Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

2/1/2012: All Bay Area Broadcast Nets in HD

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,320 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:05 PM

For San Francisco Bay Area Dish customers, this is a "landmark" day. We now have all the normal English language national broadcast networks in HD.

As of today KBCW was added giving us ABC KGO 7, CBS KPIX 5, Fox KTVU 2, NBC KNTV 11, PBS KQED 9, The CW KBCW 44, and for what its worth MyNetworkTV KRON 4.

:dance07:

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,176 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:12 AM

SIgh - I'd love to have PBS in HD but I have no idea when they'll do the Boston area (WGBH-2, WGBX-44 and NH's WENH-11)

#3 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,084 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:05 PM

For San Francisco Bay Area Dish customers, this is a "landmark" day. We now have all the normal English language national broadcast networks in HD.

As of today KBCW was added giving us ABC KGO 7, CBS KPIX 5, Fox KTVU 2, NBC KNTV 11, PBS KQED 9, The CW KBCW 44, and for what its worth MyNetworkTV KRON 4.

I hardly watch KRON much now. Heck they're hardly a network.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#4 OFFLINE   722921

Legend

• Registered
  • 233 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:38 PM

I noticed a bunch of locals, inlcuding PBS are now showing in HD in my area, ABQ, NM, and they have guide info too.
Hopper feeds the 73" Mitz WD-73640 3D DLP/1080p (and 19" Polaroid LCD/720p via RF)
Joey 1 feeds the 62" Mitz WD-62628 DLP/1080P (and 16" Polaroid LCD/720p via RF)
Joey 2 feeds the new 40" Specter LCD black friday special
Dish America Pkg

#5 OFFLINE   runner861

runner861

Icon

• Registered
  • 859 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:48 PM

I still would like to see KKPX and KOFY in HD. KRON used to be an NBC flagship in the old days, and the Bay Area had two ABC affiliates--KNTV and KGO. What an interesting place it was back then.

Now, NBC goes to KNTV, KRON goes sideways, and KSBW down in Salinas is transmitting ABC on a subchannel and acting like it is a big deal. So now, in Salinas, rather than getting news from San Francisco on KGO, we have KSBW simulcasting its news on its main channel and its subchannel. Come on KSBW, at least strike a deal with KGO where you can broadcast their news on your subchannel.

#6 OFFLINE   SteveinDanville

SteveinDanville

Legend

• Registered
  • 215 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:57 PM

I turned on PBS9 the other night to watch the Clinton special, and I was shocked to see it in HD!!! Now I don't have to mentally prepare myself anymore more SD. This is great news...finally!

#7 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,084 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:51 AM

I hardly consider CW a major network.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

#8 OFFLINE   Wicked

Wicked

Mentor

• Registered
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:33 PM

Spanish stations getting love too..

KDTV, KFSF, KSTS all in HD..

:)
Vizio E550VA 55"LCD HDTV 1080p
Panasonic TH-42PD12 42" Plasma HDTV 720p
DirecTV
-Lo Maximo/NFLST/MLBEI/FS+/SportsPack
HR24-500
HR23-700
SKY Mexico
-SKY UNIVERSE+La Liga
SKY+HD (HR23)

#9 OFFLINE   runner861

runner861

Icon

• Registered
  • 859 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:55 PM

I'm too tired to check, but isn't there an ION station Channel 65 in San Jose? Is it in HD on Dish? Or maybe that station is gone, not sure.

#10 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,084 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:17 AM

I'm too tired to check, but isn't there an ION station Channel 65 in San Jose? Is it in HD on Dish? Or maybe that station is gone, not sure.

I think channel 65 is off. Before the digital switch came HSN was on it. I had an old set in my garage & I watched it sometimes. It had a weak signal.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

#11 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 13,320 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:39 AM

KKPX-TV is on the Dish guide at its original channel 65 (SD only). On June 12, 2009 it ceased transmitting on channel 65 and is a digital only TV station on channel 41 multiplexed, apparently carrying Ion TV, qubo and ION Life.

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#12 OFFLINE   runner861

runner861

Icon

• Registered
  • 859 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:21 PM

KKPX-TV is on the Dish guide at its original channel 65 (SD only). On June 12, 2009 it ceased transmitting on channel 65 and is a digital only TV station on channel 41 multiplexed, apparently carrying Ion TV, qubo and ION Life.

I found out on this board that apparently Dish is not providing via LIL service the ION stations. What we are receiving is the national ION feed, although it is coming in identified as the local station and appearing in the area where the locals are displayed. Apparently ION has agreed not to demand that its local stations be carried. I can understand that ION can make that deal, but I am surprised that Dish can legally display the ION national feed as though it is the local station.

spam firewall