Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

MLB Extra innings 2012

• Please log in to reply
787 replies to this topic

#181 OFFLINE   FenixTX

FenixTX

Godfather

• Registered
  • 467 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:53 PM

Loving me some D* today. Called yesterday to see about canceling MLB EI and was only offered a $30 per month deal instead of $35 per month. I said thanks but I'll think about it.

Called back today, said I want to cancel MLB (which I actually wanted to), and the CSR very nicely asked is it because of the price? I said yes. Next I was offered the following:

$20/mo off my base package for 12 months
$5/mo off to add Sports Pack for 6 months
$5/mo off to keep Starz for for 3 more months.

Best deal I've gotten yet. Thanks D* Looking forward to Baseball now!!!!! :D

I just called and was told they would give me $60 off the total price. Told them I'd think about it. Will call back tomorrow and see if I can get a better deal.
Go Big Red!!!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#182 OFFLINE   the future is now

the future is now

AllStar

• Registered
  • 126 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:02 PM

$60 would be perfect. just looking for them to match my deal of last year which was $10 off per month for the six months.

will be calling in very soon.

Genie (HR34)
HR24
MLB Extra Innings

2010 and 2012 World Champions San Francisco Giants

#183 OFFLINE   gvatty

gvatty

AllStar

• Registered
  • 82 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:51 AM

Just called to cancel MLB. Premiere subscriber for many years. They just took it off my account. No discount offer. That's fine with me. Sunday Ticket is the only sports program I want. I just thought it curious that they didn't offer a discount.

#184 OFFLINE   Boston_bill

Boston_bill

Icon

• Registered
  • 631 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:08 AM

Just called to cancel MLB. Premiere subscriber for many years. They just took it off my account. No discount offer. That's fine with me. Sunday Ticket is the only sports program I want. I just thought it curious that they didn't offer a discount.

It's CSR Roulette. I cant believe someone who is acting on behalf of DirecTV wouldnt at least try to keep you as an EI subscriber.

#185 OFFLINE   gvatty

gvatty

AllStar

• Registered
  • 82 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:40 AM

The funny thing was the first CSR I talked to said that he had to transfer the cancellation request to his supervisor who would offer me a discount. She didn't. She just took EI off my March bill.

#186 OFFLINE   adkinsjm

adkinsjm

Icon

• Registered
  • 914 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:14 PM

It's CSR Roulette. I cant believe someone who is acting on behalf of DirecTV wouldnt at least try to keep you as an EI subscriber.

A line has to be drawn for some customers, especially if they have a history of credits.

#187 OFFLINE   hallrk

hallrk

Legend

• Registered
  • 162 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:41 AM

A line has to be drawn for some customers, especially if they have a history of credits.

I had more credits last year when I called than this year. Pretty much same happened to me as gvatty. It's frustrating and not fair. But at least I can get EI. I didn't have that option with DISH. I'm just going to have to pay full monty this year and not get a discount like many others have received.

#188 OFFLINE   John Strk

John Strk

Legend

• Registered
  • 164 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:03 AM

I'm just going to have to pay full monty this year and not get a discount like many others have received.

Maybe call back after the season starts and ask for a deal on your base package. They gave me $20 off base package a month for 12 months to cover the MLB discount. You never know.
DirecTV Customer Since 2007

#189 OFFLINE   Boston_bill

Boston_bill

Icon

• Registered
  • 631 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:22 AM

Thats not true. I was told to call back to get my credits renewed. Again it's the luck of the draw.

#190 OFFLINE   wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:39 PM

I paid full boat last year. Asked for a few buck off a month ago, was told no and they removed EI before I even asked. Aah - CSR roulette... Ughh!

#191 OFFLINE   gregftlaud

gregftlaud

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:22 PM

DTV price way too high. I sub'd to MLB TV this year and am going to watch it on my HD Roku player

#192 OFFLINE   wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:06 AM

greg - be aware the the Roku MLB PQ wasn't very good, which is why I eBay'd my Roku.

The MLBTV PQ wasn't very good on Apple TV either.

#193 OFFLINE   gregftlaud

gregftlaud

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:34 AM

Well i have the highest tier on comcast high speed internet 50mb/s. I have great PQ on my Roku i'm always watching movies on it....it's as good as blue ray PQ. Plus i've watched a few games on mlb tv on my roku player already .......although none of the game during spring are broadcast in HD......the SD picture looks great. So i'm looking forward to the HD picture. In order to get a good PQ on your Roku you need a really fast internet package plus every Roku is different i've seen bad reviews on it and i've seen good. I've been using Roku for years now recently upgrading to the XDS (1080p) version and think it's wonderful pic quality. The movies PQ equal the PQ with 1080p on demand on DTV.

