Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Samsung TV quality?

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#101 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

I was just looking at the Panasonic website and the ST60s are out. I can assume that the GT60s and VT60s are soon to follow.

There are no GT60's this year.
DTV = Digital Television

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#102 OFFLINE   Juanus

Juanus

Legend

• Registered
  • 184 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

I must be the only one that is not in the know about these Panasonic Plasmas. When are the VT60s coming out?

#103 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,342 posts
  • LocationGalactic Empire

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

The ZT series is the bomb now.

FAITH: I find the lack of it disturbing.

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

#104 OFFLINE   Juanus

Juanus

Legend

• Registered
  • 184 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

and just when you think that you are getting up to speed... someone blows right past you. What else should I know? I am looking at 65' (or bigger if possible) Plasma. I was trying to stay around 2k. I know that I probably cant get the VT or the ZT at that price, hence why I was looking at the 65GT50. But I might be able to scrape up 500 more.

#105 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,342 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

Check out this forum for more info on deals for the 65VT series:

http://www.avsforum....0#post_22868466

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

#106 OFFLINE   satcrazy

satcrazy

Icon

• Registered
  • 747 posts
  • LocationGreat lakes, NW Pa.

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:44 PM

The ZT series is the bomb now.

Didn't find anything on avs, do you have a link for this?

#107 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,342 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

It doesn't have its own thread on AVS Forums because the ZT isn't yet publicly available, I'm guessing, but here are some sources for it:

http://www.avforums....-zt-series.html

http://asia.cnet.com...up-62220029.htm

http://www2.panasoni...072013040339024

#108 OFFLINE   satcrazy

satcrazy

Icon

• Registered
  • 747 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

http://www.electroni...gory/13917/1807

Thanks. here's a side by side, vt/zt.

Maybe it's me, but probably not worth the extra dough.

#109 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,342 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

Which is why I'd stick with the VT series. They're selling for ~ $2400 to $2500 these days.

#110 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,930 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:54 AM

I am sorry, I got lost somewhere. Are you saying the the models at Costco and Sams and other big box type stores are not the exact same models that you would normally get? If that is so, that changes my entire buying philosophy. This would explain why they can sell them so cheap.

Not all the models are for big box stores. Didn't mean that. Some of them are, some are the same models you can buy anywhere. The Sony I looked at was one of the "specialty" TVs. The best way to tell is to go to the manufacturer's website and search for the model numbers.

I haven't bought a TV at Costco in years. When 6th Ave was still in business, they sold the proper models at less than Costco was selling the "special" TVs. I had to do a bit of haggling to get the lower prices, something else you can't do at Costco. The latest Panny plasma I bought I got from Amazon and got it cheaper than Costco was selling it for. No taxes, white glove delivery, set up in the house, free shipping.

Rich

#111 OFFLINE   satcrazy

satcrazy

Icon

• Registered
  • 747 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:44 PM

Amazon is pretty amazing.

I got mine from there as well.

Unfortunately for me the greedy govenor has decided my state will now have to collect tax from Amazon, so that incentive is gone.

Don't hesitate to do business with Amazon though, it was a good experience for me.:)

#112 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,930 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:54 AM

Amazon is pretty amazing.

I got mine from there as well.

Unfortunately for me the greedy govenor has decided my state will now have to collect tax from Amazon, so that incentive is gone.

Don't hesitate to do business with Amazon though, it was a good experience for me.:)

Don't recall ever having a bad experience with Amazon.

Rich

#113 OFFLINE   winman97

winman97

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:50 PM

I believe one of the reasons for unique model numbers in stores is for price matching. Walmart only price matches exact model numbers.

A big reason that manufacturers produce ever so slight different models within the same series has a lot to do with the sales and marketing aspect. Store "BB" says they will price match any ad from any store PLUS 10% of the difference. OH Great, you say, their price is the best and they're taking care of me. The truth is that the sale model is unique to that retailer only. A quick glance at the model at retailer "BB" and the apparent same model at retailer "CC" and store "WW" shows them to be the same size and and series. But look close...one model has 3 hdmi inputs and the other has 2; or one model has optical audio out and the other has coxial output. Therefore these slight model differences require a different model number and of course, no price match plus 10% allowed. This practice holds true for TVs, computers,printerts, etc. Having said all this, if you find a good deal on a certain brand of TV, computer, etc, and the only difference is a bell or whistle, go ahead and get it, knowing that the major components and board within the product are basically identical.:eek2:

#114 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:06 PM

...they are not producing unique models for wholesale retailers vs traditional retailers. They are the same displays with a slight variation in the model numbers. Display manufacturers have one product line for all retail partners. The only difference would variations in North American, European, and/or Asian retail markets.
DTV = Digital Television

Protected By... spam firewall...And...