Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

More than 16 tuners

youtube sdl 301

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Nabisco

Nabisco

Godfather

• Registered
  • 335 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:11 PM

Yep; see here for a diagram for two cascaded SWiM-16s;

http://www.dbstalk.c...183#post2937183

And DECA node limit is 16. Beyond that the "Unified PlayList" (UPL) on each receiver will not display all other connected receivers.

which ones would they show? could they be two sepreate systems just the samd odu? if i could use this on bigger buildings this could help alot with the old one dish per building my company will never buy anything bigger than a 16 unless its a mdu with at least 100 units.... thnaks guys!

DIRECTV Technician
-------------------------------------------
My opinions are mine and do not reflect those of either my HSP or DIRECTV.BUT SHOULD BE!!!
Worker rights!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 ONLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,318 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 04:52 PM

which ones would they show? could they be two sepreate systems just the samd odu? if i could use this on bigger buildings this could help alot with the old one dish per building my company will never buy anything bigger than a 16 unless its a mdu with at least 100 units.... thnaks guys!

It's actually random and not all will show the same ones. But... What are you trying to do exactly? It's easy to create more deca clouds than you have swim setups. Isolating one unit from another is simple.

#23 OFFLINE   Nabisco

Nabisco

Godfather

• Registered
  • 335 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:27 PM

It's actually random and not all will show the same ones. But... What are you trying to do exactly? It's easy to create more deca clouds than you have swim setups. Isolating one unit from another is simple.

it sounds like something i can use in apts buildings so i can use one odu... the whole one dish thing because the land lord doesnt want a bunch of odus.... those servers with 5 tuners is a killer lol

DIRECTV Technician
My opinions are mine and do not reflect those of either my HSP or DIRECTV.BUT SHOULD BE!!!
Worker rights!

#24 ONLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,318 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:45 AM

Yeah, you just need a bsf for each apartment and then they will all have their deca clouds isolated.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...