Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

New Direct TV. Home DVR Hr 44

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
111 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   dielray

dielray

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 234 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:00 AM

If you're actually a DTV Tech then you signed a confidentiality agreement regarding proprietary information and probably should be careful about what you are disclosing that hasn't been made public yet ....just sayin

I've never signed any agreement with DirecTV, outside of account programming. However, I don't disclose anything that says proprietary or confidential like the document he's referring to unless it is already common knowledge (I would know about it just by reading this forum) because it just isn't right to do. I find it funny he created an account just to post that though, especially to make such a claim as coming soon.

On to topic, as a tech wireless RVU would scare me. I'd be concerned that it would once again increase the number of potential problems in the system, as well as be an excuse to pay the techs less.

As a customer, I love the idea. Rearrange the living room or move it from one bedroom to another and not have to worry about running another jack or having a cable across the floor. If they could get a wireless client powered off the TV's USB port, even better!

Edited by dielray, 24 August 2012 - 06:07 AM.

DirecTV Technician
My thoughts and opinions are my own, and do not necessarily represent those of DirecTV, my HSP, or anyone else.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#62 OFFLINE   tomspeer46

tomspeer46

Legend

• Registered
  • 169 posts
  • LocationEastern NC and Adirondack Mtns, NY

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:14 AM

FWIW:

There was firmware for the HR44-700 in the download stream in the early morning hours of 10/13/2012. At least one is being tested.

The Avatar is my curious neighborhood Otter.
My setup

#63 OFFLINE   wingrider01

wingrider01

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:52 PM

At this point in time, I've dropped all cat5/6 cabling here. DECA and the WCCK, and all the computers are WiFi.
"Of course", I've done [and keep checking] a site survey, and tweaked my WiFi network, with my RF background.

"Can WiFi work?" Sure,
Will it work in every customer's home as well as it needs to? !rolling

I watch the U-Who ad and !rolling !rolling !rolling

will only use wifi as a last resort for computers, including laptops. Went a little overboard on the wireing plant when my house was remodeled and added to - full Cat 6E, directv outlets to all rooms with a central wiring cabinet. Only thing that uses wifi is the tablets and the smartphones

#64 ONLINE   lzhj9k

lzhj9k

Legend

• Registered
  • 156 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:07 PM

FWIW:

There was firmware for the HR44-700 in the download stream in the early morning hours of 10/13/2012. At least one is being tested.

As of 11-2 there is software spooling for an HR44-500 in addition to the HR44-700. Hmmmmm.

Humax for the -500 and Pace for the -700

Edited by lzhj9k, 02 November 2012 - 03:23 PM.

Mike

HR-34  HR-23  H25  2-C31 Clients and 1 C41 Client

#65 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,321 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:09 PM

Well of course there is... there's always something on the horizon. But I doubt it's far enough along that we can really talk about it here.

And how about now Stuart? That was back in Jan. and we are now in November. Anything changed to where you can talk about it now?
Directv & Sunday Ticket Sub Since 8/19/2008
HR24-200 Leased, HR24-200 Owned, R22-200 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR34-700 Leased. 5 LNB Setup W/SWM 16 Switch
Sony KDL-46HX800

#66 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,698 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:22 PM

And how about now Stuart? That was back in Jan. and we are now in November. Anything changed to where you can talk about it now?

Probably not until its announced at CES in January.

#67 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,834 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

I can tell you that the firmware monitor has something called an HR44... that's about the extent of public knowledge.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#68 OFFLINE   Beckzilla

Beckzilla

Legend

• Registered
  • 173 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:10 PM

Based on my experience with the "flagship" HR34, the HR44 ought to be a useable and mostly bug-free product by 2018!

I "upgraded" to an HR34 in March as a new customer. Wish I had gotten a 24 instead. The 34 is slooowwwww, buggy, and unreliable.

Unless you need to record 5 shows at the same time on a regular basis, I would recommend anyone to get the 24.

I agree totally with this statement. I got a HR-34 a few weeks ago to replace my HR-24 and the 34 is slower in changing channels to the point it is irritating. Also RF does not work any better either. Not excited about this purchase at all. I was under the impression that in this age of advanced electronics that we were supposed to progress with each upgrade, not regress. Let's concentrate more on getting the current product working properly before going to the next. IMHO
HR-34-Living room
Sony 60" TV
(3) Sony 42"ers
Sony 34"
Sony 24"
Denon AVR-3805 Receiver w/ (4) Infinity 200 watt speakers, (4) Infinity Surround Speakers and one Infinity subwoofer

#69 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,487 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

I agree totally with this statement. I got a HR-34 a few weeks ago to replace my HR-24 and the 34 is slower in changing channels to the point it is irritating. Also RF does not work any better either. Not excited about this purchase at all. I was under the impression that in this age of advanced electronics that we were supposed to progress with each upgrade, not regress. Let's concentrate more on getting the current product working properly before going to the next. IMHO

Do you have Native on or off? If its on, try off.

