Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

MLB Extra innings 2012

• Please log in to reply
787 replies to this topic

#221 OFFLINE   HGuardian

HGuardian

Godfather

• Registered
  • 429 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:00 PM

Pre-season and regular season are different. Once the regular season starts, you should get all out-of-market games other than Saturdays during the day, when FOX has their national broadcasts.

jdg

What I'm trying to get it, if you have NHL Center Ice or NBA League Pass and the game you want to watch is on NHL Network or NBA TV (assuming you aren't in the teams market) you are blacked out from watching the RSN broadcasts.

Last year if you had MLB Extra Innings and the game you wanted to watch was on MLB Network you could still watch the game on the RSN. I'm just worried this changed recently because the FS Florida broadcast was on MLB Network and I was blacked out of the FS Florida broadcast on FS Florida.

I despise watching games (errr constant stats and advertisements) on any of the pro-networks.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#222 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,196 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:50 PM

Schedule still has no WGN HD games odd that they did not plan on remapping WGN A to MLB EI HD. (schedule likely was made before WGN got dropped)
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#223 OFFLINE   1980ws

1980ws

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts
  • LocationLongwood, Florida

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:00 AM

My MLBEI Channels are not showing in any menus - I know they are in the 720's per the D* website. Anyone else have an issue or are they not up yet? Or is my senility kicking in. And yes I am subscribed.

Enjoying D* since 2008 - Choice Xtra Classic
NFLST - MLB.TV PREMIUM - NHL Gamecenter Live
Phillies - Flyers - Rays - Noles

#224 OFFLINE   Steady Teddy

Steady Teddy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 279 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:00 AM

My MLBEI Channels are not showing in any menus - I know they are in the 720's per the D* website. Anyone else have an issue or are they not up yet? Or is my senility kicking in. And yes I am subscribed.

Well maybe you are senile :P but the MLBEI channels are not showing up for me yet either, and I'm also a EI subscriber. I don't see tonight's Marlins-Cards game being televised on any of the RSNs either.

**EDIT** Nevermind. Tonight's game is on ESPN I see.

Edited by Steady Teddy, 04 April 2012 - 05:34 AM.
correction

HR20--> HDMI --> Panny TH50 PX600U
HR20 --> HDMI --> 40" Sony KDL XBR3

#225 OFFLINE   TomK

TomK

Godfather

• Registered
  • 371 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:08 AM

Well maybe you are senile :P but the MLBEI channels are not showing up for me yet either, and I'm also a EI subscriber. I don't see tonight's Marlins-Cards game being televised on any of the RSNs either.

**EDIT** Nevermind. Tonight's game is on ESPN I see.

Time to mute the audio.

#226 OFFLINE   JohnDG

JohnDG

Legend

• Registered
  • 200 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:33 AM

Schedule still has no WGN HD games odd that they did not plan on remapping WGN A to MLB EI HD. (schedule likely was made before WGN got dropped)

They never map WGN to a MLB EI channel. WGN broadcasts do not require MLB EI sub, same as ESPN.

jdg

#227 OFFLINE   DodgerKing

DodgerKing

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:39 AM

They never map WGN to a MLB EI channel. WGN broadcasts do not require MLB EI sub, same as ESPN.

jdg

Yes they do. WGN broadcast have appeared on the EI for a few years now. It doesn't happen all of the time, but it does happen.

Since DirecTV usually carries both feeds, if you do have EI and you are outside of the Chicago DMA, you will be able to see those games from the opposing team's feed no matter if the game is also on WGN or not.

You are correct that the WGN games can also be seen outside of EI as well.

#228 OFFLINE   cmasia

cmasia

Icon

• Registered
  • 670 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:58 AM

Tomorrow will bring out the worst of Bud Selig's idiotic black out policy.

In Indiana, I am "claimed" by the Reds, White Sox, and Cubs, 110 miles from Cincinnati and 180 miles from Chicago.

With WGNA gone, I won't get the Cubs opener at all, as EI prevents me from watching the Nats' feed.

The same happens with all WCIU broadcasts.

So, in a world only Bud Selig could create, I get to see LESS of my "home team" than any other team in the country.

