Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

ViP922 - S1.16 Software Experiences/Bugs Discuss

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,866 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:42 PM

Possible S116 bug?

It seems to me that I used to be able to play a DVR recorded video from the 922's hard drive without disrupting the buffer of the LiveTV I am watching. (I'm on Solo/Pip mode.)

But now, if I play a DVR recording, the Live TV buffer is not there upon return to Live TV. It is starting up a new buffer.

Am I wrong about this? Has it always been like this?
(I know this happens as well with the new Weather icon on the Menu from the S115+ release.)

This is the way it has always worked with all of the Dish DVRs. The active tuner has its buffer dumped whenever you begin playback of a recorded event.

The other tuner, however, continues to be buffered as long as it is not recording something else.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   garygaryj

garygaryj

AllStar

• Registered
  • 76 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:25 AM

Hmm. Funny. I am almost sure that I was able to retain the current ongoing TV buffer on TV1 while watching a recorded video on my 922, at least before the S115+ version, and I am a person that notices, but I have no proof.

No matter - not there now. I would hope that the Hopper can retain the buffers, and when you think about it - why should pre-recorded material and accessing web apps like Weather clean-out the Live TV buffer? I don't really accept that as a valid design, I guess. DirecTV certainly has found a way to avoid that, from what I remember.

#23 OFFLINE   Jhon69

Jhon69

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,638 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:01 AM

Hmm. Funny. I am almost sure that I was able to retain the current ongoing TV buffer on TV1 while watching a recorded video on my 922, at least before the S115+ version, and I am a person that notices, but I have no proof.

No matter - not there now. I would hope that the Hopper can retain the buffers, and when you think about it - why should pre-recorded material and accessing web apps like Weather clean-out the Live TV buffer? I don't really accept that as a valid design, I guess. DirecTV certainly has found a way to avoid that, from what I remember.

Well we know each company's HDDVRs have their good things and bad things.DirecTV's DVRs have that little 3 second back up feature when your FFW through a program,but they don't have 2 constant live buffers,they don't show a 3 hour guide like DISH HDDVRs.DISH HDDVRs can record 4 programs at once with 4 tuners(with the MT2-2OTA+2SAT) where DirecTV's 2 tuner HDDVR even with their AM21 can only record 2 programs.:(

So like I said each company's HDDVRs have their little differences.

#24 OFFLINE   Jhon69

Jhon69

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,638 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:27 AM

It still does,but the issue is deeper than that,people need to access what is happening and make the proper adjustments.Dish is beta testing the Hopper and Joey,it has PTAT which has to do with HD locals on satellite.I see changes in my guide every day and sometimes several times a day in my guide with my HD locals,while I don't see any problems with my SD locals.

I bought my 922/wMT2 because at the time it was not offered by DISH,I wanted the new format to see and test it for myself.Here is my solutions to the problems I have seen:

I took out my MT2,to be reinstalled at a later time when issues subside.

I set up my local channel timers to use my SD local channels only(setup guide option for SD&HD).

Make sure my guide list is always set to My Channels,no other option.

I do not do a Favorites List because it will get jumbled up with these issues.

I try to stay away from going into Duo Mode when I do I lose timers.

These are a few of my solutions to make things work right on my 922,the people that are running the 722k are also experiencing similar issues.

Good Luck!.:)

#25 OFFLINE   Jhon69

Jhon69

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,638 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:45 AM

It still does,but the issue is deeper than that,people need to access what is happening and make the proper adjustments.Dish is beta testing the Hopper and Joey,it has PTAT which has to do with HD locals on satellite.I see changes in my guide every day and sometimes several times a day in my guide with my HD locals,while I don't see any problems with my SD locals.

I bought my 922/wMT2 because at the time it was not offered by DISH,I wanted the new format to see and test it for myself.Here is my solutions to the problems I have seen:

I took out my MT2,to be reinstalled at a later time when issues subside.

I set up my local channel timers to use my SD local channels only(setup guide option for SD&HD).

Make sure my guide list is always set to My Channels,no other option.

I do not do a Favorites List because it will get jumbled up with these issues.

I try to stay away from going into Duo Mode when I do I lose timers.

These are a few of my solutions to make things work right on my 922,the people that are running the 722k are also experiencing similar issues.

Good Luck!.:)

The main problem I was having was when I bought my 922 and activated it ,the previous owner's local channels kept appearing in my guide.This was what was messing up my local channels programming information and causing issues with recordings.

After trying resets and discussing the problem with DISH Advanced Tech,they recommended sending out a technican who when arriving and seeing what my problem was also called DISH Advanced Tech and both of them was able to correct my problems.

So now yesterday I reinstalled my MT2 Module and it looks like my problems for now have been solved.But I will continue to test and search for problems that may show up and report them here.:)

#26 OFFLINE   Jhon69

Jhon69

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,638 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:45 PM

Sometimes not always I try to scroll through the pages in the guide and when I do the scrolling takes off by itself for several pages.:confused:

Also for some reason my events to be recorded loves "Pawn Stars" trying to record all of them instead of new only which I have chosen in the timer?.:confused:

After the nightly reboot my guide is changing to "My Channels" instead of staying on my Favorites List.:confused:

Edited by Jhon69, 26 March 2012 - 12:48 PM.

#27 OFFLINE   Jhon69

Jhon69

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,638 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:29 AM

Last night was watching a prerecorded program "Antiques Roadshows" when the video froze up so I did a RBR.Noticed this morning after the nightly reboot my guide was not on My Channels,but stayed on my Favorites List.So was the reason the video froze because DISH put in a fix?.We shall see after a few days,but having my guide stay on my Favorites List was a welcome sight this morning,Thanks DISH!.:D

#28 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,866 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:06 PM

Last night was watching a prerecorded program "Antiques Roadshows" when the video froze up so I did a RBR.Noticed this morning after the nightly reboot my guide was not on My Channels,but stayed on my Favorites List.So was the reason the video froze because DISH put in a fix?.We shall see after a few days,but having my guide stay on my Favorites List was a welcome sight this morning,Thanks DISH!.:D

Unrelated. Fixes aren't implemented while your receiver is in use like that.

sometimes video freezes and a channel change will fix it, other times you need the reboot... but neither would be an indication of a fix.

Sometimes my 922 doesn't actually do its nightly update like it is supposed to... and those nights it stays on my custom Favorites list.. so it's a glitch that appears to do something good, but still a glitch.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#29 OFFLINE   Jhon69

Jhon69

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,638 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:41 AM

Unrelated. Fixes aren't implemented while your receiver is in use like that.

sometimes video freezes and a channel change will fix it, other times you need the reboot... but neither would be an indication of a fix.

Sometimes my 922 doesn't actually do its nightly update like it is supposed to... and those nights it stays on my custom Favorites list.. so it's a glitch that appears to do something good, but still a glitch.

Yes and it seems the glitch is still with us as after my nightly reboot last night,this morning my guide had changed back to My Channels instead of remaining on my Favorites List!.:mad::nono2:

Oh well back to the old drawing board!.:P

#30 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 20,051 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:59 AM

S1.17 start spooling for 300+ gamma testers tonight. Include Weather AppTile.

#31 OFFLINE   Jhon69

Jhon69

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,638 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:16 PM

S1.17 start spooling for 300+ gamma testers tonight. Include Weather AppTile.

Already had Weather App Tile with S1.16.:confused:

DISH just needs to give the 922 the Hopper software so I can see my 4 tuners(2SAT+2OTA/wMT2).:D

Protected By... spam firewall...And...