Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Need a dirt cheap stereo receiver

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   dmspen

dmspen

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:51 AM

You're gonna love the manual....:nono2:

Rich

Manual? Who needs a stinkin' manual? I figure I'll get a 3.5mm headphone jack to rca adapter and stick my iPhone in the CD port.

Here's MY manual.

Stick adapter in phone
Stick RCA plugs in CD jacks
Press Power
Select CD
Adjust volume
Boogie:stickman:

#22 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,626 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:29 AM

You're gonna love the manual....:nono2:

Rich

:lol:......I have Sony's STR-DA5600ES and STR-DN1020 A/V receivers. Great receivers but there were times I thought the Operating Instructions Manuals were written by a partly trained ape.

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#23 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,482 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:22 AM

:lol:......I have Sony's STR-DA5600ES and STR-DN1020 A/V receivers. Great receivers but there were times I thought the Operating Instructions Manuals were written by a partly trained ape.

I actually called Sony about their manuals. Seems they get the info from Japanese engineers, write the manual in Japanese and then translate that into the various languages that the manuals are written. Since they are relying on engineers who aren't really able to address operating instructions on the level Joe Six-Pack (or I) can understand, you end up with a manual that only an engineer can understand.

What's really astounding is that you CAN figure out what Sony manuals mean (sort of) after a lot of tinkering and study, which is something you can't say for other manufacturer's manuals. Toshiba, for instance.

Microsoft makes manuals for all it's programs that are easy to understand. I kinda doubt they outsource the manuals to other countries. I used to read the manuals for Excel, Word, Access (terrible data base, I think) and other programs before teaching classes for those programs.

Rich

#24 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,482 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:25 AM

Manual? Who needs a stinkin' manual? I figure I'll get a 3.5mm headphone jack to rca adapter and stick my iPhone in the CD port.

Here's MY manual.

Stick adapter in phone
Stick RCA plugs in CD jacks
Press Power
Select CD
Adjust volume
Boogie:stickman:

Betcha you still end up reading parts of the manual. What model did you get? I think $35 might have been enough to ship that unit I have to CA.

Rich

#25 OFFLINE   dmspen

dmspen

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:43 AM

It's a SOny STR-D655. No manual although I suppose i could find one online.

#26 OFFLINE   andouille

andouille

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:00 AM

Any pawn shop.

#27 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,482 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:36 PM

It's a SOny STR-D655. No manual although I suppose i could find one online.

Can't remember if I've ever had one of them. Mine, the one I don't use, is a 955.

Rich

spam firewall