#229 OFFLINE   TimGoodwin

TimGoodwin

Icon

• Registered
  • 596 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:34 AM

You would think as an Oriole fan they would let me have EI for next to nothing :lol:

Now that is funny!
2 HR-20 700's
1 HR24-500
1 AM21
All receivers are networked

8 Port SWM
OTA Feeding all receivers
Slimline Dish
DLS 15MB's- FIOS

#230 OFFLINE   BigJ52

BigJ52

Godfather

• Registered
  • 309 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:44 AM

In Indiana, I am "claimed" by the Reds, White Sox, and Cubs, 110 miles from Cincinnati and 180 miles from Chicago.

With WGNA gone, I won't get the Cubs opener at all, as EI prevents me from watching the Nats' feed.

So, in a world only Bud Selig could create, I get to see LESS of my "home team" than any other team in the country.

Yep same for me here in Iowa as well. It Stinks.

#231 OFFLINE   AquiringSat

AquiringSat

AllStar

• Registered
  • 98 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:09 PM

MLB EI Channel are Up! And yeah, only one channel for the Nats and Cubs game tomorrow (MASN Feed)
Proud DirecTV Subscriber since 1.6.2012 :)
HR-34
Premier Package
MLB Extra Innings

#232 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,196 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:34 PM

Yep same for me here in Iowa as well. It Stinks.

In 2011, all White Sox, Bulls, and Cubs games televised on WCIU began to be simulcast to local stations in central Illinois and Iowa through what is referred to on-air as the "WGN Sports Network." Prior to this, select Bulls games on WCIU and WGN had been simulcast to these same stations.
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#233 OFFLINE   zimm7778

zimm7778

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:11 PM

I'm very fortunate. I live in Tampa so the Rays claim it. I don't think the Marlins do. I feel so sorry for all of you who love in places where multiple teams claim you causing all kinds of televised chaos for you. Hopefully MLB will do something about this kind of stupidity soon but we've been saying this for a long time.

#234 OFFLINE   Jimmy 440

Jimmy 440

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,665 posts
  • LocationMonmouth County NJ

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:53 AM

The Tribune stations are back on D !

JIMMY

DirecTv 1999
Olevia 42" HD
HR22-100
--------------------
NHL CI
MLB EI

#235 OFFLINE   adkinsjm

adkinsjm

Icon

• Registered
  • 914 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:08 AM

WGN is back and the Sports Pack should get you those in-market teams.

#236 OFFLINE   Supernaut

Supernaut

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:47 AM

WTF? I'm at work and was planning to record the Mets game at 1:00PM from the Online guide. I login and can't find the MLB EI channels listed. It goes from the Masters Channels to the NBA Channels. If I tell it to record the SNY feed do you think that will work?

#237 OFFLINE   BosFan

BosFan

Legend

• Registered
  • 182 posts
  • LocationAltoona, WI

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:01 AM

WTF? I'm at work and was planning to record the Mets game at 1:00PM from the Online guide. I login and can't find the MLB EI channels listed. It goes from the Masters Channels to the NBA Channels. If I tell it to record the SNY feed do you think that will work?

Same here!

Living room: Panasonic VIERA TC-P55ST30, HR23-700, Sony BDP-N460, Yamaha HTR-6140, Harmony 700
Family room: Vizio SV421XVT, HR24-500, Sony PlayStation 3, Yamaha R-7, Harmony 700
Bedroom: Vizio VA26L, HR21-200
SL-3, DECA, Whole-Home DVR, DTV since 4/09

Life isn’t like a box of chocolates…it’s more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today might burn your *** tomorrow.
---Author Unknown

#238 OFFLINE   Supernaut

Supernaut

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:27 AM

Same here!

Well you should be fine if you don't live in Boston or Detroit markets because your game is on ESPN2.

#239 OFFLINE   BosFan

BosFan

Legend

• Registered
  • 182 posts
  • LocationAltoona, WI

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:33 AM

Well you should be fine if you don't live in Boston or Detroit markets because your game is on ESPN2.

Oh cool, missed that.

Living room: Panasonic VIERA TC-P55ST30, HR23-700, Sony BDP-N460, Yamaha HTR-6140, Harmony 700
Family room: Vizio SV421XVT, HR24-500, Sony PlayStation 3, Yamaha R-7, Harmony 700
Bedroom: Vizio VA26L, HR21-200
SL-3, DECA, Whole-Home DVR, DTV since 4/09

Life isn’t like a box of chocolates…it’s more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today might burn your *** tomorrow.
---Author Unknown

#240 OFFLINE   JohnDG

JohnDG

Legend

• Registered
  • 200 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:44 AM

You can always record the RSN directly: the MLB EI channels are only a mirror.

jdg

spam firewall