Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Hr34 as bridge

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Bartman94

Bartman94

Legend

• Registered
  • 103 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:08 AM

How are you getting the HR34 to retrieve results from YouTube and also work with DirecTV Cinema? My search results won't display YouTube matches and whenever I select DirecTV Cinema from the menu screen it just makes the menu screen disappear and then it just reverts back to the program I'm watching. All of my other networking features including Whole-Home, DirecTV2PC, etc. are working just fine so I know the network is connecting. I just can't seem to get YouTube and DirecTV Cinema to function... any thoughts?

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#22 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,988 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:13 AM

I'd try resetting the network defaults and maybe a reboot and then see if this cleared the glitch.
A.K.A VOS

#23 OFFLINE   paragon

paragon

Godfather

• Registered
  • 354 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:19 PM

I figure this question is similar enough that it should go under this thread. If I have a DECA hooked up to my router which provides internet to an HR34 via coax, can I get ethernet to a Blu-ray player by hooking it up to the ethernet port on the HR34? I am just wondering if it works reliably, I don't particularly care whether it is supported by DIRECTV or not. Thanks if anybody can help!

Just to follow up on my earlier question: I had my HR34 installed today and hooked my Blu-ray player up to the HR34 ethernet port to get internet connectivity to it. Everything appears to be working swimmingly so far. Will certainly post again if I encounter any issues.

#24 OFFLINE   T-Mac

T-Mac

AllStar

• Registered
  • 92 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:35 AM

I'm a new customer and had a HR34 and H25 installed on Monday with a wired CCK connected by ethernet to my router near the 34. A 2-way green label splitter connects to a PI-21 and feeds both the 34 and the wired CCK.

It sounds like I can simplify my connections by removing the 2-way splitter and the CCK, then connecting the coax from the power inserter directly to the 34 and an ethernet cable from the 34 to the router.

Is my understanding of this correct? (a little intimidated by all this swm/deca technology)

Thanks!

#25 ONLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,253 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:24 PM

Yes, basically completely remove everything to do with the cck, and connect the Ethernet cable from your home network into the hr34, and your all set.

#26 OFFLINE   dwneylonsr

dwneylonsr

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:16 AM

I have DirecTv here right now and the tech insists that even though the HR34 has a built in DECA that I still need one to properly use Whole Home. The reason he's here is that we've been having problems with the HR34 dropping out of the network.

Oh and we get a re-boot at 9:50 every morning.

#27 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:26 AM

I have DirecTv here right now and the tech insists that even though the HR34 has a built in DECA that I still need one to properly use Whole Home. The reason he's here is that we've been having problems with the HR34 dropping out of the network.

Oh and we get a re-boot at 9:50 every morning.

Sounds like a router problem. What brand are you using?

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#28 OFFLINE   dwneylonsr

dwneylonsr

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:01 AM

It's an Actiontec Q1000 from Century-Qwest.

#29 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:04 AM

Not familiar with that, but it sure sounds like its not renewing its lease with the DirecTv box every 24 hours. Perhaps setting all the DirecTv boxes to use STATIC IP's instead of the routers DHCP would solve your issue. The external Connection Kit vs direct ethernet to the HR34 shouldnt make any difference on your problem.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#30 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,917 posts
  • LocationLake Norman, NC

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:17 PM

And you shouldn't get a reboot every morning!

Spending to stimulate the economy as fast as the credit cards will allow!

My Setup / Weather at Lake Norman!/ Boathouse BEES
DLB, MRV, nomad, HDGUI are HERE! . . . We're DONE!

#31 OFFLINE   dwneylonsr

dwneylonsr

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:25 PM

Well the tech swapped out the box and reconnected the DECA. We'll see how it turns out.

#32 OFFLINE   cuda8630

cuda8630

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 07:06 PM

Just got the HR34 installed yesterday as part of a complete new install. I also have 3 H25 set up with whole home DVR.

The installer had set up with the Wireless CCK and refused to use the Cat 5 connection I have by to the HMC, He insisted that it would not work properly with the Ethernet hooked up directly to the HR34.

After reading these posts, I switched to using the direct Ethernet and removed the wireless CCK and have had no issues with Apps or WHDVR.

Thanks for the tips in this thread!! I did alot of research on here before the installation date and it has been very helpful.

#33 OFFLINE   dv430630

dv430630

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:09 AM

Connecting Ethernet straight to hr24 and 34 will result in connectivity issues with primary internet and whole home. Due to the built in deca it can intermittently turn internal off creating issues.

#34 OFFLINE   west99999

west99999

Icon

• Registered
  • 948 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:27 AM

Connecting Ethernet straight to hr24 and 34 will result in connectivity issues with primary internet and whole home. Due to the built in deca it can intermittently turn internal off creating issues.

The HR34 does not act like the 24 shutting down internal decas it is fine to hook ethernet straight to the HR34 I have mine that way and so do many more.

#35 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,988 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:24 PM

The HR34 does not act like the 24 shutting down internal decas it is fine to hook ethernet straight to the HR34 I have mine that way and so do many more.

First post here :welcome_s to the forum, and you get to learn something you didn't apparently know.

The HR34 is the only receiver currently that doesn't disable its internal DECA, so connecting the ethernet port to a router doesn't have any affect on the Whole Home/MRV functions.
A.K.A VOS

#36 OFFLINE   david279

david279

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:57 PM

Just to follow up on my earlier question: I had my HR34 installed today and hooked my Blu-ray player up to the HR34 ethernet port to get internet connectivity to it. Everything appears to be working swimmingly so far. Will certainly post again if I encounter any issues.

Thanks this is the exact setup I have I was wondering about it.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...