
  • 388 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 02:35 AM

Apparently.

I agree that it's obvious, it's certainly unnecessary. Yet, people get hoodwinked into quoting it. Maybe it's an experiment in paying attention. :lol:

All kidding aside; my only goal was to offer the poster some help. I'm unaware of any reason to intentionally include it, so I thought I would start by asking it's purpose.

#8 OFFLINE   BillJ

BillJ

Icon

• Registered
  • 821 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:14 AM

Looks like DISH will carry Rural TV on channel 232 beginning February 1. That has been the channel for KTLA in the superstations pack. KTLA is being moved to channel 233 on February 1. (Actually it's already there but still on 232 also.) I assume this is being done so Rural TV can be on 232, right next to RFD on 231. Don't know whether it will be HD or not but I suspect it will be since RFD is.

#9 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,084 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:36 AM

[quote name='SeaBeagle'][quote name='""']

RFD TV is having a new channel called RURAL TV. Does anyone know if DISH will carry RURAL TV?[/QUOTE]

I don't even watch RFD-TV let alone the new one.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#10 OFFLINE   SayWhat?

SayWhat?

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,531 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:39 PM

Then you're missing Gunilla Hutton and the rest of the Hee Haw Honeys.
Help stamp out Twits and Twitterers!

HD, SchmacHD!! Just be glad you've got a picture at all.

#11 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,346 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:34 PM

Looks like DISH will carry Rural TV on channel 232 beginning February 1. That has been the channel for KTLA in the superstations pack. KTLA is being moved to channel 233 on February 1. (Actually it's already there but still on 232 also.) I assume this is being done so Rural TV can be on 232, right next to RFD on 231. Don't know whether it will be HD or not but I suspect it will be since RFD is.

There is a channel called "rural" testing in SD (channel 6111). I suspect that channel will be renumbered 232 when KTLA completes its move. No sign of a HD yet.

#12 OFFLINE   SeaBeagle

SeaBeagle

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 463 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:49 PM

[quote name='"']

I do not see a 6111 in my guide.

#13 OFFLINE   Blowgun

Blowgun

Godfather

• Registered
  • 388 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:02 AM

Looks like Paul is the latest victim to get hoodwinked into quoting the dead quote and have his post messed up. SeaBeagle, would you like some friendly help with posting? Please PM.

#14 OFFLINE   eckertman

eckertman

Legend

• Registered
  • 111 posts
  • LocationWoodstock,IL

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:26 AM

That's the way I understand it.

#15 OFFLINE   MCHuf

MCHuf

Legend

• Registered
  • 147 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:28 PM

This is great news! Another channel that nobody asked for gets added, while channels that people want, such as BBC World News and FEARnet aren't. :(

#16 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:59 PM

This is great news! Another channel that nobody asked for gets added, while channels that people want, such as BBC World News and FEARnet aren't. :(

You know there are reasons for that. I'm sure providers have meetings and look at what the trend is for what people want, then say lets not add those........

#17 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,346 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 04:46 PM

I do not see a 6111 in my guide.

It is a test channel, not available to customers. That's why I said a channel named RURAL was testing there.

#18 OFFLINE   MCHuf

MCHuf

Legend

• Registered
  • 147 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:17 AM

You know there are reasons for that. I'm sure providers have meetings and look at what the trend is for what people want, then say lets not add those........

That's not all what I meant. I mean if nobody is asking for that channel, then why even bother adding it. Pay-tv providers are always whining about the cost of programming, then why pay for something that isn't being asked for? Instead save that money for channels people actually want.

I have the AT200 package and it has several Spanish language channels. I have nothing against these channels, but since Dish already offers several Spanish language packages, why are they in this package? The money saved from removing those could be added to pay for BBC World News or FEARnet or some other high demand channel.

#19 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:30 AM

That's an easy answer. There are a huge percentage of households where the younger people speak English, probably their first language. But the older members may not speak English as well. They get the regular package, which has all the English programming, and enough Spanish to please the others.

I wonder how many had wanted channels that are now relatively popular? Satellite is often the sole provider for rural areas. A second channel doesn't seem out of place to me.

#20 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,084 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:30 PM

That's not all what I meant. I mean if nobody is asking for that channel, then why even bother adding it. Pay-tv providers are always whining about the cost of programming, then why pay for something that isn't being asked for? Instead save that money for channels people actually want.

I have the AT200 package and it has several Spanish language channels. I have nothing against these channels, but since Dish already offers several Spanish language packages, why are they in this package? The money saved from removing those could be added to pay for BBC World News or FEARnet or some other high demand channel.

I think Fearnet has ads. The VOOM Channel had commercial free back in the day.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

spam firewall