Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bills

bills

Legend

• Registered
  • 112 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:09 AM

question? i am on my third 922 and have ask to downgrade to a 722k,dish dosent have any 722k. they ask me to take a 722, i think that one is not made any more. i told the csr i will wait and call back another time. my 922 freez's up all the time now just like the other two did it has to be a software issue.any thoughts?

Edited by bills, 28 January 2012 - 10:10 AM.
spelling

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   garygaryj

garygaryj

AllStar

• Registered
  • 76 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 11:42 AM

question?....my 922 freez's up all the time now just like the other two did it has to be a software issue.any thoughts?

I think you need to present more information about your set-up. Please fully explain the basics of your set-up regarding the 922:
- where it is placed (ie. closed cabinet, open air)
- how it is connected to AC power (directly in 3-prong grounded socket? through some kind of AC surge protector?)
- how it is connected to TV1 (HDMI cable, RCA cables)
- how it is connected to internet & speed of internet
- what version of software is showing (hit menu twice)
- what update time is set? does it update?
- what are the temperature readings? (Settings > Diagnostics > page down almost to bottom)
- do you do soft red-button resets when you have problems?
- do you do hard disconnect AC power resets when you have problems?
- have you tried temporarily connecting the 922 to another AC power section of the home with a long heavy-duty 3-prong extension cord?
- have you considered having the power quality tested at the location where you have the 922 plugged-in. Your AC power supplier may be convinced to help you test this if you explain your situation of multiple sophisticated electronic hardware failures. Otherwise, a good electrician with a fancy power quality tester.
- I would add one other thing... if you have any other hardware or software running with the 922, please state what it is. Anything that is unusual or extra.
- One thing I forgot and now adding on edit - makes & model #'s of TV, receiver, and any other equipment involved... very helpful.

Answering these may help myself or someone else to give you better feedback than just flying blind. As you can maybe tell, I am prone lately to think that there are many instances of replacing a 922 multiple times - but the odds are really fairly unlikely to receive so many bad 922's in a row. That's when would start looking at what is wrong with the external power and other connections.

Edited by garygaryj, 28 January 2012 - 06:59 PM.
added point to bullet list

#3 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:49 PM

As gary syggested we need more info, but given you are on your third you migt want to look externally for a possible cause. check your connections, heat, ande power. other thanthat need to know more about the problem before weiging in on a cause
<strong class='bbc'>New Member of the 9K club & 922/612 User<br /></strong><span style='font-size: 8px;'>"A release is not a release until it is released." - Me. <br />"To the true believer, no proof is necessary. To the non believer, no proof is sufficient." - Peter James (Derived from a Stewert Chase Quote)</span>

Protected By... spam firewall...And...