Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

New Direct TV. Home DVR Hr 44

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
111 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   Nerdlinger

Nerdlinger

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:44 PM

There is a

Digital HD Satellite Receiver, Model HR44-700

on UL.com (Pace Americas)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 ONLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,160 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:53 PM

There is a

Digital HD Satellite Receiver, Model HR44-700

on UL.com (Pace Americas)

Yeah ...

Specifically from the "UL Online Certifications Directory."

"AZSQ.E222159"
"Audio/Video Apparatus"

Audio/Video Apparatus

PACE AMERICAS INC E222159
SUITE 200
3701 FAU BLVD
BOCA RATON, FL 33431 USA

Cable receivers, Model(s) TDC770D, TDC775D, TDC779X, TDC780X

Cable Server Set Top Box, Model(s) RNG210N

Client Receiver, Model(s) C30-700, C31-700

Connected Home Adapter, Model(s) DCA2SR0-18, LDCA2SR0-18, SDCA2SR0-18

Digital Cable Receiver, Model(s) DC100X, DC501p, DC700X, DC701X, DC70Xn, DC758D, PARN112, PCRN112, PCR110C, PX001ANx (d), RNG110, RNG110RF, TDC577X, TDC776D, TDC777D, TDC787X

Digital Cable TV Receiver, Model(s) TDC575D, TDC576D

Digital HD Satellite Receiver, Model(s) H25-700, HR44-700

Digital Satellite Receiver, "L14 Series", Model(s) L14-X-700

Digital Satellite Receiver, Model(s) H24-700, HR23-700, R23-700

Digital Satellite Receiver / Recorder, Model(s) HMC30-700, HR34-700

Digital terrestrial receivers, Model(s) AM21N (B), AM22N (B), AM21P (B), AM22P (B), LIM22A (B), LIM22C (B)

Digital Transport Adapter, "DC50Xu Series", Model(s) B701y, B957y, C081y, C082y, C186y, C535y

Digital Transport Adapter, Model(s) DC50X

Distribution Network, Model(s) MDC1000-WWX-YYZ

HD Digital Transport Adapter, Model(s) DC60X, DC60Xu

High-Definition Digital Set-Top, Model(s) DC550D, DC702D, DC702X, PCRN150N, PCRN200N, PR150XXX ©, RNG 150 P2, RNG150N, RNG200N, TDC788D, TDC788X

Home Content Sharing Server, Model(s) DC900X

Set Top Box, Model(s) IPH8000 (P/Ns C7050483600 & D1053390700)*, IPH8000M(P/Ns D2483390500 & D2493390600)*

(B) - may include optional suffix -700

© - XXX can be up to 3 letters indicating changes to software or labeling only

(d) - x is any letter representing non-safety related programming or cosmetic changes.

* - Complementary Listing under Information Technology Equipment (NWGQ)

a - XXX represents alphanumeric characters used for cosmetic or software differences.

Don't know what to make of it, unless perhaps it was only a prototype in testing that never went into production like other items on this list.

#43 OFFLINE   LameLefty

LameLefty

I used to be a rocket scientist

• Registered
  • 12,099 posts
  • LocationMiddle Tennessee

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:30 PM

Yeah ...

Specifically from the "UL Online Certifications Directory."

(snipped)

Don't know what to make of it, unless perhaps it was only a prototype in testing that never went into production like other items on this list.

Such as the R23, I would gather. We know what was first shown at CES 2-1/2 years ago as the HMC30 is now marketed as the HR34, so there may also be some listings for things that have undergone name changes. So who knows?

"Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!"
Directv since 1997
Will Work for Beer

#44 OFFLINE   wahooq

wahooq

Icon

• Registered
  • 922 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 04:45 PM

I'm a Directv Tech and the HR 44 is coming soon

If you're actually a DTV Tech then you signed a confidentiality agreement regarding proprietary information and probably should be careful about what you are disclosing that hasn't been made public yet ....just sayin
My comments and opinions are my own and not necessarily those of DirecTV.

