Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

BUG REPORT: Inability to tune to off-air HD channels when recording DISH channels

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   wileadams

wileadams

Mentor

• Registered
  • 29 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 05:53 PM

I noticed that when I set a timer to record a DISH Network HD channel and then tried to change to an off-air station, it immediately informed me that I needed to be in Live Mode. But only one timer was set. So, I tried changing to another DISH channel and was able to do that and then was able to tune to an off-air station. Kind of a round about way of doing it.
Wil Adams
Bloomington, IN

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt

Your Neighborhood Liasion

• Registered
  • 12,527 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 06:37 PM

Please post your software version, boot strap and flash version when posting bug reports.

Did you run into this AFTER the timer fired and was recording, or BEFORE?
Mark Lamutt
markdl@dbstalk.com
Your DBSTalk.Com Community Liaison to Dish Network

#3 OFFLINE   wileadams

wileadams

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 29 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 10:23 PM

Sorry about that. I did this after the timer fired and had let the unit sit on the channel. I tried to do this again and could replicate it. However, if I changed the channel prior to the timer firing, it does not exhibit the behavior. If I turn off the receiver without first changing the channel, it has the same behavior of wanting you to go to Live Mode when you turn it on and try to change the channel while the timer is running.

Boot Version: 120B
Flash Version: F051
SW Version: L142HECD-N
Wil Adams
Bloomington, IN

#4 OFFLINE   Nashcat

Nashcat

Legend

• Registered
  • 127 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 07:56 PM

It appears that this problem is with your 721?

#5 OFFLINE   Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt

Your Neighborhood Liasion

• Registered
  • 12,527 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 07:59 PM

Everything in this forum is related to the 921. If it affects the 721 as well, then that's because the 921 is based on the 721 operating system. But 721 discussion belongs in the Dish DVR forum, not here.
Mark Lamutt
markdl@dbstalk.com
Your DBSTalk.Com Community Liaison to Dish Network

#6 OFFLINE   tahoerob

tahoerob

Godfather

• Registered
  • 422 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 08:04 PM

I had a similar bug with my 921.
I was tuned to HD channel, pressed record. Went to guide to change to another channel (thus second tuner) but got same must be in live mode do you want to stop recording type message.
The changing of tuners works fine for SD channels with record\change.
If I start out with a SD channel & record, it will let me change to a HD channel but not vice versa.

Boot Version: 120B
Flash Version: F051
SW Version: L142HECD-N

Protected By... spam firewall...And...