Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

LG LW5600 Series - Any Thoughts?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   NurseDiesel

NurseDiesel

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:22 PM

I read CNET's reviews of this TV but wanted to see if there are any actual owners on here who can share their experience and feelings on their set. The 3D on the set I was checking out at a big box store looks fantastic!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   satcrazy

satcrazy

Icon

• Registered
  • 789 posts
  • LocationGreat lakes, NW Pa.

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:32 PM

I read CNET's reviews of this TV but wanted to see if there are any actual owners on here who can share their experience and feelings on their set. The 3D on the set I was checking out at a big box store looks fantastic!

Don't know if it's the same model#, but best buy had one on display [ LG] and the 3d [ which was a fish thing] really jumped out at you.[ I saw this myself when I was shopping for a new tv], come to find out that was a specially made disc for display purposes. If you really like it, I'd find a 3d movie on disc your familiar with and ask the salesperson to play it for you and go from there.

Someone on AVS forum posted that they were disappointed in the 3d on their LG, and that it looked way different in the store. This is where I found out about the 3d "display" disc.

cheers!

Edited by satcrazy, 01 February 2012 - 05:37 PM.

#3 OFFLINE   Rockaway1836

Rockaway1836

Godfather

• Registered
  • 518 posts
  • LocationMyrtle Beach

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:12 PM

I own the 47 inch 5600. I liked it so much I bought a second one for my daughter as a Christmas/Birhtday gift.

I don't watch all that much 3D, but the 3D on the 5600, blows my Samsung C7000 out of the water.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...