Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Will A 722k Replaced With A 722k?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Jim148

Jim148

Godfather

• Registered
  • 319 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:33 PM

I am still having trouble with my 722k. If I request a replacement, am I still at risk that they may send a 622? I only want a 722k, so this is critical for me since I have the over the air module installed in my current 722k.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   eichenberg

eichenberg

Legend

• Registered
  • 128 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:44 PM

I am still having trouble with my 722k. If I request a replacement, am I still at risk that they may send a 622? I only want a 722k, so this is critical for me since I have the over the air module installed in my current 722k.

THey sent me a replacement 722k.
Vizio SV470XVT1A
Yamaha RX-V663 DD 7.1
Dishnetwork
Vip 722k
DP 625
Soon to be Hopper/Joey System
PS3
Wii

#3 OFFLINE   BattleZone

BattleZone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:54 PM

Chances are about 90+% that you'd get a 722k, but there's still a chance that you could get a 722. These days, other than rare exceptions, 622s are only being used to replace existing 622s. Most 622s that are being returned are dead and not worth fixing.

Commercial & Residential Satellite System Design & Installation
DirecTV, Dish Network & Free-To-Air

#4 OFFLINE   barryaz1

barryaz1

AllStar

• Registered
  • 89 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:46 AM

I've had two replacements over the past few years, and they've all been 722k's. Just do not accept anything but. You do how to move your OTA module yourself, BTW

#5 OFFLINE   MattG@DISH Network

MattG@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 571 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:42 PM

We replace receivers with their same model (except when the receiver is obsolete). A 722k is replaced with a 722k. On an equipment upgrade, we wouldn't be able to guarantee one model over the other, but replacements will be the same model.

If you need help getting a replacement, send me a PM with your phone number or account number and I can get you taken care of.

Matthew "Speedy" Gonzales
Social Media

Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday 11a-10p MT.  Off: Weds/Sat/Sun.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...