Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

UFC Season Ticket

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   StarClout

StarClout

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:28 PM

I think the best you'll get with that is what they've done in the past with preordering 3 or 4 and saving $15-$20.

Sadly I think this is as good as it will get. With the varying quality of the events and as had been mentioned, many people wouldn't bite on this if they didn't have a way to cancel if they later decide that it isn't for them or if it isn't worth it cause they feel they're not getting their moneys worth out of it

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   zimm7778

zimm7778

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:24 PM

Sadly I think this is as good as it will get. With the varying quality of the events and as had been mentioned, many people wouldn't bite on this if they didn't have a way to cancel if they later decide that it isn't for them or if it isn't worth it cause they feel they're not getting their moneys worth out of it

I used to be a wrestling fan and I know there are events that are the biggest of the year and when they are. Are their events like that in UFC that you know year in and year out that months show is a big one? I ask this because I could foresee something where you can preorder at a discount maybe 6 shows a year. However maybe you can only order 1 or 2 of the biggest ones and the others will need to be the lower interest ones.

#23 OFFLINE   FenixTX

FenixTX

Godfather

• Registered
  • 461 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:44 PM

I used to be a wrestling fan and I know there are events that are the biggest of the year and when they are. Are their events like that in UFC that you know year in and year out that months show is a big one? I ask this because I could foresee something where you can preorder at a discount maybe 6 shows a year. However maybe you can only order 1 or 2 of the biggest ones and the others will need to be the lower interest ones.

Super Bowl weekend, Memorial Day weekend, Fourth of July weekend and at the end of the year. Those four happen every year at those dates.
Go Big Red!!!

#24 OFFLINE   detroit_fan

detroit_fan

Legend

• Registered
  • 119 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:47 PM

I would say 4th of July, New Years eve and Super Bowl weekend are probably the biggest UFC's, but with MMA you have so many injuries (in training) that it's hard to tell who will be fighting. Guys get hurt pretty often within a couple weeks of a fight and sometimes even a day or 2 before, so the cards generally end up different than they were originally announced.

#25 OFFLINE   prushing

prushing

Godfather

• Registered
  • 334 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:58 PM

The UFC PPV numbers are not great. A great PPV is close to 1 million buys. This would be great if they priced it similar to NFLST and gave you access to all PPVs. If you leave DTV, you lose it, you can't cancel, etc.

I would say most UFC fans don't buy all the cards, most likely the average is closer to 2-3 PPVs per year. Doing this would guarantee a number of viewers for the PPV, most likely that would be higher than average. The UFC could then raise their ad price.

#26 OFFLINE   zimm7778

zimm7778

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:22 PM

The UFC PPV numbers are not great. A great PPV is close to 1 million buys. This would be great if they priced it similar to NFLST and gave you access to all PPVs. If you leave DTV, you lose it, you can't cancel, etc.

I would say most UFC fans don't buy all the cards, most likely the average is closer to 2-3 PPVs per year. Doing this would guarantee a number of viewers for the PPV, most likely that would be higher than average. The UFC could then raise their ad price.

Ok but what's average. I know when I gave up on wrestling the average was about 150K-200K for most of WWE and I think TNA was about 20,000. Those were big enough numbers to keep them doing more. Obviously the more you do the lower the number of buys is going to be for each.

#27 OFFLINE   detroit_fan

detroit_fan

Legend

• Registered
  • 119 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:45 PM

1mill is an unrealistic ppv rate for the UFC. With the exception of Lesnar and GSP no one really pulls close to that. Rampage and Evans did close to a mill, but that was an exception for them. They are really happy with the last ppv buy rate which appears to be 400K. From what I have read anything over 150K-200K buys is all profit. Here are last years top draws-

1. Jon Jones
UFC card headliner: 3 times
UFC 128 Pay-per-View buys: 445,000
UFC 135 Pay-per-View buys: 475,000
UFC 140 Pay-per-View buys: 480,000
--> Total: 1 400 000
Boxing comparison: Manny Pacquiao vs. Juan Manuel Marquez III (2011): 1 450 000

2. Anderson Silva
UFC card headliner: 2 times
UFC 126 Pay-per-View buys: 725,000
UFC 134 Pay-per-View buys: 335,000
--> Total: 1 060 000
Boxing comparison: Floyd Mayweather vs. Juan Manuel Márquez (2009): 1,050,000

3. Quinton Jackson
UFC 130 Pay-per-View buys: 325,000
UFC 135 Pay-per-View buys: 475,000
--> Total: 800 000
Boxing comparison: Ricky Hatton vs. Manny Pacquiao (2009): 850 000

3. Georges St-Pierre
UFC card headliner: 1 time
UFC 129 Pay-per-View buys: 800,000
--> Total: 800 000
Boxing comparison: David Haye vs. Nikolai Valuev (2009): 800 000 (UK PPV only)

4. Maurício Rua
UFC 128 Pay-per-View buys: 445,000
UFC 139 Pay-per-View buys: 270,000
--> Total: 715 000
Boxing comparison: Manny Pacquiao vs. Joshua Clottey (2010): 700 000

5. B.J. Penn
UFC 127 Pay-per-View buys: 260,000
UFC 137 Pay-per-View buys: 280,000
--> Total: 540 000
Boxing comparison: Miguel Cotto vs. Antonio Margarito II (2011): 600 000

6. Frankie Edgar
UFC 125 Pay-per-View buys: 270,000
UFC 136 Pay-per-View buys: 225,000
--> Total: 495 000
Boxing comparison: Manny Pacquiao vs. Juan Manuel Marquez II (2008): 400 000

Also, I think you are underestimating how many ppv the average UFC fans buys. The casual fan may pick and chose a card here and there, but MMA's fan base for the most part is very loyal, and even a crappy card can still pull 250K almost guaranteed. I know I have never missed a ppv in at least 7-8 years.

spam firewall