#70 OFFLINE   Datagg

Datagg

Legend

• Registered
  • 247 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:47 PM

I just had a visit from my Direct TV Service Technician because I was having a problem with one of my older HD receivers. I asked him about the new HR34
He said when they went for their training film on it that the film displayed that it would be wireless however they changed their mind. He also said that the HR44 is now in testing and is wireless but he did not know when it would be ready for subscribers. Does anyone have any information about this?

Thanks

My installer said same thing, he didn't mention HR44, yet eluded to a wireless unit coming out and c31's will be replaced next year with c35's.... So you hearing that from an installer, plus me, i believe it. I'm having so many issues with my HR34 im ready to toss it off a roof. He also mentioned we are beta testers for the "Genie", they have there own dedicated department for the "Genie"... almost was like he was trying to talk me out of switching from my HR24. On many fronts i should have listened.

#71 OFFLINE   Froderick

Froderick

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:59 PM

Question would be wireless what? Wireless HDMI, wireless to the DECA cloud? He probably is blowing smoke, but would be interesting.

Wireless is the connection from the router to the receiver no longer requiring a BBDeca or Wireless Deca.

#72 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,784 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:58 PM

Wireless is the connection from the router to the receiver no longer requiring a BBDeca or Wireless Deca.

Sounds like you have some inside info. Anything else you can share with us?

#73 OFFLINE   Froderick

Froderick

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:29 AM

Sounds like you have some inside info. Anything else you can share with us?

Oh I'm just spitballin':nono:

#74 OFFLINE   Rockaway1836

Rockaway1836

Godfather

• Registered
  • 419 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:23 PM

Was just poking around and came across this

http://certification...hp?cid=WFA16894

#75 OFFLINE   damondlt

damondlt

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,835 posts
  • LocationWanye County PA

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:32 PM

Was just poking around and came across this

http://certification...hp?cid=WFA16894

With the projected 2013 price increase, I'm not so sure this is a good or bad thing? I hope its a 8 tuner receiver that serves 4 rooms with no rooms fees.:)

DIRECTV Since 5/13/2012:

Living room      Master Bedroom        Bedroom 2            Bedroom 3       Office/Bedroom 4      

HR34-700  /  C31-700  /  HR24-500 / HR23-700  /  H25-100 

Slimline 5 / SWiM 16 / Premier / MLB EI  / MRV

Blue Ridge Cable Networked 30-3 Mbps 

#76 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,487 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:58 PM

I think someone had said it was a three tuner box.

#77 OFFLINE   JBv

JBv

Godfather

• Registered
  • 798 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:53 PM

I think someone had said it was a three tuner box.

I did hear that...from this site.
I can't picture D* going back in features...my speculation (besides wireless which this pretty much confirms) is if an HR34 will stream to three TVs perhaps an HR44 will stream to four?
Although we'll probably have a pretty good idea exactly what the HR44/C35 combo do come CES2013!

Edit: not to say the info on this site is bad, half of the time the reason I know things before anyone else is DBStalk. A couple of weeks ago (month?) I mentioned the HR44 to someone due to it being on the firmware tracker and was scoffed at. A couple of days later "So yeah that HR44? You were right" :lol:
DirecTV Employee
The postings on this site are my own and do not represent DirecTV's positions, strategies, or opinions.

#78 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,487 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:20 PM

One thing I can pretty much guarantee, whatever the 44 is, we'll have a first look with pictures before you can actually get one. If history is any indication.

#79 OFFLINE   JBv

JBv

Godfather

• Registered
  • 798 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:39 AM

One thing I can pretty much guarantee, whatever the 44 is, we'll have a first look with pictures before you can actually get one. If history is any indication.

+2!
DirecTV Employee
The postings on this site are my own and do not represent DirecTV's positions, strategies, or opinions.

#80 OFFLINE   Mike Greer

Mike Greer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,612 posts
  • LocationSalt Lake City, Utah

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:49 AM

Hopefully that is coming up soon!

spam firewall