When the season starts and i'm able to see some games in HD with my 50mb/s broadband speed i'll provide more feedback as this is the first year i'll be watching MLB on roku. But like i said i'm already impressed with the SD so i'm sure i'll be more than happy with the HD version. I really do think alot of it has to do with your internet speed/connection.

Edited by gregftlaud, 31 March 2012 - 11:43 AM.

#194 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,912 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:51 AM

Well i have the highest tier on comcast high speed internet 50mb/s. I have great PQ on my Roku i'm always watching movies on it....it's as good as blue ray PQ. ...

You really think Roku movies look as good as Blu Ray???? :eek2:
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#195 OFFLINE   stoutman

stoutman

Godfather

• Registered
  • 443 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 02:10 PM

Roku gives me a good HD picture, but not as sharp as HD from Directv. Today, got home at three and was able to watch the Red Sox game from first pitch on 57"tv due to MLB.TV allowing you to watch any game from any point you wish. Also, this Thursday and Friday, I will see baseball at work.

Best picture= Directv
Best value= MLB.TV

Summer is for travel and being away from home. Games during the day and night all week long. Mobile beats having it only on my tv. Roku gives very good picture.

I bet you the next contract between Directv and MLB will be a package deal!! MLB.TV plus Extra Innings for a special price.

#196 OFFLINE   gregftlaud

gregftlaud

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 02:36 PM

Yep with my 50mb tier with Comast connected to my Roku XDS 1080p player my video equals diretv tv's 1080p and blu ray quality. I've watched 1080p movies on all........ dtv, my blu ray dvd player and my roku player (amazon on demand) and they all look equal to me. I have a Pansonic 50" 1080p TC-P50G20 Viera also. Now back when i had a slower 16mb/sec tier with Comcast.....no way......did my PQ look as good.

Again I emphasize your internet speed has alot to do with the PQ u receive on your Roku Player. Plus u need to have a 1080p Roku Player. Older other versions only have 720p. I have the most expensive tier with Comast and it's well worth it.

Edited by gregftlaud, 31 March 2012 - 02:42 PM.

#197 OFFLINE   stoutman

stoutman

Godfather

• Registered
  • 443 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 02:51 PM

Ditto on quality of Amazon for Roku with regards to PQ. Cannot tell the difference from my movie channels. I, too, have 50 mb download speed. It is FIOS though.

#198 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,912 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 31 March 2012 - 02:55 PM

Yep with my 50mb tier with Comast connected to my Roku XDS 1080p player my video equals diretv tv's 1080p and blu ray quality. I've watched 1080p movies on all........ dtv, my blu ray dvd player and my roku player (amazon on demand) and they all look equal to me. I have a Pansonic 50" 1080p TC-P50G20 Viera also. Now back when i had a slower 16mb/sec tier with Comcast.....no way......did my PQ look as good.

Again I emphasize your internet speed has alot to do with the PQ u receive on your Roku Player. Plus u need to have a 1080p Roku Player. Older other versions only have 720p. I have the most expensive tier with Comast and it's well worth it.

16 MB connection is more than enough on a Roku...50 is even more overkill. (Unless you have multiple connections simultaneously going in your home.)

IMO, there's no way anything streaming equals Blu Ray.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#199 OFFLINE   gregftlaud

gregftlaud

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 02:59 PM

So Sigma are u calling me a liar? Wuld u like an invite over to my home to watch my Roku Player???? I hate it when people think they know everything like they are 100 percent sure. Give me a break. And they act like they have your eyes. U dont live in my home!! U dont watch my TV!!! U dont see what i see!!! Dont tell me what i'm seeing in front of my eyes. U have no clue as to what i'm seeing on MY setup.

IMO ....YES ROKU STREAMING ON MY 1080P PLAYER EQUALS BLU RAY PIC QUALITY.

Edited by gregftlaud, 31 March 2012 - 03:08 PM.

#200 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,912 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:06 PM

So Sigma are u calling me a liar? Wuld u like an invite over to my home to watch my Roku Player???? I hate it when people think they know everything and they act like they have your eyes. U dont live in my home!! U dont watch my TV!!! U dont have my TV!!! Dont tell me what i'm seeing in front of my eyes. Buzz off know it all!!!

Calm down. I said IMO (In My Opinion). Picture quality debates are similar to audio quality ones...I can't really tell high quality audio from good audio, but others can.

spam firewall