Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Spartacus: Vengeance

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   SPACEMAKER

SPACEMAKER

Freethinker

• Registered
  • 3,178 posts
  • LocationMason, MI

Posted 30 January 2012 - 03:03 PM

I thought the first episode was strong considering how much needed to be done to set up the season. Liam McIntyre seems a good choice as Andy Whitfield's replacement. I'm looking forward to seeing how the rest of the season plays out.

Living Room:
Sony KDL-55EX720
HR44-700
AM21
Sony BDP-S360 Networked
Bedroom:
Sony KDL-40EX720
HR24-200
Sony DVP-NS75H

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   bflora

bflora

Legend

• Registered
  • 132 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 03:23 PM

Having the Lucy Lawless character survive her wound is totally ridiculous, though I do enjoy her character.

#3 OFFLINE   SPACEMAKER

SPACEMAKER

Freethinker

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,178 posts
  • LocationMason, MI

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:48 PM

Having the Lucy Lawless character survive her wound is totally ridiculous, though I do enjoy her character.

Yeah that's where I really had to suspend disbelief more than usual. But now that it's out there I'll be able to move on from it. I'm just glad we get another couple of months of episodes each Friday. As someone who is at an age where I enjoy staying home on Friday evenings this is a good thing. haha

Living Room:
Sony KDL-55EX720
HR44-700
AM21
Sony BDP-S360 Networked
Bedroom:
Sony KDL-40EX720
HR24-200
Sony DVP-NS75H

#4 OFFLINE   Galaxie6411

Galaxie6411

Icon

• Registered
  • 610 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:33 PM

I thought she'd be a ghost/vision character or in some kind of flashbacks, was really surprised to see her alive as well. I was a little lost at times, working on the computer at the same time didn't help.

#5 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,828 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:48 PM

I love the show. I just wish they'd stop changing the name of the show every year!

This year wasn't called "Spartacus: Vengeance" until recently too.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#6 OFFLINE   Drew2k

Drew2k

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,718 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:57 PM

I like some of the new characters: Gaius is now joined by his ally Marcus, and looks like the new character Settius will not be happy that Gauis is back in Capua.

I enjoy the show and I know the blood in slo-mo arcing in the air and splattering the "camera" is their signature, but it gets tiring. Wouldn't mind seeing that fade away, but I doubt I'll get my wish.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...