Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Locals in HD - Bakersfield DMA 125

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Maruuk

Maruuk

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:15 AM

No HD LILs in the Monterey-Salinas market either. And none scheduled. Thanks a pantload D*!

Is there some announcement page that isn't years old where they list the upcoming HD LIL DMAs?

Edited by Maruuk, 30 January 2012 - 02:49 AM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   antzona

antzona

AllStar

• Registered
  • 57 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:38 PM

Hey, Bakersfield made the list on Directv's site again! In early 2009 we made the list, and it said March 2009. Of course, we disappeared from the list before February and haven't heard a word since from KGB-like offices of Directv in El Segundo. Now the list says Bakersfield- 2012! Could they be more vague? At least it doesn't say "At some point before the world ends in December". So, at some point in the next ten months, only four years after we could have had our locals in HD via cable or Dish, we MIGHT have them provided by Directv. I'll believe it when i see it on my tv. I can get rid of the RadioShack antenna on my counter, and possibly get a newer box from Directv that has more disc space, since I won't have to worry about OTA inputs. It will feel good to join the rest of the US in the 2000s and watch ABC, CBS, and NBC in HD.

#23 OFFLINE   Wisegoat

Wisegoat

Icon

• Registered
  • 803 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:51 PM

HD locals coming to Bakersfield this year

Any word on Lansing?

I'm hoping for Fargo ND

Yes to those as well

Please tell me that Eugene, OR (DMA 118) will get ours this year as well. I am losing a ton of refer-a-friend discounts as well as suffering with with screwy OTA reception (transmitters here are about 180 degrees apart from each other). Eugene is the second largest DMA without HD Locals. If Lansing gets theirs, we will be the largest. The wife is sick of looking at rabbit ears and having to record shows on both the OTA and SD channels, cause OTA is not always working and we lose shows. It should not be that hard. We only have 5 HD channels here: The Big 4 and PBS. You know they are already receiving the HD version and downconverting them to SD.

#24 OFFLINE   de_runner

de_runner

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 48 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:03 PM

Please tell me that Eugene, OR (DMA 118) will get ours this year as well. I am losing a ton of refer-a-friend discounts as well as suffering with with screwy OTA reception (transmitters here are about 180 degrees apart from each other). Eugene is the second largest DMA without HD Locals. If Lansing gets theirs, we will be the largest. The wife is sick of looking at rabbit ears and having to record shows on both the OTA and SD channels, cause OTA is not always working and we lose shows. It should not be that hard. We only have 5 HD channels here: The Big 4 and PBS. You know they are already receiving the HD version and downconverting them to SD.

According to DirecTV's web site Eugene is scheduled for 2012.
<http://www.directv.c...t/hd/hd_locals>

#25 OFFLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:45 PM

This just posted on the DIRECTV Website. DMA's with HD Locals to be provided in 2012:

Bakersfield CA - 2012
Bend OR - 2012
Columbus-Tupelo-West Point MS - 2012
Corpus Christi TX - 2012
Duluth MN-Superior WI - 2012
Eugene OR - 2012
Fargo-Valley City ND - 2012
Lafayette LA - 2012
Lansing MI - 2012
Laredo TX - 2012
Lima OH - 2012
Medford-Klamath Falls OR - 2012
Monterey-Salinas CA - 2012
Rochester MN-Mason City IA-Austin MN - 2012
Topeka KS - 2012
Twin Falls ID - 2012
Wilmington ND - 2012

#26 OFFLINE   Baldmaga

Baldmaga

Godfather

• Registered
  • 440 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:35 AM

OH MY GOODNESS

Lafayette is ON THE LIST IT MUST BE A MIRACLE. Of course with the world ending in 2012 it doesnt mean much, NOW DOES IT?

#27 OFFLINE   antzona

antzona

AllStar

• Registered
  • 57 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:27 PM

I am waiting for them to update the list with more specific dates.

I am thinking they will all say December 22, 2012...

#28 OFFLINE   Maruuk

Maruuk

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:41 PM

Thanks gct, great news for us long-sufferers in the Monterey-Salinas DMA!

#29 OFFLINE   de_runner

de_runner

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 48 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:29 PM

HD locals coming to Bakersfield this year

Thx Satelliteracer! Any update of when in 2012 Bakersfield locals in HD will launch?

#30 OFFLINE   antzona

antzona

AllStar

• Registered
  • 57 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:47 PM

Thx Satelliteracer! Any update of when in 2012 Bakersfield locals in HD will launch?

I know we'll miss the Olympics. I am pretty sure we'll be amongst the last few markets in the US to get our locals in HD. Dish Network has had them for three years.

#31 OFFLINE   zztinker

zztinker

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:25 PM

Dish is in HD in Bakersfield

#32 OFFLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:06 PM

Folks,

Here's the link to the TPN Map Excel that is updated weekly:

http://www.dbstalk.c...419#post2994419

In the Excel is a tab 'LIL Markets'. All the information on Local Markets is there.

We know what markets are slated to go HD LIL in 2012, but we do not have specific dates. Just hang on ....

#33 OFFLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:15 AM

No HD LILs in the Monterey-Salinas market either. And none scheduled. Thanks a pantload D*!

Is there some announcement page that isn't years old where they list the upcoming HD LIL DMAs?

Maruuk -

It is time for you to start practicing your touchdown dance. You have a whole lot of NFL football -- in HD -- in your future.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...