Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Good news. Sprout remaining for current customers

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,036 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:27 PM

We're pleased to have found a solution that enables customers who have Sprout to keep it in their programming package after February 9th. New customers coming onto the platform will need to subscribe to the Ultimate Package to get Sprout after that date. We are always evaluating our programming so we may provide more choice and at the same time manage rising programming costs on behalf of all of our customers. It was never our intention to remove Sprout from our service.

So those of you who have it now, you will keep it in the package you have.
DIRECTV employee

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,088 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:33 PM

Sounds like an interesting situation. So there will be a channel difference in the same package.

#3 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:35 PM

Sounds like an interesting situation. So there will be a channel difference in the same package.

Choice Xtra will become a grandfathered package after Feb 9th, so new customers will not be able to subscribe to it. I would guess from the announcement, it will remain in Choice Xtra Classic, but not be included in the new Choice Xtra. ??

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#4 OFFLINE   Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,036 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:39 PM

Correct Daven
DIRECTV employee

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#5 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,088 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:41 PM

Ok, thats true. I'm going to have to get used to the packages and all the changes.

#6 OFFLINE   detroit_fan

detroit_fan

Legend

• Registered
  • 119 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:47 PM

great news!

#7 OFFLINE   Avder

Avder

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:55 PM

What about cloo? Same deal with that one? Cause Ive got the old plus HD+DVR package.

#8 OFFLINE   detroit_fan

detroit_fan

Legend

• Registered
  • 119 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:19 AM

What about cloo? Same deal with that one? Cause Ive got the old plus HD+DVR package.

that's the package i have too.

#9 OFFLINE   kevinturcotte

kevinturcotte

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,942 posts
  • LocationOutside Portland, ME

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:38 AM

So what are the packages going to be called after Feb 9?

#10 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:45 AM

So what are the packages going to be called after Feb 9?

From what I have read, to summarize:

Family
Select (only available from retention)
Select -No longer available after Feb 9th
Entertainment - New
Choice
Choice Extra Classic (previously Choice Extra or Total Choice Plus) - No longer available
Choice Extra (less channels than previous Choice Extra) - New
Choice Ultimate
Premier

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#11 OFFLINE   kevinturcotte

kevinturcotte

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,942 posts
  • LocationOutside Portland, ME

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:46 AM

What is select and entertainment?

#12 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:55 AM

There are two of them with slightly different lineups. One is available from retention to keep you from canceling, the other is available for $44.95 but will be canceled Feb 9th.

Entertainment is a replacement for select, but will be about $10 more. Channel lineups have not been announced for Entertainment yet.

SELECT lineup (the one they are canceling in two weeks) is available here:
http://www.dbstalk.c...152#post2755152

#13 OFFLINE   HGuardian

HGuardian

Godfather

• Registered
  • 429 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:09 AM

From what I have read, to summarize:

Family
Select (only available from retention)
Select -No longer available after Feb 9th
Entertainment - New
Choice
Choice Extra Classic (previously Choice Extra or Total Choice Plus) - No longer available
Choice Extra (less channels than previous Choice Extra) - New
Choice Ultimate
Premier

Can't wait until I have to call Directv every time I want to add new programming instead of adding it online. Hopefully they'll change that annoying issue.

#14 OFFLINE   Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,036 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:10 AM

Can't wait until I have to call Directv every time I want to add new programming instead of adding it online. Hopefully they'll change that annoying issue.

You can add new programming online today. You can't downgrade certain programming like Premiums, but that is the exception.
DIRECTV employee

#15 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:26 AM

You can add new programming online today. You can't downgrade certain programming like Premiums, but that is the exception.

I think he meant from grandfathered packages.

#16 OFFLINE   HGuardian

HGuardian

Godfather

• Registered
  • 429 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 11:14 AM

I think he meant from grandfathered packages.

Yup.

#17 OFFLINE   fireponcoal

fireponcoal

Icon

• Registered
  • 717 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 11:25 AM

My one and a half year old son thanks you( as do I)...

#18 ONLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,344 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:30 AM

Just got this email from DirecTV:

We wanted to provide an important follow up regarding the Sprout channel e-mail message you received on Tuesday. We're pleased to have found a solution that enables current customers who have Sprout to keep it in their programming package after February 8th. An upgrade to the CHOICE ULTIMATE package is not required by current customers.

New customers coming on to the DIRECTV service after February 8th will need to subscribe to the CHOICE ULTIMATE package to view the Sprout channel.

At DIRECTV, we strive to bring you the best entertainment experience available. We are always evaluating our programming so we may provide more choice and at the same time manage rising programming costs on behalf of all of our customers. It was never our intention to remove Sprout from our service.

Thank you for your time and for being a valued member of the DIRECTV family.

Sincerely,

DIRECTV

#19 OFFLINE   LI-SVT

LI-SVT

Icon

• Registered
  • 648 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:35 AM

Thank you Directv.

Ultimate plus movie channels

One Genie

Two HR21P