Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Homeland - Season 1 Discussion - Spoilers for this season OK

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Drew2k

Drew2k

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:01 PM

I just finished watching the first season of Homeland and loved it, but have a nagging question that the finale didn't address...

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Drew2k

Drew2k

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:03 PM

To me it seems like it was just forgotten, but ... who is the leak that slipped the razor blade to the prisoner (Brody's guard while he was hostage) and who warned Walker that the Diplomat was setting Walker up at the park?

My money for the longest while was on the Assistant Director, but after seeing at the end how cozy he was with the Veep, I don't think it's him and now I'm wondering ...

#3 OFFLINE   Sixto

Sixto

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,963 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:21 PM

I thought Brody slipped him the blade.
DirecTV: Genie, H25, CCK, GenioGo, SWiM-16 & SWiM-8, DECA to Gigabit Switch with FiOS (75/35)
FiOS: Roamio Pro's (2), Roamio Plus, Mini's (4) with Ultimate HD (My Roamio Thoughts)

#4 OFFLINE   David Ortiz

David Ortiz

Thirsty from pretzels

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,071 posts
  • LocationFresno, CA

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:40 PM

I thought Brody slipped him the blade.

Yes, Brody obviously beat the lie detector, so we're supposed to infer that he passed the blade.

#5 OFFLINE   Drew2k

Drew2k

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:56 AM

OK, thanks. I can buy that about the blade and Brody - I forgot about the lie detector and the "faithful to your wife" question.

I don't think Brody knew about the diplomat and how Carrie and Saul were setting up Walker, so there might be another mole still. I guess this will be part of Season 2...

#6 OFFLINE   SPACEMAKER

SPACEMAKER

Freethinker

• Registered
  • 3,177 posts
  • LocationMason, MI

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:47 AM

I am very much looking forward to season 2 to see how Carrie's imminent vindication plays out. Great show. This show is one of the main reasons I keep subscribing to the Premier package.

Living Room:
Sony KDL-55EX720
HR44-700
AM21
Sony BDP-S360 Networked
Bedroom:
Sony KDL-40EX720
HR24-200
Sony DVP-NS75H

#7 OFFLINE   lucky13

lucky13

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationMaryland, DC suburbs

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:25 PM

I am very much looking forward to season 2 to see how Carrie's imminent vindication plays out. Great show. This show is one of the main reasons I keep subscribing to the Premier package.

Not sure how imminent her vindication will be.
She's a crazy woman again accusing a national hero of treason, based on something she (thinks she) heard the hero mumble while they were having an illicit affair that the hero will continue to deny. It may be a few episodes before even Mandy Patinkin believes her.

An excellent show. We watched it over the course of a week after the season ended.

#8 OFFLINE   SPACEMAKER

SPACEMAKER

Freethinker

• Registered
  • 3,177 posts
  • LocationMason, MI

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:02 PM

She's a crazy woman again accusing a national hero of treason, based on something she (thinks she) heard the hero mumble while they were having an illicit affair that the hero will continue to deny. It may be a few episodes before even Mandy Patinkin believes her.

An excellent show. We watched it over the course of a week after the season ended.

Oh I totally expect that Carrie will not be vindicated for several episodes. The tension it will build will be great TV.

Living Room:
Sony KDL-55EX720
HR44-700
AM21
Sony BDP-S360 Networked
Bedroom:
Sony KDL-40EX720
HR24-200
Sony DVP-NS75H

#9 OFFLINE   hilmar2k

hilmar2k

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:08 PM

That assumes she remembers remembering that. Remember, the doctor warned of short term memory loss post zapping-the-crazy-out-of-her-brain.

*I think I used every possible conjugation of remember in that post. Wait...remembered. There, that's it.

#10 OFFLINE   lucky13

lucky13

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationMaryland, DC suburbs

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:12 PM

That assumes she remembers remembering that. Remember, the doctor warned of short term memory loss post zapping-the-crazy-out-of-her-brain.

*I think I used every possible conjugation of remember in that post. Wait...remembered. There, that's it.

Yes, it will be interesting to see what triggers her memory of that.

Let's hope it's not a thread left hanging, like the Sopranos' Pine Barrens.

#11 OFFLINE   Drew2k

Drew2k

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:21 PM

I do have to wonder how the CIA never investigated the 2009 "quiet year" ... they knew he had 10 children but never noticed one of them was no longer around?

#12 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,427 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:24 PM

Posted Image

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#13 OFFLINE   John Strk

John Strk

Legend

• Registered
  • 159 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:19 AM

I just finished watching Homeland last night and all I can say is WOW! Loved it. Powerful stuff. The final 2 episodes were great and I liked how Dana was concerned for her dad, growing suspicious, and able to talk him into coming home to his family. She knew something was up. Nice performance from her. Maybe someone can turn him back against Nazir?

Something I just thought of. The SD card with Brody's video recording? I'm guessing that Walker recovered it and would have leaked the video had Brody carried out his mission, but we never see Brody retrieve it from him after he shot him. Will Walker's body be found and the SD card?

Very much looking forward to season 2!!

#14 OFFLINE   mchero

mchero

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:58 AM

Yes, What a season, I just had DirecTV installed & one of the first things I did was DL the full Season 1! My wife & I watchs the full season in about 5 days! LOL.

Looks like I'll be bumping up my package when Homeland Season 2 starts up!

#15 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,264 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:03 PM

This show and all the other scripted shows on the movie channels are all that keeps me from dropping the Premier package too. I can usually go thru the whole guide, which I do every two weeks or so, looking for movies and end up with only a few. Certainly not enough to justify the price of the package without the scripted shows.

Rich

spam firewall