Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Controller connection issues on XBOX 360

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dmspen

dmspen

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:51 AM

Friday night was a girl's night for the wife. AHA! I'll play Xbox all evening.

I turned on the Xbox with my controller and started a game. a few seconds later the controller disconnected. I reconnected and played for another couple of minutes and the controller disconnected again. OK, new batteries. This time the controller wouldn't connect at all. Power down - WT... now the box won't turn on via controller but powers up from the front panel.

I've tried to get three separate controllers to work to no avail. There's no interference - the XBOX has been in its current location for about 2 years. Seems like an RF sensor issue.

Anyone had this issue?:mad:

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   ncxcstud

ncxcstud

Icon

• Registered
  • 591 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:04 AM

Have you tried re-syncing the controllers?

I can honestly say that I've never had that problem nor have I seen that problem before.
40" Samsung LCD - LN40B640 (living room)
42" Samsung DLP - HLS4266W
DirecTV HR20-700 Receiver
DirecTV H24-100 Receiver
DirecTV HR24-100 Receiver
Pastor of All Saints Lutheran Church in Mason, MI
XBOX Live, Battle.net, and PSN gamertags - ncxcstud

#3 OFFLINE   tenpins

tenpins

AllStar

• Registered
  • 79 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:12 AM

I had this issue with my WII controllers recently. One controller stopped working, 2nd was fine. Bought 2 new controllers (had a use when grand kids are at house for 4), nothing worked. Read directions that were included and it mentioned that they needed to be synced, press red button. Still nothing, then watched a youtube video and realized that i had missed a step. My bad. All 4 work great now. just my 2 cents. Hope all turns out well.

#4 OFFLINE   dmspen

dmspen

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:02 AM

Yes, I sync'ed. Many times. I tried syncing from various distances too. What's odd is that through all my googling, I found this this problem has been around since 2007. It doesn't happen often but it does happen. I've never found anyone with a fix. I sent off several requests to repair places and not one of them has returned my email. Maybe they don't know what to do. There's a new Microsoft store near me...maybe I should take it there...

Protected By... spam firewall...And...