#45 OFFLINE   ndole

ndole

Problem Solver

• Registered
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 07:19 PM

If you're actually a DTV Tech then you signed a confidentiality agreement regarding proprietary information and probably should be careful about what you are disclosing that hasn't been made public yet ....just sayin

:rolling:
"He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else."

#46 OFFLINE   naijai

naijai

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:37 PM

Bad Bad Tech
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.
Winston Churchill

DIRECTV employee since May 2003.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views DO NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#47 OFFLINE   T-Mac

T-Mac

AllStar

• Registered
  • 92 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:29 AM

Based on my experience with the "flagship" HR34, the HR44 ought to be a useable and mostly bug-free product by 2018!

I "upgraded" to an HR34 in March as a new customer. Wish I had gotten a 24 instead. The 34 is slooowwwww, buggy, and unreliable.

Unless you need to record 5 shows at the same time on a regular basis, I would recommend anyone to get the 24.

#48 OFFLINE   codespy

codespy

Go Pack Go!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 714 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:56 PM

Based on my experience with the "flagship" HR34, the HR44 ought to be a useable and mostly bug-free product by 2018!

I "upgraded" to an HR34 in March as a new customer. Wish I had gotten a 24 instead. The 34 is slooowwwww, buggy, and unreliable.

Unless you need to record 5 shows at the same time on a regular basis, I would recommend anyone to get the 24.

I will agree with you on this...go with the 24. However besides buggy and slow, I do not see really any missed recordings, other than the first runs don't seem to record until another repeat showing days later. My wife has had it with that.

#49 OFFLINE   inf0z

inf0z

Legend

• Registered
  • 260 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:52 PM

Wireless eliminates the need to run a coax line to each room from the SWIM splitter, making for a much cleaner install and helps customers who are limited to where coax can be ran in the house. You just need one coax going to the server (receiver) the additional RVU TVs / RVU Clients would connect wirelessly to the server.
Installers who install in apartment buildings or rented homes can definatly see the benefit here as they don't have to run coax along the floor/baseboard throughout the whole apartment if the land lord specifies that no holes can be drilled in the walls. If a receiver of this nature was released I think it would be a good thing.

#50 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,847 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:15 PM

Wireless eliminates the need to run a coax line to each room from the SWIM splitter, making for a much cleaner install and helps customers who are limited to where coax can be ran in the house. You just need one coax going to the server (receiver) the additional RVU TVs / RVU Clients would connect wirelessly to the server.
Installers who install in apartment buildings or rented homes can definatly see the benefit here as they don't have to run coax along the floor/baseboard throughout the whole apartment if the land lord specifies that no holes can be drilled in the walls. If a receiver of this nature was released I think it would be a good thing.

This might end up more of a pipe dream than a working medium.
U-Who offers one WiFi receiver and while I got it to work [fairly well] I also saw/measured it's limitations too.
A.K.A VOS

#51 OFFLINE   VARTV

VARTV

Godfather

• Registered
  • 452 posts
  • LocationVirginia Beach, VA, USA

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:22 PM

I try to avoid wireless like the plague.

Amen. Everything that can be connected via ethernet (cat6) is (including all 6 HD receivers). Only laptops, smartphones and the Wii is wireless...

Robert F Corbin
VARTV.com | Virginia Media News & Information

With DirecTV since October 2004. My complete setup on 1/1/2013...

#52 OFFLINE   kevinturcotte

kevinturcotte

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,942 posts
  • LocationOutside Portland, ME

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:31 PM

Amen. Everything that can be connected via ethernet (cat6) is (including all 6 HD receivers). Only laptops, smartphones and the Wii is wireless...

Me too. You know, they make (Or did, but you can still get them on ebay and the like) a USB ethernet adapter for the Wii. I have one from when I had my Wii (Use an emulator now), and am hoping it still works with the Wii U.
I just don't like wireless. It's not as dependable as wired, and doesn't transfer as fast. Just say the HR34 communicated wirelessly to clients. If they're all streaming OTA MPEG-2, you're talking almost 60 Mbps. I know 802.11n is rated for 450 Mbps, but I'm lucky if I get 100 Mbps right next to it. Throw in a few walls, a floor, and my signal is almost non existent.

