Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Multi Sport RedZone channel package

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   hoophead

hoophead

Godfather

• Registered
  • 332 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:14 PM

Received a letter in the mail about a week ago that stated the package price will increase from $7/mo to $9/mo starting Feb.1

I have had the multisport package before the RedZone channel was born and keep it 12/mos a year. That's one price increase I cannot quibble about! :)

Edited by hoophead, 01 February 2012 - 11:32 AM.
fill in missing word

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:06 AM

$9 a month? BOOOO

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#3 OFFLINE   epokopac

epokopac

Godfather

• Registered
  • 327 posts
  • LocationLawrenceville, Georgia

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:57 PM

Received a letter in the mail about a week ago that stated the package price will increase from $7/mo to $9/mo starting Feb.1

I have had the multisport package before the RedZone channel was born and keep it 12/mos a year. That's one price increase I cannot quibble about! :)

22% increase :(.

However, only those that subscribe to that package will have to shoulder the increase. Can't see anything wrong with that.

The MSP is NOT for everyone, but I like it, especially the RZ channel.

#4 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:09 PM

$108 a year for no live pro sports is getting quite expensive. But, it was $60 at one time without NFLZ. So if you look at that you are paying $48 a year for the addition of the NFLZ it's not so bad, especially because to get it with Direct you have to pay hundreds for the Sunday package. I'm not a big enough football fan to want it, but my friends rave about the NFLZ and that is a great affordable substitute for the Sunday package.

#5 OFFLINE   coolman302003

coolman302003

2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,175 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:30 PM

As of now the Multi-Sport with RedZone is still $7 per month, and all the new pricing went into effect already today. So if its going up it must be at a later date or the decision was changed.

Price Changes effective 2/1/12:
  • DISH Latino Basico increased $3 to $22.99 per month
  • Premium Channels of 2 or more are now $2 more per month bundled together (example, HBO & Cinemax is now $26 instead of $24 etc. note: If you only subscribe to one then there is no increase)
  • Box Return Fee increased $2 to $17
  • Sling Adapter is now $30 with no rebate

UPDATE: As phrelin has posted here the Multi-Sport with RedZone will increase to $9 per month but not until 2/23/12 all other price increases that were effective 2/1/12 are listed in his post.

Edited by coolman302003, 05 February 2012 - 03:24 AM.

#6 OFFLINE   hoophead

hoophead

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 332 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:22 AM

$108 a year for no live pro sports is getting quite expensive. But, it was $60 at one time without NFLZ. So if you look at that you are paying $48 a year for the addition of the NFLZ it's not so bad, especially because to get it with Direct you have to pay hundreds for the Sunday package. I'm not a big enough football fan to want it, but my friends rave about the NFLZ and that is a great affordable substitute for the Sunday package.

I view a variety of college football and basketball games so the price is not only about "no live pro sports"

#7 OFFLINE   talk000

talk000

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:44 AM

What is a box return fee?

I agree the reason for subscribing to MultiSports is mostly college. I could do without redzone if they would break it out separately and return MultiSports to the old price.

I did not get the letter, but I pay annually for this.

As of now the Multi-Sport with RedZone is still $7 per month, and all the new pricing went into effect already today. So if its going up it must be at a later date or the decision was changed.

• Premium Channels of 2 or more are now $2 more per month bundled together (example, HBO & Cinemax is now $26 instead of $24 etc. note: If you only subscribe to one then there is no increase)

#8 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:36 AM

These prices did go into effect as of 2/1/12. It should be reflected on your next billing cycle. Thanks.

#9 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,527 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:00 PM

What is a box return fee?

When you have to return receivers after cancelling service (or sometimes when exchanging a defective receiver for a new/refurb one).

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#10 OFFLINE   hoophead

hoophead

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 332 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 06:05 PM

These prices did go into effect as of 2/1/12. It should be reflected on your next billing cycle. Thanks.

Ray, I am in the middle of receiving a 722 replacing a 322 and no CSR informed me of any fee....just said I have 10 days to return the 322

#11 OFFLINE   tjachem

tjachem

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:22 AM

Pay for the multi-sport package on an annual basis instead of monthly before 2/23 and two things will happen. Chat is the easiest way to do this.

