Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

DirecTV Entertainment Package???

vod

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:41 PM

is family available to everyone? when i go to d* website and select english tv packages it only lists choice, extra, ultimate and premier. am i missing some?

Yep. Family $29.95, SELECT $44.95 (being removed Feb 9th)...They dont want you to see them, because people would downgrade from the expensive packages. You have to call a CSR and specifically request them.

Apparently, from the email I received, the Entertainment package should appear there, come February.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   ThomasM

ThomasM

RF Engineer

• Registered
  • 4,317 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:41 PM

What are the "four FREE Advanced Product Upgrades?"

One of them is probably a new 2 year commitment.... :D:D:D

3LNB Phase III Dish * 2-R15-300 * R22-200 * D12-100 * DirecTV Subscriber since Y2K

#23 OFFLINE   detroit_fan

detroit_fan

Legend

• Registered
  • 119 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:31 PM

Yep. Family $29.95, SELECT $44.95 (being removed Feb 9th)...They dont want you to see them, because people would downgrade from the expensive packages. You have to call a CSR and specifically request them.

Apparently, from the email I received, the Entertainment package should appear there, come February.

Thanks for the info.

#24 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,134 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:35 PM

Another question will be, does it qualify for free HD.

#25 OFFLINE   Bonneville44

Bonneville44

AllStar

• Registered
  • 87 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:06 PM

Another question will be, does it qualify for free HD.

ditto

#26 OFFLINE   ronsanjim

ronsanjim

Godfather

• Registered
  • 417 posts
  • LocationCherokee Village, AR

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:36 PM

Select Classic is still available if you ask. Currently it is $39.99, but goes to $41.99 on Feb 9. It qualifies for the HD credit. I've had it the past year, and it has everything I need, except for the Food channel. But the price is just right for me. However, will entertain the thought of switching to the Entertainment package once the channels are known.

#27 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:07 PM

Do you have the channel lineup for that saved? I had to get rid of SELECT (not classic) because they wouldnt qualify that one for free HD, so it ended up costing the same as Choice.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#28 OFFLINE   gomezma1

gomezma1

Godfather

• Registered
  • 460 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:53 PM

Where can i see the channel list for this package. I might switch.

#29 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,134 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:58 PM

The lineup isn't available yet.

#30 OFFLINE   jeffgbailey

jeffgbailey

Legend

• Registered
  • 206 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:48 PM

Do you have the channel lineup for that saved? I had to get rid of SELECT (not classic) because they wouldnt qualify that one for free HD, so it ended up costing the same as Choice.

Select package. Select Classic doesnt have the following
ABC Family
Bio
Food
GMC
GAC
Hallmark
History
H2
Lifetime

Attached Files

#31 OFFLINE   gomezma1

gomezma1

Godfather

• Registered
  • 460 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:01 PM

I think I'll keep what I got.

#32 OFFLINE   rwmair

rwmair

Godfather

• Registered
  • 339 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:21 PM

Do you get an RSN with that?

#33 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,134 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:03 AM

Thats most likely not included.

#34 OFFLINE   lokar

lokar

Icon

• Registered
  • 676 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:06 AM

Is there any word if NBCSN will be included with this? The press release made it sound like all sports except RSN would be included but NBCSN is not in Dish's AT200. I will be quite angry if this channel would end up costing like $20 extra per month.

Edited by lokar, 31 January 2012 - 11:12 AM.

#35 OFFLINE   Bonneville44

Bonneville44

AllStar

• Registered
  • 87 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:30 AM

wish they weren't waiting until THE day to leak the list of channels. I do watch ESPN, but I don't really watch my RSN (or the multitude of sports channels, although I'd miss MLBtv).

#36 OFFLINE   JcT21

JcT21

Legend

• Registered
  • 265 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:14 PM

maybe it will have all the channels of choice xtra without the sports... thus making it cheaper. that would be a package i would love to have :D

Xtra + HD Extra Pack
SiriusXM subscriber

#37 OFFLINE   lokar

lokar

Icon

• Registered
  • 676 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:56 AM

Slightly off topic, but does NHLCI include the NHL Network? I am wondering as to whether I would still get NHLN if the Entertainment package doesn't include it.

#38 OFFLINE   espnjason

espnjason

Armchair Referee

• Registered
  • 529 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:36 PM

Slightly off topic, but does NHLCI include the NHL Network? I am wondering as to whether I would still get NHLN if the Entertainment package doesn't include it.

NHLN is included with CI if you don't already subscribe to Choice Xtra or above.

On another hand, I wonder if those that will subscribe to the Entertainment Package will be blocked from ordering any premiums or out-of-market sports subscription packages? As all of those require a subscription to the 'Choice' package or above. Feel free to correct me if I read anything wrong.

Subscribed to DirecTV for NFL Sunday Ticket, remained a subscriber for international football.

#39 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,230 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 02:53 PM

NHLN is included with CI if you don't already subscribe to Choice Xtra or above.

On another hand, I wonder if those that will subscribe to the Entertainment Package will be blocked from ordering any premiums or out-of-market sports subscription packages? As all of those require a subscription to the 'Choice' package or above. Feel free to correct me if I read anything wrong.

well on cable I think there is law saying that you can get limited basic and HBO.

I think the 1992 Cable Act says they are not allowed to force you to purchase tiers beyond the basic tier to subscribe to services offered on a per-channel or pay-per-view basis, such as HBO or a PPV boxing event.
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#40 OFFLINE   jeffgbailey

jeffgbailey

Legend

• Registered
  • 206 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 07:01 PM

nope. Know of someone with Family pack and NHL CI. They just dont get to see the "local" team as they dont get a RSN

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vod

Protected By... spam firewall...And...