Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

It's Official! I've stumped the TurboTax tech support people--program won't open

• Please log in to reply
256 replies to this topic

#241 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,474 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:47 PM

I've used CCleaner for years and tried this recommendation last year. It didn't help then and apparently doesn't help now, unfortunately.

Your suggestion, however, is certainly appreciated. :)

Did you uncheck the box about the 24 hours ?

I had a problem with a program ( online banking ) recently that no one could help me with. The site was called Netteller ( the company that wrote the software ). I did a search for "nett" using windows search and discovered that there were several JS ( Java Script ) files that were on my machine and some cookies with that in them also. Since it was web based i had nothing to lose to delete them and let the web sire remake them when I logged back on.
It worked.

You might try searching to see what you can find. Since you seem to have multiple versions of TT on your machine you would only want to delete new files recently created.

If none of the above works, I am out of suggestions.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#242 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 8,187 posts
  • LocationGalactic Empire

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:51 PM

I only have TT2012 on my PC now, in the XP environment running as Virtual PC. I'll try your other suggestions to see if that makes a difference, but I'm not holding out any real hope, to be honest with you.

FAITH: I find the lack of it disturbing.

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

#243 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,474 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:02 PM

I only have TT2012 on my PC now, in the XP environment running as Virtual PC. I'll try your other suggestions to see if that makes a difference, but I'm not holding out any real hope, to be honest with you.

After the uninstall be sure you search drive "C" and not just the Libraries.
I just did this on mine and I did not see any JS files but there could still be something not deleted from the uninstall.
Since you only have the one version I would delete all that it finds.
Good luck.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#244 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,252 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:38 PM

Did some cleanup in Aisle 3. There are some topics that go too far, even if not meant to be real.

Thanks for understanding,
Tom

Go Packers!

My real treasures: 5 Grandchildren - S, D, M, M, C ; Now 5! Great-Grandtibbers - B, H, J, A, and M (Born 7/31/2011)

#245 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:37 PM

Are we casting Resurrect on this discussion again? Use the web version. It's identical. I forget what reasons you had last year for not doing it. It's really, really amazing you went back to the disc version considering the issues you had last year.

What was that Einsteinian definition of insanity? Doing something over and over expecting to get different results?

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#246 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:38 PM

What? Do the online version so your returns are saved on a server that the Feds can easily access one day when they want? No thanks.

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

#247 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:49 PM

What? Do the online version so your returns are saved on a server that the Feds can easily access one day when they want? No thanks.

No.
DTV = Digital Television

#248 OFFLINE   armophob

armophob

Difficulty Concen........

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,935 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:52 PM

He was as useful as titties on a bull last year. What makes you think he'd be any help this year?

I thought Ray was the guy who finnally got around the XP window?

"Well, today Ray called me back. He spent about an hour doing some additional things and voila! It updated and works completely.

Total support time including 2 previous calls to TT support: 9 hours. "

#249 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:52 PM

Didn't help me. I'm using the XP workaround.

#250 OFFLINE   armophob

armophob

Difficulty Concen........

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,935 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:58 PM

Didn't help me. I'm using the XP workaround.

Your resistance towards the online version is the "cloud" storage of information?
Do you feel that the hard disc version does not use this as well?
I don't know, I am just asking if anyone does.
I suppose if you do not e-file it would remain local.

#251 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:06 PM

I don't want my tax returns stored on the cloud.

#252 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:09 PM

Then use different software.
DTV = Digital Television

#253 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,252 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:11 PM

It's a tough call for me. Cloud vs. IRS (hopefully) internal cloud.

Since I like having my own backups, I have stuck with having the software, but I gave up on TurboTax quite a long time ago. I know longer remember what issue I had, it might have been just how poorly it imported data from previous years?

Peace,
Tom

Go Packers!

My real treasures: 5 Grandchildren - S, D, M, M, C ; Now 5! Great-Grandtibbers - B, H, J, A, and M (Born 7/31/2011)

#254 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:56 PM

I just used the XP virtual PC, which actually worked out well enough.

#255 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:39 PM

If you're doing your taxes and not sending them to the Feds I think I figured out what your problem is.

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#256 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:57 PM

:raspberry

#257 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:15 PM

:D:D:D :lol::lol:

Protected By... spam firewall...And...