#53 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,847 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:28 PM

Me too. You know, they make (Or did, but you can still get them on ebay and the like) a USB ethernet adapter for the Wii. I have one from when I had my Wii (Use an emulator now), and am hoping it still works with the Wii U.
I just don't like wireless. It's not as dependable as wired, and doesn't transfer as fast. Just say the HR34 communicated wirelessly to clients. If they're all streaming OTA MPEG-2, you're talking almost 60 Mbps. I know 802.11n is rated for 450 Mbps, but I'm lucky if I get 100 Mbps right next to it. Throw in a few walls, a floor, and my signal is almost non existent.

At this point in time, I've dropped all cat5/6 cabling here. DECA and the WCCK, and all the computers are WiFi.
"Of course", I've done [and keep checking] a site survey, and tweaked my WiFi network, with my RF background.

"Can WiFi work?" Sure,
Will it work in every customer's home as well as it needs to? !rolling

I watch the U-Who ad and !rolling !rolling !rolling
A.K.A VOS

#54 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,028 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:30 PM

With present technology, I only can see a wireless connection to the router as a possibility.

But chip-wise, there is no reason why more powerful chips for memory & CPU can't be installed in the next model.

I mean graphically and functionality, the current HDGUI is still rather primitive compared to what can be done with larger chips.
DREW
Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR24-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#55 OFFLINE   Herdfan

Herdfan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:33 PM

"Can WiFi work?" Sure,
Will it work in every customer's home as well as it needs to? !rolling

I personally think my computers (Macs) are some of the best WiFi enabled computers available. And even they have had WiFi issues. And this is with Apple networking gear (Airport Extreme and Time Capsule). So if Apple can't even be 100% solid, no one can. IMHO and YMMV.

My Setup

Why can I get to the "Adult's Only" area faster than I can get to the "ToDo" List?  DirecTV, that is messed up!!!

#56 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,847 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:38 PM

I personally think my computers (Macs) are some of the best WiFi enabled computers available. And even they have had WiFi issues. And this is with Apple networking gear (Airport Extreme and Time Capsule). So if Apple can't even be 100% solid, no one can. IMHO and YMMV.

I've not going to knock Apple, but it doesn't matter who makes what, if there's a brick wall between the access point and the client.
A.K.A VOS

#57 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:42 PM

I've not going to knock Apple, but it doesn't matter who makes what, if there's a brick wall between the access point and the client.

Apples digital signal sues the other digital signals though for infringment and therefor gets priority so clearly if Apple can't do it no one can.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#58 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,847 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:53 PM

Apples digital signal sues the other digital signals though for infringment and therefor gets priority so clearly if Apple can't do it no one can.

:lol:

U-Who uses a N access point @ 5 GHz, with the gateway WiFi @ 2.4 GHz.
"Proper placement" of the access point and nothing else using the 5 GHz band is a workable solution.
The idea of one main server streaming WiFi HD all over the home isn't very realistic.
A.K.A VOS

#59 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:59 PM

:lol:

U-Who uses a N access point @ 5 GHz, with the gateway WiFi @ 2.4 GHz.
"Proper placement" of the access point and nothing else using the 5 GHz band is a workable solution.
The idea of one main server streaming WiFi HD all over the home isn't very realistic.

I wonder what db their antenna's are for that if they really think it would work through out a 2 story home. I thought they just installed extenders in the house where they measured a certain signal loss.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#60 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,847 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:05 PM

I wonder what db their antenna's are for that if they really think it would work through out a 2 story home. I thought they just installed extenders in the house where they measured a certain signal loss.

Cisco makes them. A 2 story home might work with what's commonly used for flooring and the access point close in the floor below.
Figure there wouldn't be much hope with a concrete floor.

As I said, I laugh each time I see one of their ads about taking the receiver anywhere around the house to watch TV. "It's an ad", so it doesn't need to be "real", but just get the idea across.
A.K.A VOS

Protected By... spam firewall...And...