1. You will pay around $70 for the year and essentially get two months free.
2. You will avoid the price increase until February of 2013

#12 OFFLINE   Papote

Papote

AllStar

• Registered
  • 55 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:48 PM

When you have to return receivers after cancelling service (or sometimes when exchanging a defective receiver for a new/refurb one).

Sorry for hijacking the post, but getting charged almost $20 for returning a borrowed receiver in good faith?!?!

#13 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,527 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:23 AM

Sorry for hijacking the post, but getting charged almost $20 for returning a borrowed receiver in good faith?!?!

Why would you think it should be free? Would you rather them add $1.50-$2.00 to your monthly bill to cover one exchange a year whether you make one or not? OR charge you only when you actually exchange a receiver?

#14 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:49 AM

Pay for the multi-sport package on an annual basis instead of monthly before 2/23 and two things will happen. Chat is the easiest way to do this.

Annual is no longer available as of Jan 1 believe.

#15 OFFLINE   Papote

Papote

AllStar

• Registered
  • 55 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:49 AM

Why would you think it should be free? Would you rather them add $1.50-$2.00 to your monthly bill to cover one exchange a year whether you make one or not? OR charge you only when you actually exchange a receiver?

I would be ok if they charged for exchanging a receiver when it is leased. I believe they can cover expenses after charging monthly DVR, lease and receiver access fees. Obviously, some of these charges depend on qualifying programming packages.

The fee does say Receiver Return fee, not exchange. I just don't understand why I should be charged to return it in good working order after all they have charged me before.

#16 OFFLINE   MCHuf

MCHuf

Legend

• Registered
  • 147 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:41 AM

Why would you think it should be free?

Maybe because the competition doesn't charge for returning equipment? When my mom cancelled Comcast, they sent a service person to pick-up their equipment from her. When I cancelled U-Verse, they instructed me to bring the equipment back to a UPS store, where it was packaged and shipped back to ATT on their dime.

Would you rather them add $1.50-$2.00 to your monthly bill to cover one exchange a year whether you make one or not? OR charge you only when you actually exchange a receiver?

The competition I mentioned charge roughly the same monthly fees for their equipment with no upfront fees.

#17 OFFLINE   Slamminc11

Slamminc11

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:34 PM

Maybe because the competition doesn't charge for returning equipment? When my mom cancelled Comcast, they sent a service person to pick-up their equipment from her. When I cancelled U-Verse, they instructed me to bring the equipment back to a UPS store, where it was packaged and shipped back to ATT on their dime.

The competition I mentioned charge roughly the same monthly fees for their equipment with no upfront fees.

well, if you don't like the way Dish handles their returns, then you are more than welcome to go to "the competition"...

#18 OFFLINE   coldsteel

coldsteel

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:04 PM

Annual programming is no longer an option. Only people that had annual programming before 2/1/11 have it, and once you change to monthly, it is gone.
DISH 625 dvr

The opinions posted on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies or opinions. Unless I decide to be bad or call out an idiot...

#19 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,527 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:51 PM

I had to drive to a UPS store to return my U-Verse equipment... My father had to drive to a Time Warner office to return his... so it wasn't "free" to return those when you factor in our time, gas, and use of the car we drove.

#20 OFFLINE   MCHuf

MCHuf

Legend

• Registered
  • 147 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:29 AM

well, if you don't like the way Dish handles their returns, then you are more than welcome to go to "the competition"...

Hey I like my Dish service. But Dish isn't perfect and and things can always be improved, no matter who the provider is. And seeing how Dish has had around the same customer numbers for years, maybe they do need to do something different. And while Dish is very profitable, they're basically making more profits per customer than making more profits by getting more customers.

I had to drive to a UPS store to return my U-Verse equipment... My father had to drive to a Time Warner office to return his... so it wasn't "free" to return those when you factor in our time, gas, and use of the car we drove.

Unless you live in a very rural area, there's a UPS store just a few miles from where you live or work. I'm sure the time and gas used to go to one while you're coming home from work or combined with some other errand was very minimal. I bet no where near $20 worth. And with a Dish return how many people give it to their mailman and how many drive to a post office or even a Fedex/UPS store?

Dish has been closing Blockbuster stores at a pretty heavy rate lately. Why haven't they converted any to Dish stores? Why haven't they added Dish sections to the remaining stores? The BB store I go do has far fewer shelves of rentals than it did before Dish bought them. Lots of wasted space. They could eliminate those fees for at least some customers by having equipment returns at a store.

spam firewall