Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

MLB Extra innings 2012

• Please log in to reply
787 replies to this topic

#321 OFFLINE   adkinsjm

adkinsjm

Icon

• Registered
  • 914 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:08 AM

If my tv info that reads the channel is to be believes I've had plenty of ESPN and FSN/MLB EI games in 1080i thus far.

If you turn Native off and set the resolution to 1080i, then your TV would see a 1080i signal.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#322 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,700 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:10 AM

I too thought Sunday's SD/LA game looked pretty good. Was never impressed with the channel 4 picture. Have always thought FS Detroit looked like crap. Some of the FOX rsn's are indeed 1080i. I know Cincy is & I'm pretty sure Midwest (St. Louis) & whichever one does Tampa are 1080i as well.

Tampa Bay is on fox sports Florida which is 720p at this moment. Also Midwest (st Louis).
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#323 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,123 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:50 AM

is this true? i have never seen ABC/ESPN or FOX/FOX RSN in anything but 720p.

It doesn't matter here for EI, but our ABC in Dallas (WFAA) is one of the only 1080i ABCs.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#324 OFFLINE   zimm7778

zimm7778

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:57 AM

If you turn Native off and set the resolution to 1080i, then your TV would see a 1080i signal.

At the risk of sounding like an idiot, I have no idea what you mean. I've seen varying resolution on my tv depending on what I'm watching. But I've seen 1080i for many things. Not sure what native is.

#325 OFFLINE   killerko

killerko

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 30 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:54 AM

is this true? i have never seen ABC/ESPN or FOX/FOX RSN in anything but 720p.

I knew it to be true last year. This year, I'm not so certain. I read somewhere that the FOX RSN's were uplinked by two different outfits. One was exclusively 1080i while the other was 720p. Cincy doesn't look as good to my eyes this year so maybe things have changed.

#326 OFFLINE   MrMars

MrMars

AllStar

• Registered
  • 93 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:13 AM

I knew it to be true last year. This year, I'm not so certain. I read somewhere that the FOX RSN's were uplinked by two different outfits. One was exclusively 1080i while the other was 720p. Cincy doesn't look as good to my eyes this year so maybe things have changed.

Rainbow Media no longer uplinks FSN Ohio/Cincy. FSN in Houston finally took over last fall.

#327 OFFLINE   John Strk

John Strk

Legend

• Registered
  • 202 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:16 AM

Most of the FOX RSN's look pathetic to me and are still broadcasting in 2.0 audio. Fail. NESN, YES, MASN, STO: these are great channels to watch baseball on!
DirecTV Customer Since 2007

#328 OFFLINE   slinger45

slinger45

AllStar

• Registered
  • 80 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:04 AM

dont forget SNY, it looked good the other day and the sound mix was great

#329 OFFLINE   killerko

killerko

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 30 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:45 AM

Rainbow Media no longer uplinks FSN Ohio/Cincy. FSN in Houston finally took over last fall.

Just checked FOX OHIO recording of last nights Reds game with native on & it is in fact 720p. Wish they'd left it alone. I swear the picture was better last year. More detail.

#330 OFFLINE   Boston_bill

Boston_bill

Icon

• Registered
  • 631 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:30 PM

I will say I really do appreciate that DirecTV gives us both teams feeds. I was over my parents on Sunday and they have FiOS and they only get one team's feed. So for all our complaining we have it pretty good.

#331 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:21 PM

bill, Fios is in the new england boston area?

Directv Premier Sport Packages  NFL ST, MLB EI, NHL CI, NBA LP,

Comcast Triple Play TV ( cheapest tv package for CSN Philly and TCN)

#332 OFFLINE   Boston_bill

Boston_bill

Icon

• Registered
  • 631 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:58 PM

bill, Fios is in the new england boston area?

It is in certain areas. I live in the same town as my parents and they have Fios but my street isn't wired for it.

#333 OFFLINE   milton

milton

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 216 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:12 AM

I do think it's kind of crazy that in the 21st Century, there are prime games that people can't even pay to see.

That is their right to do, but it seems like some agreement could be reached with people who are willing to pay for these games and the local stations.

Also with today's technology, when will it be possible to seamlessly substitute in local commercials (a la the Weather Channel - type arrangement) onto national channels like those in EI or Sunday Ticket, thereby making blackouts largely unnecessary.

(There is still the issue I guess of a person with access to multiple games flipping between games and avoiding most commercials, but from Fox's perspective, it would a tradeoff of somebody not watching any baseball at all, especially given that it is a Saturday in the summer where non-television options permeate.)

Also given that this is Fox, who owns most of the major cities' affiliates in the first place, you'd think they would care about the audience size for the bulk of the commercials -- the national ones.

#334 OFFLINE   JohnDG

JohnDG

Legend

• Registered
  • 201 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:13 AM

Looks like the Lakers game is overlapping the Dodgers game tonight on Prime Ticket, and the Dodgers feed is not listed in the MLB EI channels.

Is DTV going to open up Prime Ticket when the Lakers games is over?

jdg

#335 OFFLINE   mshaw2715

mshaw2715

Breaking the mold

• Registered
  • 834 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Washington

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:04 AM

It doesn't look like it. Just one note, the game may not be available from the beginning at all on directv. Penguins game just has to run into that time slot, which is likely to occur.

Looks like the Lakers game is overlapping the Dodgers game tonight on Prime Ticket, and the Dodgers feed is not listed in the MLB EI channels.

Is DTV going to open up Prime Ticket when the Lakers games is over?

jdg

#336 OFFLINE   skizer

skizer

AllStar

• Registered
  • 100 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:41 AM

Stupid question here....

Trying to watch the Cards/Reds game via the Mix channel today -- thanks to the idiotic MLB blackout rules.....

However...how do I change the audio that is playing? I see the game in the 'third' window, but can't figure out how to change to that box. Currently just hearing the audio from the ChiSox / Cleveland game in the 1st box.

When I try to arrow over, I just get the internet Apps?!?!?!

#337 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,123 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:10 AM

Stupid question here....

Trying to watch the Cards/Reds game via the Mix channel today -- thanks to the idiotic MLB blackout rules.....

However...how do I change the audio that is playing? I see the game in the 'third' window, but can't figure out how to change to that box. Currently just hearing the audio from the ChiSox / Cleveland game in the 1st box.

Tune to the Mix channel, don't press anything and wait for the thing to load...it takes a minute or so.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#338 OFFLINE   MarkG21

MarkG21

AllStar

• Registered
  • 73 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:24 AM

Stupid question here....

In addition to what the above person said, you can also press the red button to change audio streams.

#339 OFFLINE   skizer

skizer

AllStar

• Registered
  • 100 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:34 PM

Tune to the Mix channel, don't press anything and wait for the thing to load...it takes a minute or so.

thanks....just wasnt waiting long enough. Once I let it sit there a bit, it worked fine.

#340 OFFLINE   dvdmth

dvdmth

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,030 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:53 PM

In addition to what the above person said, you can also press the red button to change audio streams.

It's actually the green button, not red. We did this a couple of times last year with Rockies games not covered locally. If you're watching live, you can use the arrow keys to switch tracks, but if you DVR the Mix Channel (like we did), you must use the greem button to switch because the interactive app doesn't load with recordings.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...